“Nice location to LAX”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Nice location to LAX”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and it is a decent value. They have an airport shuttle to LAX, but when I arrived the shuttle was busy and I was told it could take up to 30 minutes for them to get me from the airport. I was instructed to take a taxi so I didn't have to wait so long and they reimbursed me for my taxi expense. I thought that was a very nice touch!

2 Thank Joy S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have been here and the HGI down the street for business on a regular basis, and after just a few trips they recognized me and my colleagues. They go out of their way to know your name and be courteous! They even gave my friend a birthday package that completely made her day.
They are within walking distance to a grocery store and other conveniences. Straight shot to the airport with free parking and an airport shuttle that will transport you on request. Quieter than the HGI which is right next to the light rail.

2 Thank Lbsunshine
Reviewed June 12, 2014

First time to USA , I landed in LA , after read some review and getting advices from friends I decide to rent a car in LA , then after searching I found that LA is vast and between places are far I am looking hotel that have free parking. After staying there , it really true if you are driving in LA then this hotel is prefect ( cheap price, free parking , pretty spacious minimalist room )

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Henry W
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Staff is courteous. Rooms are clean. Best option is to be on a higher floor, facing into courtyard to avoid airport or street noise. I stayed here for work, so it was a convenient option from the airport and the office.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank vico101
LAXCA, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear vico101,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are in a great location near several Fortune 500 companies and convenient to LAX. We appreciate your comments.

Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I traveled to this hotel as part of a business trip to a nearby office. The location was great; within walking distance of my destination. The room was clean and well equipped, though the mattresses were too soft for my taste; my wife would have loved them, though.

Not so impressed with their Bistro restaurant. I ordered their three cheese pizza; for the price, I was expecting something freshly made, but they pulled it out of a freezer and heated it -- about the same taste and quality as you'd get in a freezer pizza from a grocery store for five dollars.

1 Thank rickh57
LAXCA, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear rickh57,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy our new matterss product as well as our Bistro.

I will pass along your feedback regarding our Bistro pizza. We refresh our menu on a quarterly basis and your comments are appreciated.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Santa Barbara CA
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed here one night prior to flying out. Very comfortable situation. Despite El Segundo address, it is only a short drive to LAX. Booked thru Park and Fly. Price was a few dollars more for room but included 14 days free parking (outside lot). No restaurant on premises but MANY pretty close.

We have stayed at other locations for trips but this is now our favorite.

We were warmly greeted, thiis is a one floor motel also. Parked right by entrance to motel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank topgrjim
LAXCA, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear topgrjim,

Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted that you were able to take advantage of our park and fly package.
We appreciate our feedback and look frward to seeing you again soon.

Regards,

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2014

leaving for home at LAX at 5:33 a.m. decided to stay close to airport overnight. Price was great and 1.6 miles from LAX. Nice lounge and Bar. Pretty lobby and great room in fantastic condition.
Newly designed sign in/out area, very modern.
had a 2:30 a.m. wakeup, which came right on time. desk called a taxi to take us to LAX; taxi on time. bill was under our door at 2:30.
Staff on duty that time of day was alert and ready for our checkout.
Great place to stay at good price.

Room Tip: Away from parking lot. nice view out the front.