“Love to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Fremont, United States
“Love to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

By far, the best advantage that this hotel has, is the staff. They always do an outstanding job when it comes to customer service and go above and beyond to make the stay pleasant. I've stayed here about 4 times now and will always book with the Hilton Garden Inn when I come back to this area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Jessica K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hanford, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn provided a wonderful stay! Incredibly comfortable beds, a beautifully decorated and welcoming lobby, clean room and accomodating staff. In walking distance to a variety of restaurants and easy access to the freeway and other local activities. Would definitely recommend staying here when in the Elk Grove area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Winters, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

my daughter and I and grandkids stayed here for one night so the kids could swim and enjoy themselves. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and will will go back. Location was great... we had BJ's which is right next door. The bar was open in the evening for cocktails so all of us were happy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vicnwil
California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beautiful linens, everything clean and nice. Really enjoyed our stay. The staff was always friendly and greeted us each night when we came in. Would definitely stay here again! They did have a breakfast area where you could pay to eat but we thought it was a little steep. More for the business traveller with an expense account I think.

This area is convenient to the freeway and all kinds of places to eat on both sides of the freeway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot to avoid occasional freeway traffic noise. We only heard the m...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaliforniaTerri
Casa Grande, AZ.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I generally will see if there is a Garden Inn in whatever town we are passing through or visiting; and lucky me, there was one when we traveled to Elk Grove to see my cousin!

We are Hilton Honors members so we received free internet service while we were there (it's a little perk and it's free to sign up).

Front desk was extremely friendly, gave us all the important information and told us to call if we needed anything.

Room had microwave and fridge, in good working order. Coffee and tea maker as well.

Our room had 2 queen sized beds, and Hilton beds are always AWESOME to sleep on!!! I love sleeping in their beds! Room has tons of space with a huge desk, office chair, chair and ottoman, and a nice sized dresser. Bathroom had bathtub/shower combo with good water pressure and hot water immediately. The only thing I don't get is why they don't automatically put four big towels in when 2 people are staying? We didn't bother asking for another, just made due with the smaller hand towels.

Very, very quiet room. Absolutely spotlessly clean. And the best price our of the other hotels in the area including Holiday Inn and Best Western!

Hotel has easy access to Highway 99 and is situated in an area that has many restaurants available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CGTraveler
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Myself, husband and 1 year old son checked in after 9pm on a Tuesday night following a water main break in our home. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite for $159 plus taxes. We did not have a reservation although I did check online via my iphone on the route there so I had an idea already of rates and availablity. The front desk clerk was fast and efficient but not overly friendly. He did not inform us of any hotel amenities including the breakfast offered (which is not free). The room was less than average to average although it was very large. It had a half bath with sink and toilet when you walk in, small kitchen/bar area with mini fridge, mini microwave, sink and glasses, ice bucket, coffee maker. Living room with pullout couch which we did not use, the couch was not the most comfortable but it wasn't bad either. Coffee table, flat screen TV not a huge selection of channels and no Disney Channel. Desk/work area and window over looking the pool. It was clean for the most part although a couple of stains here and there nothing major. The bedroom was large and they accomodated us with a crib and mattress for our baby. The crib was a metal one and the mattress was decent but well used. No crib sheets so we used the extra blanket in the closet to make it a little softer for our son. We brought our sons blankies of course. The King bed was comfortable but needed better quality and more pillows. It had central heat/air system which worked well. The bathroom was the best part of this hotel. It had a huge soaking tub and great water pressure that filled it quickly. Walk in shower, plenty of linens which I always appreciate. All in all this hotel was just ok. The staff had no wow factor whatsoever, I got the short, curt answer when requesting late checkout of 12:00 instead of 11am which they did accomodate but made me feel bad for asking. This hotel is in the middle of Elk Grove so I don' expect much but for the rate of almost $200 a night incuding breakfast for 1 I expect a nice attentive staff and a non blah room. Probably would stay again but only if we had to. Hampton Inn and Suites on Laguna is much better value for the money but they didn't have a crib so we couldn't stay there.

Room Tip: Higher floor but there is no view of anything here it's next to the freeway. There are a lot of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Los Alamitos, California
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I found the staff to be very accommodating and helpful. They tried their best to help me change the last half of my stay to using Hilton Honors points, and were more gracious than the Hilton Honors staff. Although it was eventually worked out, I appreciated their attitude toward me, after the last stay at Hampton Inn Cal Expo with the exceedingly rude staff.
And when I protested paying the $13 fee for a bowl of oatmeal, rather than the entire buffet, the waiter immediately took care of lowering the cost. I love getting this type of service.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Americas Best Value Inn - Sacramento/Elk Grove

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove? Share your experiences!