“I loved everything about this hotel”

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The staff was super friendly! They were very welcoming as soon as my family and I set foot on the hotel. The buffet breakfast was really good. There's so many places to eat, and it was located in a places with a lot of site seeing. I will def be staying here again

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have just travelled for 6 weeks and this hotel was excellent. Free shuttle to LAX every half hour, driver courteous and helpful. Great location to get to other beaches on public bus. Staff went out of their way to be helpful. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and we bought breakfast there and took it to our room. The bed was to die for! The best hotel bed we slept in! Would definitely stay there again if using LAX as stopover .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Flew from China through LAX to SFO, but missed my connecting flight since the flight was delayed 4.5 hrs due to mechanical reasons so United provided a hotel voucher for me to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott with two meal vouchers.

The receptionist was proactive in checking me in at 11:30pm! Since I was traveling for so long, I wanted to take a shower so I looked for hotel slippers. As I was looking, I tried to open the dresser drawers from the bottom and the right side didn't happen to be drawers! It was a magnetic door that popped at my head to open up as a refrigerator. Bleeding between my eyes, I call an operator to ask for a hotel manager to come. A security manager comes within 5 minutes and asks about the situation. A few minutes later, a hotel manager comes and assess the situation. Acknowledges that the dresser/refrigerator can be misleading, but most likely can't change the furniture of the hotels. So... the hotel manager puts $50 onto my hotel room to compensate for the accident! I get beef chilli with a beer and it was amazing after my shower!

Since I was jetlagged, I woke up for an early morning swim at 6am and hit the gym too. The pool was a good temperature, but the shape was not conducive for laps. The gym had well circulated air (didn't smell like a gym) and had three elliptical, four treadmills, one or two bicycles and weights. There were fruit bowls and orange infused water available complimentary in the gym!!

Then the next morning, realize there was more money on my account, so I had breakfast and tipped the waiter who was extremely generous with the orange juice.

Room Tip: Could use room slippers and they didn't have different types of pillows. Most were too high for...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank stardead
Reviewed October 28, 2013

As usual, another stay at a Courtyard does not disappoint. Though the property needs a little renovation, the employees go out of their way to help the customer and with a smile. Kudos to Enzo and the other employees. Nice room, near the airport and in a quiet area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stan , Leo, and Enzo were delightful. Great customer service from each of them. Beside crazy LAX traffic that's out of everyone's control, close to airport. Might be quicker to pay for a cab to get out of the airport then use the shuttle to get back. Going TO the airport was much easier than getting out. Highly recommended just for for great customer service.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Got held over night at LAX. Got to the hotel at midnight. Tired, grumpy and expecting more lines and frustration. Opposite, staff was super fast, cared, and made the check in fantastic. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Surprisingly there is a beautiful pool area outside. Woke up rested then got well fed and hit a morning swim. I would give five if it was a five star but the service team deserves kudos.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Check in was a breeze. They gave us our special Elite cards, in this particular hotel were a joke. When we arrived to the room we noticed that the carpet in the room was very wet and the room had a very strong smoke scent. Called the front desk they left me on hold for 10 minutes after I told them what was happening in our room. So after the second time I called and they told me to hold, I decided to forget about it. Same night we were woken up by a Fire Alarm and no one from the hotel actually was helping with directions or anything. After we saw that the firemen left we all went back to our room , it was about 4:36 am as I said no one came to help or tell us it was a faulty alarm, we had to kind of figure it out by ourselves. Next day when checking I was greeted with a good morning, how was your night, and when I said, not so good with the fire alarm, the answer from the front desk staff was a laugh and a hey at least it was a false alarm! To me it should have been prevented. Breakfast staff were very nice. Transportation to the airport was good. Pick up from the airport to pick up my car car was fast. t could ave been a nice stay if tey had given us a better room and with out the fire alarm.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family