“Disappointed!”

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Palmdale, California
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed here before and it was just okay. Today, we must have gotten the worst room in the place. My Volkswagen is larger than the room. Cigeratte burns on the sheets and bedspread in a non smoking room. Very loud and strong order from laundered sheets like chlorine or something.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Sacramento
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a like neighbor next to us that kept is up until midnight. I was just moving to LA and was exhausted and he was talking very likely and literally blasting music. We called to complain twice but it seemed he got louder each time. I wish the hotel would have just movies him out. We ended up moving the mattress off the bed and sleeping on the floor in front of the bathroom to put more space between is and the noise. I really wish that I would have been reimbursed for that night stay, of wasn't worth what I paid. I even attempted to find another hotel but they were all booked.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

San Juan
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Good location very near to the airport and highways. The cleaning staff was good. Is not a pretty hotel on the ourltside but the rooms are clean and up to date, the furniture is new and the room is better than we expected. Breakfast is the bad part very poor and not the staff is not paying any attention to it. They ran out of things all the time and is not like they have tons of items , juice bad bad bad also the coffee. Is only good to eat a bowl of cereal and a bagel. /

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

FAIRFIELD
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Was a bit worried when we had to walk through the pool area & thru several pod buildings to get to our room. All in all thou the lush greenery, open walkways & decor is pretty nice. Rooms are clean & showers are very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I see lots of above average reviews of this hotel and I just don't understand. I traveled with a buddy of mine to Anaheim for a convention and to sight see Grand Canyon. We were flying out of LAX in the morning so we needed a place to stay close to the airport. Okay, I give the fact that it's close to the airport but this hotel is an absolute shame. I've stayed at some horrible hotels (and hostels in Europe as well) and 5 star hotels in my lifetime and this definitely ranks on the bottom three.

First, the owner wasn't friendly at all. I called the hotel on our drive to ask what the cost was. This is how the conversation went literally:

Me: "Hi, I'm looking to stay there tonight. Do you have a room for two?"
Owner: "Yeah."
Me: "Great, how much is it?"
Owner: "$---"
Me: "Okay, thanks, we'll be by in a little bit to book a room."
Owner: *CLICK*

No "thank you," no "see you soon," just hung up on me. When I saw him in real person, he was just as rude.

That's not even the good part. Our room was horrible. As soon as we walked in, we turned on the lights and it didn't work. I walked over to another light and THAT didn't work. Literally, out of 5 lights in the entire room, only ONE worked. There was also a drawer that wouldn't shut and it just stayed open, which made walking around our beds incredibly uncomfortable. The room was dirty, everything needed to be fixed or updated, bathroom was falling apart and dirty, you name it, they need work.

Lucky for them, we were two extremely low maintenance guys who were looking for a place to sleep for just one night before flying out. We were tired and didn't want to bother changing our room, let alone, look for another hotel. If you need a quick place to sleep near the airport, sure go ahead and book this place. Otherwise, it's complete waste of your money. I would never stay here again nor would I bring my family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kwondogg
New Orleans, USA
Reviewed February 4, 2013

POSITIVES: Extremely close to LAX, you can pull out of the driveway and literally be at the terminal area in five min or less. Noise is not a problem, nor is traffic in this general area. Rooms were tidy. Towels and bed-sheets were replaced daily. Breakfast was decent (I really don't know why people are whining about it so much) and consisted of self-make waffles, several cereals, milk, orange juice, guava juice, sparkling water, bread/bagels with toaster, and various condiments. I always caught the earlier breakfast hours, and supplies were always plentiful. Common sense should suggest that food choice/availability will wane as breakfast time (nearly 3hrs) comes to a close. Staff was very friendly. Communication in English wasn't a problem. Spanish and Hindi speakers were available as well, for guest convenience.

NEGATIVES: There weren't many, as it ~is~ rather ridiculous to nitpick a budget hotel. My biggest problem was with the surprise $5/night parking fee, which was not mentioned at any booking point, and sprung upon you at the desk. You receive an ID tag for your car, and THEY DO CHECK THE LOT (and in theory they'll tow) so there's no point in trying to get around it. On the other hand, they do now have an expanded parking lot on the other side of the street from the hotel, so I never had a problem finding parking, even when coming in after midnight. Also the bathroom floor wasn't the cleanest (lot of hair) but I asked the custodial staff to pay extra attention to that, and they did, so no biggie there.

All in all, I'd definitely stay here again. I PriceLined this place for nearly 1/3 of the going market-rate, and was happy with what I got for the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#81 of 351 in Los Angeles
Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport

Been to LAX South Travelodge? Share your experiences!