“As always, a great stay here”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel still stands out as one of the better midrange options near LAX. Very comfortable and well appointed rooms with very comfy king beds; although don't expect a decent sleep if you have to rely on the sofa bed.......as with every other example in every other hotel, they are decidedly uncomfortable. This is a spacious, inviting and very comfortable hotel with great bars and restaurant and an excellent breakfast room. Street parking is almost non existent so expect to pay if you have a car. 24 hour shuttle is efficient but busy. Not far from the airport but it's surprisingly quiet. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review and thank you for keeping us in mind for your trips to El Segundo. We have some great changes taking place inside the hotel over the next few months that hopefully will keep you excited about coming back. Included in these changes are thicker glass windows that will cut down on the airport noise even more.

James.Ohl@Hilton.com

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I arrive at 10 pm. The temperature outside is 50 degrees, the room is 66 with the AC running. I raise the thermostat to 72. The AC stops but there's no heat. I raise the thermostat to 90; nothing.

I call the desk and he tells me the heat only is on from midnight to 6 am. Regardless of the inside or outside temperature.

It's an attractive facility in a good location managed by idiots.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank NathanD D
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I apologize for the issues with our heating system and for your overall lack of comfort while with us. We want all of our guests to be as comfortable as possible no matter what the temperature outside is. I will bring your comments to our front office manager to ensure the agents are providing the correct information to our guests and to our Director of Engineering to fix the actual heating issue.

Again thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide your feedback. Please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss further.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel room was very stuffy and the pull out sofa bed was very uncomfortable. The complimentary breakfast and evening snacks were very good. The staff was very accommodating just need to fix their coolant system and replace sofa beds.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

I am happy to see the positive comments regarding our team members. They understand that they are the difference between our hotel and the others in the area and have the power to make a good stay great for our guests.

We will work on the ventilation and sofa bed issues in hopes of turning your next visit with us into a great one.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

What a wonderful comfortable and inviting stay. When an event was scheduled nearby I chose Embassy Suite El Segundo Airport South. It is convenient location from airport and not too far from beaches and other events. This Embassy Suites is well maintained from the building and wonderful outside (and inside) landscape to the wonderful wall fresco type paintings with spanish fountains made it feel like a Mexican hacienda! Everything was meticulous clean and comfortable. The lovely pools of Koi fish, plants and turtles brought an extra quaint calmness. Typically I try to get an upper room at an EmbassySuite away from swimming pool. It was quite busy and due to hotel being nearly sold out, I was placed on the 3rd floor (there were 5 floors) near the swimming pool. . My surprise that there was no loud swimming noises and no chlorine smell. I even went for a swim in the large pool and enjoyed the sauna. The swimming area was also clean and quite relaxing. There was also a beautiful wall fresco and a charming outdoor patio area. There were ample towels and the water in both pools was perfect. Despite being right next to LAX, I never heard any airplanes except when I was in the pool area and I was near the open patio french doors. I slept very well in my exceptionally clean room. After my last experience at a hotel in SF, meticulous housekeeping is something that is taken for granted until you experience something poor. Embassy Suites El Segundo Airport South is a first rate hotel. I enjoyed chatting and joking with Darren who picked me up at the airport and then took me upon my return. (they have free shuttle) He wouldn't even let me touch my bags! Darren provided a wonderful welcoming and departing touch from the hotel. Also Jacqueline was very sweet when she checked me in and answered all my questions. She also reminded me about my HiltonHonors number which I completely forgot to give her until she asked. The room is a two room suite with very comfortable couch with desk area and table in the front room along with flatscreen TV and also with refrigerator and a microwave in mini bar area. The bathroom was very clean and presented nicely. The bedroom was also wonderfully comfortable with yet another TV. The bed and pillows and linens very comfortable. My housekeeper, Eva R, was fantastic!!. Not only was my room extremely clean, it felt comfortable. Also Eva R. went running after to find me to deliver my reading glasses. I mistakenly left in the room upon my departure. What a lifesaver! I also ate at the restaurant/bar and ordered a yummy Chicken Caesar Salad along with a luscious apple pie.The service, the presentation and the food was perfect! Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the sleek dark-haired attentive waitress. She was stellar. I also had the made-to-order breakfast in the downstairs area. Loved the jalapeno/cilantro options for the eggs,. sausage very good and the pancakes were yummy. I also noticed that there were many airline pilots eating breakfast, so if they chose this Embassy Suites to have a restful sleep then that speaks for itself! I missed the meet-n-greet both nights however I do recommend the little classy boutique store/souvenir shop which has anything from sunscreen, sweatshirts, boutique jewelry, toothbrushes to little snacks such as a variety of nuts, top ramen, cookies etc. Don't forget to bring your bathing suit!
Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: I would recommend a room towards swimming pool which is on one side of the hotel. The restaurant/bar...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank catalinamarin
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

I am elated to see your amazing review and cannot wait to share this with our team. Darren, Jacqueline and Eve are just a few of the amazing team members we are blessed to have here at the Embassy Suites. We will recognize the three of them at our next employee gathering to make sure the other team members know that the bar has been set high.

Thank you again and we hope you’ll come back to visit soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My poor rating is based on the age & condition of the property - old design, old furniture and beds, old towels - everything was old! The service though was fine and for last minute @ LAX, price was fine. If you are looking for a newer style embassy suites, try elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

I am sorry for the condition of the suite while you were with us. All of our suites underwent a refresh last year so to hear the rooms were not up to standards is concerning. This is something that I will share with our housekeeping team.

I am excited however to see that the bright spot of your visit was our service. We have a great team that works hard to keep our guests happy every day. They will be pleased to see your recognition. Thank you.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

The interer of the hotel is a treat. Open commen area is great to view. The pond with fish, turtles, and ducks is really cool. Plan to spend 15 minutes looking at the wild life 5 feet from you in the hotel. The breakfast is wonderful. The evening meet and great is wonderful also.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am glad you enjoyed the wildlife and garden areas of our atrium. This is something that the Embassy brand is known for and I think adds a very relaxing feel to the hotel. It is also great to see the reaction of the kids when they see it the large fish and the turtles floating around just outside their doors.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The food, when it finally arrived, was cautioned the plates were hot, they were warm at best, but so was the cold slaw and mayonnaise based sides and condiments were also WARM this was almost, 1 and 1/2 hours after ordering. These were clearly held under warming lights for a LONG time. The service is poor at best

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

I am pleased to announce that our restaurant will be under new management starting February 1. We are working very hard to address your concerns and all concerns brought to our attention over the past few months. Our expectations of the team are very high and I am confident that you enjoy the improvements.

I hope you will give us another chance and I hope you will let us know what you think of the changes.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#91 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South

Address: 1440 E Imperial Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245-2623
Location: United States > California > El Segundo
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Romantic Hotel in El Segundo
#4 Business Hotel in El Segundo
Price Range: $166 - $289 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South 3.5*
This all-suite LAX Airport Hotel offers 349 newly renovated two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, free evening reception*, and free shuttle service to/from Los Angeles International Airport as well as amenities including an indoor pool, fitness center, and business center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles International Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites El Segundo