Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Indianapolis, Indiana
“LAX best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

If your flying to Tahiti from the midwest, consider flying to LA a day early and staying overnight at this hotel. It makes the long flight to Papeete much more tolerable. Now about this hotel, I wasn't expecting too much more than a decent place to stay. Was I wrong!!! This place was fantastic, a beautiful property and everyone we came in contact with from the staff were wonderfully pleasant and cheerful. Jose' the bartender was great, I don't know if he makes the best drinks as he claims but, he sure has a personality that represents the hotel in a most positive manner. I hope he is still there when we return.
The room was outstanding, in fact I even took pictures of it when we arrived I was so impressed. As if I wasn't satisfied enough we awoke the next morning and went downstairs for breakfast. A made to order omelette, loads of bacon and a fantastic atmosphere in the atrium dinning area.
We are even planning a return trip for a long weekend getaway this fall and this hotel is definately in that plan, in fact if the hotel was full when we were planning the trip, I would reschedule the trip for when we could stay here.
Now for the negative.....upon arrival at LAX there was an area for hotel shuttles. Every hotel you could imagine had a shuttle but, none were for our hotel. Finally I called only to find out you have to notify them when you need a ride. I was told that the shuttle would be there in 15 minutes and in less than 10 it was parked in front of us and loading our luggage. For the return the next morning to LAX we asked at the desk and were told that he just left but would be back in 20 minutes or so. As we waited in front of the hotel a member of the staff asked us if we needed a taxi and we said we were waiting on the shuttle. He asked if we were ready to go and within 5 minutes we were loaded on board another shuttle and on the road. Even the bad part of our stay with LAX Embassy Suites South was good and if this is as bad as it gets, this hotel would get a recommendation from me anyday.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IndyJeff57
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
It was great to read your response! Jose is in fact still here and I'm sure his "best drinks" are only getting better. I will pass on your regards to him.
I was especially happy to see that we were able to turn the negatives into positives with the shuttle service and the Front Desk agent putting you in a taxi when you were ready to leave. It's a pleasure to work with such a wonderful and caring staff and I'm happy to see they made an impression.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

I recently stayed here for 4 nights. While it would be a good hotel for a quick stay, I would not recommend for extended stays. The constant humming of airplanes got old after a while and I did not feel rested in the morning, which also could have been from the uncomfortable bed and cheap pillows. The room was always damp with condensation on the sliding glass door. It was so bad that the towels never dried and the papers I had in my purse were even damp. With the dampness, came the smell of no ventilation. The bathroom fan was useless.

We did take full advantage of the wonderful complimentary made-to-order breakfast each morning and I'd probably stay at another Embassy Suites, just for that reason. We could fill up on breakfast and not have to worry about lunch, which of course saved money. The staff at the hotel were friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating.

The hotel has an airport shuttle that runs every half hour during the day, and will also run at night if you call ahead. We did not know this when we arrived at LAX at 10p and paid a $17.50 cab fair to go less than a mile! Make sure to arrange for the shuttle if you have a late arrival! We also rented a Mercedes for 2 days and felt comfortable enough to park on the street in front of the hotel (and avoided the $23/day underground parking fee).

Again, great for a night, but would recommend something a little nicer for those extended stays.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
I'm happy to see you were able to take full advantage of the breakfast and the free street parking and hope you were also able to join us for the managers reception. It's a huge advantage for our guests as Los Angeles can be expensive and almost every hotel in the LAX area charges for parking. All the extras are what drives the cost of a stay in the area up and to be able to have the alternatives for our guests is what makes it worth the trip.

James.Ohl@hilton.com
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past 8 years. I enjoy the fact that one can get a one bedroom/one bathroom suite for about 130.00 during the weekend. The living area has a loveseat with pull out bed, a chair, a table with 2 chairs, end table with lamp and phone as well as a flat screen TV. There is a mini kitchen complete with microwave, fridge (mini), dishes, silverware, cups, sink, cabinet space, and a coffee maker. Last time we stayed, was labor day weekend 2010 when we took our kids to Soak City USA which was a short 35 minute drive. The room had 2 comfy queen size beds (i love comfy hotel beds!), a very nice amoire, dresser, and vanity with sink. The bathroom was a normal hotel bathroom, nothing special. We had a room facing LAX -- which is just across the street -- which made for a noisy night but our boys were so excited about (sort of) being able to see the planes from our small balcony (which im not sure you're supposed to stand on but we did anyway). The entire downstairs area is absolutely beautiful with crystal chandeliers, fountains, koi ponds and plenty of gorgeous foliage. The price of the room includes a hot breakfast buffet, which is really nice when you have 3 picky children. Venice and Santa Monica are only about a 5-10 minute drive from the hotel. It's close to freeways and has lots of free parking if you're okay with parking on the street in front of the hotel, which I always have and have never had an issue.
The staff has always been very helpful and professional.
I highly recommend this hotel to any person wishing to stay in the vicinty of el segundo/LAX.
the decor of the floor ground area is worth the money. very relaxing.
they also have a small store, room service which isn't terribly expensive, and a nice restaraunt with a bar.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm so glad to see your family enjoyed their stay with us. It's a plus that we are centrally located and there are so many things to do within a short drive from the hotel. And being at the end of HWY 105 makes getting around a lot easier.
Please be sure to ask in advance for the dishes and silverware in your room on your next trip as the rooms no longer come equipped with these items.

