“The staff are extraordinaire”

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The staff are most accommodating, friendly and thorough. Highly recommend. Food in the Bistro is very good The hotel is excellent. When I was able to drop my rental car early the hotel shuttle came to the airport within the 10 minutes they committed to. Again, kudos to these people.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I would ditto Sanjay review - Also stayed for the night between flights. Front desk was very helpful and cordial. Room was lovely, overlooking the pool. Arrived very late and was glad the restaurant still served us food. Parking was also included and information requested regarding flights and airport was good - very accurate. Would recommend and stay again. Parking attendents were very nice and overall friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice hotel Only stayed the night and was out early to catch a flight. Check in was smooth. Room was nice and tidy and a good size with a balcony overlooking pool. The shuttle service was great to LAX. I would definitely stay here again if I have an early flight out of LAX and need to stay the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not too far from the elevator as its a big property.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I decided I wanted a restful night after watching the Laker game at staples. Instead of driving all the way home, I stayed here. I have stayed here before and can always guarantee get good rest when stay here. The staff are nice, the beds are clean and comfy. I love the size of the rooms here. I recommend this place for a short stay ;)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I decided I wanted to stay close to the airport my last night here because I didnt want to drive down the 405 in rush hour traffic for an early flight.The This is a nice hotel and a good value. The staff are friendly, rooms are clean and they are pretty modern. The hotel is located very close to the airport and about 2 miles from the rental car places, which is great for early morning flights which was my purpose. It is kind of set in an industrial park of the main highways, which is nice since its away from a lot of the noise (you dont hear the airport or any of the highway noise). I would stay here again if I was going to stay close to the airport. If you stay at Marriotts the rooms are pretty similar, I had a king deluxe, nice size room, with a king bed and a couch and coffee table. Lots of room to spread out. Coffee make in the room, large work desk and flat screen TV all the amenities you need.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Just came home from one night here. I know there are some peeps that have beef with Marriott but I've stayed at several Marriott properties and have yet to experience an issue. This hotel is no exception. To each their own, I guess.

This property is tucked away on a side street, not far from Sepulveda Blvd. The location is prime because it's a win-win. You are close enough to the beach cities and the airport, but far enough away from the noise and traffic. Like I said, win-win. Manhattan, Hermosa, and Redondo Beach are all within 5-7 minutes from this Courtyard. We spent most of our time in MB, so the location was perfect and QUIET. I was pleasantly surprised by the modern look and feel of this hotel. The lobby and bistro area are sleek and very clean - which makes it very welcoming. Check in & check out were a breeze and they were able to accommodate my request for a room on the 2nd floor.

We had a standard king room and it was BIG. I mean, really roomy! There is a comfy sofa in the room (is NOT a pullout) as well as a spacious working desk w/ergonomic chair and a 40" LG flat screen TV. Naturally, there's a linen closet as well as a small dresser and 2 nightstands = plenty of storage. The bed, as with every Marriott, was SUPER comfy and well stocked with awesome pillows. Marriott pillows are the BUSINESS. The bathroom is separate from the sink, which I love. The sink is located in a small walkway that also houses a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. They provide the coffee and cups. Tea would've been nice - but no go.

I had to deduct a star because we had to wait 2 hours for a 2nd floor room. Check in is @ 4 - we arrived after 4:30. If check OUT is a noon, the rooms should be ready. I've experienced this at other non-Marriott hotels so this is really just a matter of planning, in my opinion. Other than that small issue, I can't say enough about this property. The husband & I enjoyed it and we plan on returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a patio or balcony!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissesJai
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The one part of my stay is that it was only for 1 night. This is a great hotel and exceptional value, especially for LA. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean and fairly modern. Definitely the nicest Courtyard I've ever stayed in. The hotel is located very close to the airport which is great for early morning flights or late night arrivals. While set in an industrial park, there are many dining options a short drive a way.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business