“Good stop for a layover” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking+ LAX Shuttle
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in El Segundo
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good stop for a layover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we transited from our international flight to our US flight the next morning. The rooms were clean and standard "Courtyard" issue. The staff were very helpful and checking and out went quickly.

We did wait for over half an hour for the shuttle, which never showed up but when I phoned the hotel, they advised taxi a taxi, which they said they would reimburse. That was beyond what I expected and certainly made a good first impression.

I do wish the restaurant stayed open longer. We arrived after 10 pm tired and hungry and ended up eating from the well-apportioned snack counter.

The next morning the shuttle left promptly and we were on our way.

All in all, we had a pleasant, short stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Trabuco Cyn, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

As others have wrote we elected to stay near LAX the evening before an early morning flight. This property is a short 1.5 miles from the airport with free hotel shuttle. Make sure you make reservations for the shuttle the day prior to leaving. Lobby area warm and inviting. No issues with room or bed. Has mini frig which is nice. Several higher end fast food restaurants within walking distance and grocery store (Ralph's). Only con is internet....works but very, very slow so hard to work on one's business. So in summary, not a bad property to stay in if you need good access to the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms facing their inner court/pool area so not to hear cars on the street
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed here for a night in transit.

The layout of the hotel and the rooms is typical of any courtyard hotel. The staff is very cheerful and greet with a broad smile on their faces. In the last few years, I have found the Courtyards to be very good value-for-money. The rooms just the right size, the bed just the right firmness and the staff ever so helpful.

The location is right, if you want to be near the airport and the free-shuttle service is very convenient. I'd surely stay here again.

Germantown, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and it is a decent value. They have an airport shuttle to LAX, but when I arrived the shuttle was busy and I was told it could take up to 30 minutes for them to get me from the airport. I was instructed to take a taxi so I didn't have to wait so long and they reimbursed me for my taxi expense. I thought that was a very nice touch!

2 Thank Joyce_Gtown
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have been here and the HGI down the street for business on a regular basis, and after just a few trips they recognized me and my colleagues. They go out of their way to know your name and be courteous! They even gave my friend a birthday package that completely made her day.
They are within walking distance to a grocery store and other conveniences. Straight shot to the airport with free parking and an airport shuttle that will transport you on request. Quieter than the HGI which is right next to the light rail.

2 Thank Lbsunshine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

First time to USA , I landed in LA , after read some review and getting advices from friends I decide to rent a car in LA , then after searching I found that LA is vast and between places are far I am looking hotel that have free parking. After staying there , it really true if you are driving in LA then this hotel is prefect ( cheap price, free parking , pretty spacious minimalist room )

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Henry W
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Staff is courteous. Rooms are clean. Best option is to be on a higher floor, facing into courtyard to avoid airport or street noise. I stayed here for work, so it was a convenient option from the airport and the office.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank vico101
LAXCA, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear vico101,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are in a great location near several Fortune 500 companies and convenient to LAX. We appreciate your comments.

Ed
#2 of 11 in El Segundo
4.5 of 5 stars 596 reviews
LAX Area
Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles LAX / Century Blvd

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!