“Skip it”

Cuisines: American, French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went for dinner since it was 50 yards from my hotel. My client told me the next morning that The Macaroni Grill across the street is better.

6:30 p.m. on a Monday evening and the place was nearly empty. That should have been my first clue. I wasn't impressed with the menu or the wine choices and was about to leave when my waitress arrived. Against my better judgment I ordered a glass of wine and what was billed as a roasted half chicken.

She “had to open a new bottle”, so the wine took a while to arrive. But within less time than it took for my waitress to first arrive, a pathetic looking quite tiny "half chicken" arrived. So, one can conclude they pre-cook it, and warm it up with the microwave when it's ordered. Breast was OK, leg & thigh under-cooked. You get a choice of two sides from a list of half a dozen or so. Can't ruin white rice, but the creamed corn was kernels of yellow corn drowning in a thin, soupy, milky substance. The prices were as low as the quality and taste of the food, so if cheap is your sole criterion, I guess you could go there and be happy. I'd have been better off going to KFC, buying a bottle of wine at the market, and eating in my room.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a nice, comfortable restaurant for families. I have in the past eaten mostly breakfasts and a few brunches and enjoyed it; hard to ruin eggs. But this week I had dinner there and I discovered how mediocre the food realy has become. Most every entree seemed to have been portion controlled in sizes that appeared to have been frozen and then defrosted/warmed up for serving; worse yet, it tasted that way. I think many chain restaurants surfive the cost squeeze by relying on frozen entrees, but the quality of what Mimi's was serving was a notch below the average. The master chef needs to get to work!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Food was bland. The service was slow and staff unfriendly. Could have jsut been a bad day for them, but just too many other options around. We wil not be goin back

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Mimi's has a great menu with lots to choose from. Although the food is good the service is slow. The seems to be a wait even though tables are empty. Once seated the food takes a while to arrive. This might be attributed to a skeleton staff. I have visited two Mimi's and experienced the same.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hostess as well as the manager on duty 3/27/13 are in need of some customer service training! We went there for breakfast and we put our name down with the hostess. A couple came after us while we were waiting and they were seated before us because the woman refused to wait for the next table. The manager and the hostess accommodated them because the women loudly demanded to be seated immediately. If we are going to be treated like chopped liver, we will find another restaurant in which to spend our hard earned cash. We won't be going back!