“Easy access to LAX, good amenities” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Trabuco Cyn, California
“Easy access to LAX, good amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

As others have wrote we elected to stay near LAX the evening before an early morning flight. This property is a short 1.5 miles from the airport with free hotel shuttle. Make sure you make reservations for the shuttle the day prior to leaving. Lobby area warm and inviting. No issues with room or bed. Has mini frig which is nice. Several higher end fast food restaurants within walking distance and grocery store (Ralph's). Only con is internet....works but very, very slow so hard to work on one's business. So in summary, not a bad property to stay in if you need good access to the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms facing their inner court/pool area so not to hear cars on the street
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed here for a night in transit.

The layout of the hotel and the rooms is typical of any courtyard hotel. The staff is very cheerful and greet with a broad smile on their faces. In the last few years, I have found the Courtyards to be very good value-for-money. The rooms just the right size, the bed just the right firmness and the staff ever so helpful.

The location is right, if you want to be near the airport and the free-shuttle service is very convenient. I'd surely stay here again.

Germantown, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and it is a decent value. They have an airport shuttle to LAX, but when I arrived the shuttle was busy and I was told it could take up to 30 minutes for them to get me from the airport. I was instructed to take a taxi so I didn't have to wait so long and they reimbursed me for my taxi expense. I thought that was a very nice touch!

2 Thank Joy S
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have been here and the HGI down the street for business on a regular basis, and after just a few trips they recognized me and my colleagues. They go out of their way to know your name and be courteous! They even gave my friend a birthday package that completely made her day.
They are within walking distance to a grocery store and other conveniences. Straight shot to the airport with free parking and an airport shuttle that will transport you on request. Quieter than the HGI which is right next to the light rail.

2 Thank Lbsunshine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

First time to USA , I landed in LA , after read some review and getting advices from friends I decide to rent a car in LA , then after searching I found that LA is vast and between places are far I am looking hotel that have free parking. After staying there , it really true if you are driving in LA then this hotel is prefect ( cheap price, free parking , pretty spacious minimalist room )

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Henry W
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Staff is courteous. Rooms are clean. Best option is to be on a higher floor, facing into courtyard to avoid airport or street noise. I stayed here for work, so it was a convenient option from the airport and the office.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank vico101
LAXCA, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear vico101,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are in a great location near several Fortune 500 companies and convenient to LAX. We appreciate your comments.

Ed
Beaverton, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I traveled to this hotel as part of a business trip to a nearby office. The location was great; within walking distance of my destination. The room was clean and well equipped, though the mattresses were too soft for my taste; my wife would have loved them, though.

Not so impressed with their Bistro restaurant. I ordered their three cheese pizza; for the price, I was expecting something freshly made, but they pulled it out of a freezer and heated it -- about the same taste and quality as you'd get in a freezer pizza from a grocery store for five dollars.

1 Thank rickh57
LAXCA, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear rickh57,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy our new matterss product as well as our Bistro.

I will pass along your feedback regarding our Bistro pizza. We refresh our menu on a quarterly basis and your comments are appreciated.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Ed
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
#2 of 13 in El Segundo
LAX Area
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!