“Best Chinese in the Area (and maybe all of OC)”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Din Ho Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in El Toro
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 3, 2015

Have only been to the restaurant twice, and still wondering why I do not go here more often. The service is very prompt and courteous, and the decor is pleasant. We had the won ton soup which was just perfect. Followed up with the honey walnut shrimp and egg foo young. The shrimp dish is generally too sweet for my liking, but that is really how the dish is to be made - however DIn Ho's rendition was perhaps the best I have had. In regards to the home made eff foo young, Din Ho creates a nice patty and then puts the generous protein and vegetables on top in a very pleasant sauce. While I was brought up putting the veggies and protein in the patty itself, I really like the Din Ho take on this dish. While this restaurant is a bit far from where I live, I will venture here more often as it is really one of my favorites in OC>

Reviewed January 28, 2015

My husband and I found this place by accident about six years ago and have been regulars ever since. Pretty much everything that do is delicous! My favorites are the teriyaki chicken wings and lemon chicken. Things are no overly breaded as they are in so many Chinese restaurants and the sauces are all so tasty! Great value and great service.

1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed November 19, 2014 via mobile

The food is always fresh and delicious. You get larger portions than you get at other restaurants. The service is professional but friendly. Our favorite Chinese restaurant.

1  Thank nhoover
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We found this restaurant about three years ago. We eat here at least once a month. Great food Great service Reasonable pricing

2  Thank Chris C
Reviewed March 18, 2014

When you see egg FuYoung on the menu, you know that this is not a good Chinese restaurant. I was a Chinese chef 30+ years ago when I was going to college. I worked in my relative's restaurant. We serve egg FuYoung and Chop Chui. They are not real Chinese food. You don't find it in Chinese restaurant in China Town or Monterey Park.

I ordered shrimp with oyster sauce. It was not good at all. It was way too sweet. For some reason, they put too much sugar. The worse thing was- the rice was dry and hard. It was from the night before. I normall save those for fried rice when I was a Chinese chef. You don't serve a day old rice to customers.

If you are looking for real Chinese food, this is not the place. I ate at the new Shanghai the day before. it was a little better, but the portion was small. I write a separate review on that.

If you want real Chinese food, at least try the restaurants near 99 Ranch Market in Irvine. Sam Woo is pretty good.