“Adequate !”

Cambridge
“Adequate !”
Reviewed November 3, 2008

This hotel was OK.
Clean, decent sized room, breakfast was good.
This hotel was ok the staff did not seem to have embraced the American customer service ethic, although the night porter Stan was superb.
I stayed here on business and had nothing in particular to complain about but nothing to shout about either.

• Liked — Close to where I needed to be.
  • Disliked — No Bar ... Well a fridge !
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York, NY.
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I stayed at the Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo hotel for one night in late June '08.

Arrival: Our flight arrived at LAX at around 9:30pm. I called the Front Desk to have the airport shuttle pick me up, and the van arrived within 10 minutes. The driver was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area.

Check-in: Quick and easy!

Room: As requested, we were given a non-smoking room with two beds. The room was extremely clean. However, our room was located on the ground-level and had a sliding glass door that opened to the courtyard. This was great during the day, but I felt somewhat uncomfortable at night.

Staff: Every encounter I had with the staff was pleasant.

Restaurant: Like at most Courtyard hotels, there is a small cafe that's open for breakfast. Overall, the buffet was fantastic!

Location: El Segundo is a very safe part of Los Angeles County. There is a Ralph's Supermarket and a Starbucks within walking distance.

Overall, I had an excellent one-night stay!

• Liked — Our room was very clean.
  • Disliked — Being on the ground-level made me feel uncomfortable.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Ely,NV
Reviewed June 26, 2008

The Marriott Courtyard-El Segundo/LAX is about five minutes from LAX. The hotel has an airport shuttle, which I found to be very prompt and reliable.

Check-in was quick and easy. The front desk, as noted in other reviews, was extremely helpful and knowledgable about the area.

The room was typical Courtyard fare- clean, comfortable, and safe.

The breakfast buffet was fairly decent. It had scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, fruits, and cereals. Omelets were made-to-order and the best part of the buffet.

The closest dining options are about a ten minute walk from the hotel. There is a supermarket called "Ralphs" that is about a five minute walk.

Checkout was quick and easy. If I ever need an inexpensive place to stay near LAX again, I'll definitely consider this Marriott.

• Liked — Distance to LAX
  • Disliked — Dining Options
  • Stayed June 2008
Irwin PA
Reviewed June 17, 2008

Only needed a room for two nights, what a surprise! Hotel pretty standard, nice room, free parking, clean etc. However the front desk persoonel that we encountered on our two days were fantastic. I have never received such friendly and professional service at any hotel. These people answered evey quuestion we had on how to get places, where to go and so on. Verbal directions were always confirmed via mapa from the computer. Words cannot express how pleased we were, management owes these people aq bonus!! I've tried contacting Marriott to send my compliment but e-mail messages do not get through. I just get a reply of "try again"

• Liked — The front desk staff
  • Disliked — no continental free breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in El Segundo for the 2007 Rose Parade. Staff checked me in at 08:00 in the morning after arriving from Asia. This was great as I was expecting that I would need to leave my bags at the hotel and return later in the day to check in. Pretty much your standard Marriott Courtyard experience. Staff was very pleasant and helpful but if you use a side entrance and don't pass thru the lobby, you won't interact with the staff very often. Restaurant serves breakfast only as is usually the case with Courtyard properties. About a five minute walk to the Mariposa station on the MTA Green Line which was ideal as I didn't rent a car for the three days I was in Los Angeles. Big factor at this hotel is price: if you can get a weekend rate, it's a good deal; the standard mid-week rate is beyond my budget. And if I was looking to spend the mid-week rate, I'd look at a location other than El Segundo.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
Boston, MA
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Our room was fine - clean and what I expected from a Courtyard near LAX. At the Marriott weekend rate of $87. for a double queen, it served us well for a late check in with an early morning flight. The location is not with the hotels closest to LAX, but only a 4 min. ride to the terminals and close enough to be kept awake by airplanes taking off. It is located between the airport and the car rental return locations, which was convenient.

• Liked — near the airport - if you have a flight
  • Disliked — near the airport - if you don't have a flight
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
chicago
Reviewed February 17, 2008

This is a good, clean and quiet hotel. It is near the airport, but you can't hear the airplanes. We stayed for three nights and liked it very much. The hotels looks recently renovated including room furniture and bathroom fixtures and tiles. The staff was nice and helpful. There is free parking and a free airport shuttle. The only problem we had was the bad sound quality of a pay-per-view movie we rented, but after complaining to the front desk they took the charge off of our bill. We are coming back next month and plan on staying here.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
#2 of 13 in El Segundo
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!