“Mixed review but generally just average”

Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Myself, husband and 1 year old son checked in after 9pm on a Tuesday night following a water main break in our home. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite for $159 plus taxes. We did not have a reservation although I did check online via my iphone on the route there so I had an idea already of rates and availablity. The front desk clerk was fast and efficient but not overly friendly. He did not inform us of any hotel amenities including the breakfast offered (which is not free). The room was less than average to average although it was very large. It had a half bath with sink and toilet when you walk in, small kitchen/bar area with mini fridge, mini microwave, sink and glasses, ice bucket, coffee maker. Living room with pullout couch which we did not use, the couch was not the most comfortable but it wasn't bad either. Coffee table, flat screen TV not a huge selection of channels and no Disney Channel. Desk/work area and window over looking the pool. It was clean for the most part although a couple of stains here and there nothing major. The bedroom was large and they accomodated us with a crib and mattress for our baby. The crib was a metal one and the mattress was decent but well used. No crib sheets so we used the extra blanket in the closet to make it a little softer for our son. We brought our sons blankies of course. The King bed was comfortable but needed better quality and more pillows. It had central heat/air system which worked well. The bathroom was the best part of this hotel. It had a huge soaking tub and great water pressure that filled it quickly. Walk in shower, plenty of linens which I always appreciate. All in all this hotel was just ok. The staff had no wow factor whatsoever, I got the short, curt answer when requesting late checkout of 12:00 instead of 11am which they did accomodate but made me feel bad for asking. This hotel is in the middle of Elk Grove so I don' expect much but for the rate of almost $200 a night incuding breakfast for 1 I expect a nice attentive staff and a non blah room. Probably would stay again but only if we had to. Hampton Inn and Suites on Laguna is much better value for the money but they didn't have a crib so we couldn't stay there.

Room Tip: Higher floor but there is no view of anything here it's next to the freeway. There are a lot of...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I found the staff to be very accommodating and helpful. They tried their best to help me change the last half of my stay to using Hilton Honors points, and were more gracious than the Hilton Honors staff. Although it was eventually worked out, I appreciated their attitude toward me, after the last stay at Hampton Inn Cal Expo with the exceedingly rude staff.
And when I protested paying the $13 fee for a bowl of oatmeal, rather than the entire buffet, the waiter immediately took care of lowering the cost. I love getting this type of service.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

One if the better quality Hilton properties in the Sacramento area. I usually stay near Arden Faire mall, but was tiered of sub par rooms and high cost. This hotel is like new, friendly staff and still good location for nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife arrived before me, and advised the Front Desk I would be arriving Late Thursday night. When I arrived, the Front Desk agent asked that I show ID and called my wife to make sure I was allowed to have a key. I found this level of authentication and security very comforting :) The staff, lobby, grounds, and rooms are all top notch. I think the HD TV was lacking in the selection of HD channels, but that would be the only down side!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a satisfactory Hilton property. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles or wow factor. The lobby is clean, elegant, and well appointed. The rooms are soon to be in need of renovation and update. The bathroom is clean, functional, and moderate in size. I would stay at this property again for its cleanliness, kindness of staff, and plentiful parking.

Room Tip: Request a high floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here with Family in connecting rooms on two separate occassions aournd Thanksgiving. Quiet, despite being crowded. Really friendly, helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again while visiting family! Morning Breakfast at Hilton Garden Inn is much better than most other Chains.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quiet. The do a good job of getting you connecting rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

WARNING: Paper thin walls. Each bump or tap or conversations, you will hear it. The ony thing going for this hotel is the comfort sleep system, CLEAN and the breakfast omlette. I would stay again at this hotel providing it's on the 4th floor and corner unit. The hotel is listed as close to I5, but in reality, it's 15 minutes away (if you drive REALLY REALLY FAST). Ample FREE parking.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Americas Best Value Inn - Sacramento/Elk Grove

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove? Share your experiences!