Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX South
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$189
$156
$143
$158
$151
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo(El Segundo)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
$159
$128
$129
$118
1,843 results
All reviewsstreet parkingevening receptionmade to order breakfastmanagers receptionfree happy hournachosindoor poolfree drinksclose to the airportcomplimentary breakfastliving roomper daythe breakfast arealos angelesan airport hotelomeletbusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of Hilton properties, and this one is below average for a Hilton property, but "average" for all hotel brands. The first issue I had was with the airport shuttle. It took more than 45 minutes for the shuttle to show up after I called them (you have to call as their shuttle is on-demand only). Meanwhile the Radisson, Mariott, Hilton, and several other shuttles went by multiple times. For that reason alone, I would not stay at this hotel again when flying into LAX. After we got to the hotel, the first room smelled of smoke even though it was nonsmoking, so we had to change rooms. The next one was fine. The rooms are somewhat dark and older looking. The mattress seemed a little old and sunk in a bit, but I've slept on much worse. The desk staff is helpful, and they do have a free cooked to order breakfast, but we didn't have time to try it out as we had an early flight to catch. The rate seemed high for the hotel, but I guess that is due to being in LA and near LAX.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jo8243
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX South, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

I apologize for the delay on the airport shuttle. We have started running our shuttles continuously during the peak hours in the evenings to help cut down on transit times but it is still a good idea to call when you ready to ensure you get picked up.

We will continue to use the feedback provided to upgrade areas of the hotel in order to make your stays with us more enjoyable. We do not like the word “average” and will continue to change and improve for our guests.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The rooms were too expensive, and smelly - we moved three times because rooms either smelled like smoke or mildew. The front desk staff was not very helpful. The hours to the buffet were not clearly given at check in and we missed it two days of our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am concerned to hear not only that you had to move multiple times while here but that you felt our front desk team was unhelpful. I hope you spoke to one of the managers about your time with us. If not please feel free to contact me so I can investigate the situation and we can discuss a resolution.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is exceptionally clean and beautiful. The staff is amazing. It is also located outside of LAX but is not located under the flight path, so it is super quite. Just be aware that Embassy Suites as a brand - not just this hotel, does not offer free internet.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
GuestServicesLAXES, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX South, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Our location is a blessing with quick access to LAX as well as the safety and quietness of a residential area. We have suites that face LAX for the plane spotters and suites facing away from LAX for those looking for some more privacy. Just beware that those facing the airport fill up quickly so it’s good to book in advance.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

It feels like this hotel should be more expensive tan it is but don't tell them. Really enjoyed the rooms, complimentary breakfast with an omelet bar, all the bacon, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, etc. you can eat. Every evening they had a free cocktail 2 hours with chips, salsa, cheese, etc. Excellent service, from the moment I called to make a reservation to the moment i left, free shuttle service from LAX.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

LAX is full of great choices for hotels and I am glad that you selected us for your stay. With all hotels serving the same basic purpose we know it is the customer service that will make us stand out. With feedback such as yours we will continue to train our team to provide the best service possible.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night, flying out of LAX early the next morning. When we checked in, I had some questions about my requests. I found Sparkle to be very unfriendly and almost abrupt with me, telling me repeatedly that the hotel was very busy, and requests are not guaranteed.....which I knew. I felt like I had no right to even be asking these questions. We are Hilton Honors members, but that didn't even seem to phase her. She really looked miserable (no smiles), like she hated her job and did as little as possible to make you feel welcome. It was obviously just a paycheck to her! I just wanted a quiet room on a high floor, where we could get a good nights sleep, since we had to get up so early the next morning. The other lady, (forget her name) seemed more willing to TRY and accommodate us, but was usually denied by Sparkle! Anyway, we were given a suite on the 2nd floor, above the pool. The room was okay, though our son said the sofa bed was not very comfortable. The room was older than I expected....exposed wiring in the bedroom (looked like a light fixture was missing), and the room just seemed dark to me. The nicer lady did call us once we got up to our room to see if everything was okay. At that point, we just said it was fine.....since Sparkle seemed to be the more senior employee, and she was very unwilling to give us a good room when we checked in, so we didn't dare complain once we got into the room.

We have stayed at the Hilton LAX other times when we are flying out early like this the next day, and we prefer them over this hotel. Next time, we'll stay at the Hilton. It is a much classier place, and the price was about the same. The employees there DO treat you with respect and DO make you feel a lot more welcome....and they SMILE!! The rooms are better, cleaner and more modern there too. Also, this hotel is on the other side of the airport...nothing around it for dining options.....the Hilton has more choices around it, and it seemed to be a safer neighborhood by the Hilton too. This area didn't look too safe....not one I would want to venture out in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I am very concerned to see your comments and hope to be able to gather some additional information from you. To hear such negative comments regarding Sparkle is shocking as she receives more praise and positive feedback from our guests than any other team member at the desk. I would love to discuss further the issues you encountered and correct them.

In terms of our location however I would like to ensure you that we are in a very safe area. El Segundo is one of the safest towns in Los Angeles with a great park system for the kids to play in during the days and a relaxing small town atmosphere.

Again please feel free to contact me if you have a moment to discuss the issues you encountered.