“Location”

LAX South Travelodge
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Quick and easy access to LAX and freeways. There are restaurants, market and pharmacy just 5 minutes away from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kao M

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I went for a job interview, out of state and stayed at Travelodge. The iron in my room was covered in some sticky gunk that would not come off. I called the front desk and asked for a replacement iron as I had a job interview the next morning, and needed to iron my clothes. I was informed that he would first have to call the hotel manager, as he did not have a key to the closet where the irons were kept, and that the maintenance staff had went home. This was only 2 hours after the check-in time.
An hour later, after not hearing back, I went downstairs to ask again. I was told that the manager had not called him back.

I asked if he could simply exchange my iron for one from one of the many vacant rooms in the hotel. He said he would have to ask the manager, as he did not have the authority to do so.

End of story....I never got a clean iron. Not even the next day. Horrible, Horrible, Horrible service. I will NEVER go back. I would give 0 stars for service if this were an option.

Additionally, the blankets on the bed had many holes .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here for one night while I had an overnight layover at LAX, and this place was more than what I'd expect for the low price. I arrived two hours before check-in, and Travelodge had no problem with me accessing my room early. The room was clean and had plenty of space.
At check-in I was given the wifi code and password, however in my room I could not access the wireless network. The walls were very thin and there was a lot of noise from the room above me.
There were plenty of places to find something to eat within walking distance, and the staff member at reception was helpful in giving me suggestions.
If I ever need to stay near LAX overnight again I would stay here, but not for longer than one night.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We spent the last two nights of our three week trip around California here. We have stayed here in the past so knew what to expect, but since our last stay they have introduced a $5 per night parking fee. I only found out about this from other reviews - there was no mention of it on their website when we booked, although there was a big notice on the desk when we arrived. The room was clean with a fridge and microwave and a reasonable size. There is a computer in reception which allows you to print your boarding cards (no charge), the printer got stuck and the guy on the desk was very helpful in sorting it out for us. We enjoyed our stay and even with the parking charge thought it was good value for the location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at Tavelodge about 2 weeks ago and was picked up by the free shuttle service. Who was a nice short man, name Nalin. As he drove me to the hotel he was answering all my question about the area and took me right to the door of the hotel which was very nice for the price and location. As I was done checking, the driver offered to help with my bags which was above and beyond for a driver to do that. Great service he provide to me and my wife. The rooms was outdated but in VERY GOOD SHAPE. Staff was very helpful and always had a smile. As we departed from the hotel we lucked out and had the same driver. We left something in the van, he came back and brought it to us. I was shocked because you dont see or hear of shuttle drivers being honest. Please let Nalin know and his boss what a good employee they have and so does Travelodge. We will be coming back in 2 months and hope NOTHING has changed.
Kylee and Jasin

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean when we arrived and everyday. Close to the airport. Only problem is the parking. We rarely got a parking spot in the hotel parking lot, other than that we loved this travelodge.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#95 of 355 in Los Angeles
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Been to LAX South Travelodge? Share your experiences!