James.Ohl@hilton.com
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

We stayed at the Embassy Suites the last night before we were leaving. What a mistake! This was the best hotel stay we had on our whole trip. There was a separate room and television for our teenage daughter who was staying with us. The cooked to order breakfast was wonderful and the line wasn't that bad. We had been paying for breakfasts all weeks and this was by far the best value we had. I am cold natured and I didn't like the whole central heating thing, they gave us a space heater but the room was still freezing.

Pros: Location, Airport Shuttle, Two Room Suite, Flat Screen TV's, View of the mountains, ability to park on the street.

Cons: Across the street from LAX (might be too loud for some), a little pricey but worth it, no free wifi.

We have made Embassy Suites hotels our go to location for family vacations in the future. It's worth the extra money.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this review, January 1, 2011
I'm happy to hear you found the complimentary breakfast a great value. The hotel might be a few dollars more expensive than some of our competitors but adding in the free full breakfast each morning and the free drinks in the nightly managers’ reception more than makes up for the difference.
I wish the rest of the vacation was more enjoyable for you but I'm happy we were able to make a difference.

Guest Services Manager
Embassy Suites El Segundo.
Cleveland area, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

we stayed at the Embassy for 3 days, back in August 2010
Our room was on the 4th floor, facing the tarmac.
We really liked this hotel, the pool, the extremely friendly staff, the daily evening reception, and the food quality for breakfast.
But the noise from the tarmac was unbearable! For 3 nights none of us was able to sleep.
Although we love the Embassy concept, I'm not sure I can recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay and our employees performed as they should. Unfortunately we are very close to the south runway and the noise cannot be avoided. My recommendation is to request a room on the back side of the hotel as they the same size but avoid a lot of the noise levels.
Next time you are coming to visit let me know so I can ensure you are in a good quiet room.

El Segundo, CA
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2010

First, there was no shuttle at the airport. I waited for 20-30 minutes and then called the hotel. Then, I waited another 20 minutes.
Second, the hotel did not have heating and it was pretty cold outside. When I asked about heating, they told me they will "turn on central heating in 15 minutes", but they never did. Next day they told me that central air is on "air conditioning mode" and it was 50F outside. When I asked for the space heater, they forgot to bring it. Of course, most of the year this is not the problem, but December can get pretty chili. Other things were pretty ok, but heating and no shuttle were unacceptable.
Considering that convenience was the only reason for me to stay there, this was not very pleasant.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sorry for the confusion on the shuttle services from the airport. Currently our website is the only location that explains that you must contact the hotel for a pickup when you arrive; however we are working on adding this information to the confirmation letter that are emailed to the guests. It typically only takes 10-15 minutes to pick you up but traffic can sometimes delay this process.
Look to your confirmation letters in the future as we hope to have this information updated soon.
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

There may be better hotels, I am quite certain there are worse! We did not get the rooms we had booked but were given better ones. We faced the airport on the 5th floor which was wonderful for us as we love to watch the airplanes. The rooms were always neat and clean-housekeeping staff very courteous. Sebastian at the front desk was a delight and so helpful. The restaurant in the hotel was priced comparably to other restaurants in the area and the free breakfast was better than expected with made to order omelets or pancakes or french toast. Parking at the hotel was not free but I understand you can book a package that includes it for very little more. Parking on the street was easy and a great alternative. We loved this hotel and highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladydi25348
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct that you can purchase packages with the parking included but sometimes the best option is the street parking. It's just as safe as being in the garage and you can't beat free. Even with paying for parking, the free breakfast and free drinks at the managers reception more than make up for the cost.
Again I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
#64 of 348 in Los Angeles
Westside
Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South
Address: 1440 E Imperial Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245-2623
Location: United States > California > El Segundo
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Romantic Hotel in El Segundo
#4 Business Hotel in El Segundo
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South 3.5*
This all-suite LAX Airport Hotel offers 349 newly renovated two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, free evening reception*, and free shuttle service to/from Los Angeles International Airport as well as amenities including an indoor pool, fitness center, and business center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites El Segundo