“bad experience”

LAX South Travelodge
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here last night. Reread reviews and can't believe I stayed at same place. I knew when I books sit would be just an OK place based on price. Room was OK good bed and shower but the shuttle was unreliable. Rang at 10pm and told wait will be 20 mins but 45 mins later van pulls up nearly full and 4 others get on and driver says sorry full. Not happy and asked what he was going to do. Eventually a taxi was offered taxi and hotel would pay. Got to hotel and they really made a scene of paying. Walk up call at 6.30am never happened. Shuttle times about 1.5hrs apart. It is not the hotels shuttle owned by someone else. Although I booked to be on the shuttle back to the airport the next morning I was not checked on to the shuttle which left for the airport 10 min earlier then the stated time. Thankfully I was there or I would have had to wait for the next one. Customer service was disgraceful. I would not stay again as too much hassle.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for LAX South Travelodge

Reviewed October 29, 2012

After trouble getting the shuttle as the white van had very little to identify it as being from the travel lodge I took a taxi. However, when I reached my room I was pleasantly surprised. A very nicely furnished king bed room with everything I needed for a night's stay. My room was on the ground floor in the back row. It was very quiet.
I was advised that a wide selection of food outlets were nearby (2 blocks away) and I found them easily.
My early morning shuttle was at 5.45am and it was on time.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and stay there again.

Room Tip: The service was a bit hit and miss . However , $77(web) inc. was a bargain.Ask for a room on the gro...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RobP423
Reviewed October 25, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have stayed at travelodge before in el cajon and the hotel was very clean and hospitality was superb so that is what I was expecting when I checked in to this travelodge. However what I received was almost just the opposite. When we checked in there some some discrepancy regarding parking and I was pretty much accused of not knowing how to read. The room was clean however the website said the hotel was renovated in 2010 but It did not appear that it was. The desk chair was soiled, the refrigerator was old and rusty, the closet door were extremely difficult to open. The bed was very high off the ground and hard to get in. Our room was right next to the pool and we had no sheer curtain just the main curtain so we really couldn't open the curtain to let the sun come in because people were in the pool and could see directly into our room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Quick and easy access to LAX and freeways. There are restaurants, market and pharmacy just 5 minutes away from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kao M
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I went for a job interview, out of state and stayed at Travelodge. The iron in my room was covered in some sticky gunk that would not come off. I called the front desk and asked for a replacement iron as I had a job interview the next morning, and needed to iron my clothes. I was informed that he would first have to call the hotel manager, as he did not have a key to the closet where the irons were kept, and that the maintenance staff had went home. This was only 2 hours after the check-in time.
An hour later, after not hearing back, I went downstairs to ask again. I was told that the manager had not called him back.

I asked if he could simply exchange my iron for one from one of the many vacant rooms in the hotel. He said he would have to ask the manager, as he did not have the authority to do so.

End of story....I never got a clean iron. Not even the next day. Horrible, Horrible, Horrible service. I will NEVER go back. I would give 0 stars for service if this were an option.

Additionally, the blankets on the bed had many holes .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#91 of 353 in Los Angeles
Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport

Been to LAX South Travelodge? Share your experiences!