“Hidden Gem”

Sue's Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in El Sobrante
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 30, 2016

Homey atmosphere, efficient service, clean restroom and of course...the super yummy dishes that will keep you coming back!

1  Thank 608jinggoy

Reviewed October 18, 2016

This place has been a gem since I found it a few years ago. I have tried almost everything and have enjoyed everything I have eaten there. I have my favorites that I always go back to. It is a little whole in the wall in el sobrante, but very clean, staff is nice and friendly. But the food, the food is what will keep you coming back. Home cook meal with flavors that will make you taste buds come alive.

1  Thank April A
Reviewed July 20, 2016

Sue's Kitchen is a small,family owned restaurant which serves Thai and Lao food. Everything I have tried there is good, but I especially like the egg rolls and the pad thai. There are always families and couples there. The portions are plentiful.

Reviewed June 16, 2016

Sue's Kitchen was chosen because we wanted something different and were in the area. Not easy to find because it is located at the back of a strip mall that is situated above street level so you can't see it. If you find the Domino's Pizza, located at the front of the strip mall, you have the right place. Don't let the plain decor scare you off; these type of eating establishments you go for the food not so much the ambience. We got there right when they opened so it was not busy but while we were there we did appreciate enough patronage including take-out. We had Pad See Eew which was delicious with its stir fried flat noodles and chicken (or beef). The Kao Poon was one of their noodle soups with vermicelli noodle, chicken breast, shredded cabbage, bean sprouts, red curry paste in coconut milk topped with cilantro and green onions. This bowl was a bit spicy for me but would be enjoyed by many others. Sue's Kitchen has plenty of choices and great prices so we will be back. The service was good. Plus points for the bathroom using Kirkland Signature (Costco) TP versus some of those harsh industrial/commerical brands.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

I've recently been to this place several times. In the past it always seemed empty; not any more. A weekday lunch saw a line out the door. I haven't had a bad dish there, but the panang curry stands out for me. My wife had a seafood curry at dinner, and the leftovers didn't last the evening.