“Great LAX hotel!!”

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed the night before and the night after our 5 day trip to New Orleans. We booked a Stay, Park and Fly package. The rooms were very roomy and nice! Great lobby snacks and drinks, convenient business center too. We had a ground level room both nights that opened up to the nice pool. Conveniently located to to many restaurants. Timely shuttle to and from LAX. We are also Hilton Hhonors members and have stayed at the El Segundo Doubletree in the past. But have to say the rooms were much bigger and pool was way nicer here at Marriott!! Thank you!!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor facing the pool!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Wendi C
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo

Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is a budget range Marriott Hotel, and worth it, particularly if the family consists of older children. The suite was spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and courteous. The coffee maker did not work and it was promptly replaced. It is conveniently located and easily accessible from LAX if you plan to drive.

Room Tip: The rooms by the pool can be noisy, if you fancy a rest.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Spent 2 nights here. The room was very nice and clean. Found hair dryer in the closet. The Paul Mitchell shampoo did not smell good, probably outdated or something but definitely not like I've smelled the same shampoo that you could buy. Check-in was quick, but many of the staff were rude and snobbish. The bar area was like a small coffee shop. Lots of seating, and some gourmet looking food. I saw the Starbucks coffee set up the night we arrived, but when we tried to get coffee in the morning, the machine was out of order. I asked if it would be fixed and was treated very rudely by the man working behind the counter. I stay in lots of nice hotels and have never experienced such rudeness as this one.

Room Tip: The surrounding area was very industrial. A Ralphs and Starbucks was about 2 blocks away, easy walk...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
LAXCA, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear SueDE2012,

Thank you for your feedback regading your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for the service experience you had while staying with us.
I am very disappointed that we did not deliver the service that is the core of what we do. I have personally spoken with my Front Desk, and Bistro Teams to address these issues.
Again, I would like to sincerely apologize for expreience.

Ed

Reviewed July 17, 2014

positives-
Close to LAX (but u do have to call for the shuttle, but they're rather quick).
Very new and updated lobby
Convenient Cafe in lobby, it's not an overpriced restaurant, it's rather quick and it has good coffee.
Nice helpful staff.
Decent parking (it says park at your own risk, but every hotel has to say that), free for guests, additional cost for guests if overnight.
Clean comfy rooms, mine had a balcony...with a view of not much at all, but still balcony is a plus.
TV with local broadcast networks, major news networks, and sports networks, the TV is a larger flat screen.

Negatives-
Mini-fridge has items that require bottle-opener...so unless u brought one with you u have to bring your drink down to the lobby to open it, which is silly.
Air-Con is a bit loud, it woke me up twice at night it's so loud.
The low energy lights in the rooms sometimes flicker for about 30seconds before fully coming on, also they're semi-motion sensing lights, so if u want them to stay on for long periods and you don't move you'll have to wave your arms (except for the light on desk, and next to the bed).

Randoms:
Nice ironing board and Iron(I needed one and it was nice that it was a full-sized one).
No built in closet, instead there was a large armor like closet next to the TV.
Large desk if u need to sit down and read.
The Duvet was a sort of sear-sucker which was really comfy.
2 120AC outlets by bed, 2 120AC outlets by desk,
Wifi was moderately speedy but streaming video was restricted slightly unless u pay an extra 4$ a day.

in the lobby there's booths in the cafe with TV's that at one point had working satellite boxes, but now most of them aren't work-able. However, there is a nice living-room-esque place u can sit and watch whatever you want on a larger flat screen with satellite TV + electrical outlets for charging your phone or using your laptop.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank QuietAmerican1
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Our fault entirely resulted in us booking the wrong courtyard Marriott at LAX! The shuttle bus arrived...though we weren't advised that we would have to call them to pick us up so lucky we did as waiting with three kids in the hotel bus pick up area was pretty busy and nuts in the centre of the road. Our driver was helpful yet continued to complain about several drivers on the road during our journey...not a great first impression or welcome to a city...Check in was disappointing where despite their being a breakfast option on the website we were advised there was no breakfast included....we were then given no information about breakfast at the hotel. Room was ok and catered for us however there was no linen for the sofa bed and not enough towels for our family. An ok stay if looking for a budget option close to airport....

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Rebstar101
LAXCA, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Rebstar101,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for your arrival experience both at the airport and at check-in. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team regarding the missing amenities in your room.

Your feedback is important as we use this to continually improve.

Again, please accept my apologies for your recent stay with us. Please contact me directly if I may be of further service.

Ed

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stayed here one night before leaving on an early flight back to DFW. The room with 2 beds was very spacious and clean - spacious enough for a rollaway (which they brought quickly) and still have room to spare. Shuttle transport was on time, exactly 15 minutes from the last time it left for the airport.

I would suggest that the driver announce what airlines are at each terminal stop - even though he asked which airline we were flying on before leaving, we almost missed our stop because we didn't know which terminal Virgin America was in and he didn't say the name when he stopped. He didn't alert us even though we had told him earlier and just kept driving. Virgin is at the end of terminal 3 and the sign is not visible from where the shuttle stops.

Both printers were broken - the one for boarding passes and the one in their business center area - so I was not able to print our boarding passes the night before. I worked 10 years in hospitality, including two airport hotels, so I would suggest that the front desk think "out of the box" when this kind of thing happens. Maybe offer to print the passes for the guest from their front desk computers or back office computers instead. I did get an apology but further resolution was not offered.

Overall we were very happy with our stay here and will consider it in the future if flying out of LAX.

Room Tip: there is enough space for a rollaway in a room with 2 beds
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

So, I had the fortune of staying at this hotel for just one night, and my experience was FANTASTIC! The room in which I stayed was VERY well appointed and TREMENDOUSLY comfortable! Needless to say, I'll be looking to stay there, again, should my travels take me out that way!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo