If your flying to Tahiti from the midwest, consider flying to LA a day early and staying overnight at this hotel. It makes the long flight to Papeete much more tolerable. Now about this hotel, I wasn't expecting too much more than a decent place to stay. Was I wrong!!! This place was fantastic, a beautiful property and everyone we came in contact with from the staff were wonderfully pleasant and cheerful. Jose' the bartender was great, I don't know if he makes the best drinks as he claims but, he sure has a personality that represents the hotel in a most positive manner. I hope he is still there when we return.
The room was outstanding, in fact I even took pictures of it when we arrived I was so impressed. As if I wasn't satisfied enough we awoke the next morning and went downstairs for breakfast. A made to order omelette, loads of bacon and a fantastic atmosphere in the atrium dinning area.
We are even planning a return trip for a long weekend getaway this fall and this hotel is definately in that plan, in fact if the hotel was full when we were planning the trip, I would reschedule the trip for when we could stay here.
Now for the negative.....upon arrival at LAX there was an area for hotel shuttles. Every hotel you could imagine had a shuttle but, none were for our hotel. Finally I called only to find out you have to notify them when you need a ride. I was told that the shuttle would be there in 15 minutes and in less than 10 it was parked in front of us and loading our luggage. For the return the next morning to LAX we asked at the desk and were told that he just left but would be back in 20 minutes or so. As we waited in front of the hotel a member of the staff asked us if we needed a taxi and we said we were waiting on the shuttle. He asked if we were ready to go and within 5 minutes we were loaded on board another shuttle and on the road. Even the bad part of our stay with LAX Embassy Suites South was good and if this is as bad as it gets, this hotel would get a recommendation from me anyday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite LAX Airport Hotel offers 349 newly renovated two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, free evening reception*, and free shuttle service to/from Los Angeles International Airport as well as amenities including an indoor pool, fitness center, and business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites El Segundo
- El Segundo Embassy Suites