“Good service, breakfast menu a little limited.”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #17 of 261 Restaurants in Elk Grove
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aiea, Hawaii
“Good service, breakfast menu a little limited.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Mimi's is very well-decorated family restaurant with a somewhat limited but stylish breakfast menu. Service was very good in view of the fact that our waitress I think had too many tables to take care of. The breakfast menu items are not a straight-forward Denny's-type of offering. They are prepared with more of an attempt to be gourmet or at least different from standard fare. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. I just like simple things. I prefer Black Bear Diner's pancakes to theirs. There also weren't many selections. So, you don't get 10 different kinds of omelets or eggs with five different kinds of meat. You get what they have. The muffins my wife had were very good. My pancakes were just average. It's a popular restaurant and was filling up fast with the early lunch crowd as we were finishing. I appreciate that the manager was hovering around keeping an eye on things and trying to be a greeter as well.

• Visited December 2013

Sacramento, California
“Very GoodBreakfast”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was my first time having breakfast at Mimi's; my wife's 5th trip and overall it was very good because of our server. Me personally found the menu limited since I cannot eat eggs and had to choose from the "Sides" selections. My wife tried something different for her and she was very pleased.

Visited December 2013
“Great place but don't like the new menu.”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I have always enjoyed dining at Mimi's but not too sure I will visit quite as often as I used to. The old menu was unique & wonderful! It had a fantastic array of down home simple to high style elegance. Something for everyone. The Pot Roast dinner was delightful (just like Mom's!!) but is now gone. Too bad.....guess I will start a search for a new favorite restaurant. Denny's has a pretty diversified menu...have to do for now.
Sorry,
Sad & Hungry

• Visited October 2013
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Best customer service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Being in the customer service it is always nice to have someone/employee go out of their way to accommodate. My husband cant have certain items due to heart issues, this café made a special dinner so that he could enjoy the same meal as me, just without the salt etc.

Kudos to a wonderful staff and Rachel for being GREAT

• Visited August 2013
“Great place in a pinch”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a go to place when I need a nice break and night out with friends. They are consistently good, they provide great value and the staff is totally professional friendly.

• Visited July 2013