All reviews front desk century blvd starbucks coffee close to the airport manhattan beach park and fly los angeles only stayed one night rental car an early flight would stay here again next morning grocery store quiet area free shuttle late at night the shuttle driver
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have just travelled for 6 weeks and this hotel was excellent. Free shuttle to LAX every half hour, driver courteous and helpful. Great location to get to other beaches on public bus. Staff went out of their way to be helpful. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and we bought breakfast there and took it to our room. The bed was to die for! The best hotel bed we slept in! Would definitely stay there again if using LAX as stopover .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Flew from China through LAX to SFO, but missed my connecting flight since the flight was delayed 4.5 hrs due to mechanical reasons so United provided a hotel voucher for me to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott with two meal vouchers.

The receptionist was proactive in checking me in at 11:30pm! Since I was traveling for so long, I wanted to take a shower so I looked for hotel slippers. As I was looking, I tried to open the dresser drawers from the bottom and the right side didn't happen to be drawers! It was a magnetic door that popped at my head to open up as a refrigerator. Bleeding between my eyes, I call an operator to ask for a hotel manager to come. A security manager comes within 5 minutes and asks about the situation. A few minutes later, a hotel manager comes and assess the situation. Acknowledges that the dresser/refrigerator can be misleading, but most likely can't change the furniture of the hotels. So... the hotel manager puts $50 onto my hotel room to compensate for the accident! I get beef chilli with a beer and it was amazing after my shower!

Since I was jetlagged, I woke up for an early morning swim at 6am and hit the gym too. The pool was a good temperature, but the shape was not conducive for laps. The gym had well circulated air (didn't smell like a gym) and had three elliptical, four treadmills, one or two bicycles and weights. There were fruit bowls and orange infused water available complimentary in the gym!!

Then the next morning, realize there was more money on my account, so I had breakfast and tipped the waiter who was extremely generous with the orange juice.

Room Tip: Could use room slippers and they didn't have different types of pillows. Most were too high for me.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank stardead
Reviewed October 28, 2013

As usual, another stay at a Courtyard does not disappoint. Though the property needs a little renovation, the employees go out of their way to help the customer and with a smile. Kudos to Enzo and the other employees. Nice room, near the airport and in a quiet area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stan , Leo, and Enzo were delightful. Great customer service from each of them. Beside crazy LAX traffic that's out of everyone's control, close to airport. Might be quicker to pay for a cab to get out of the airport then use the shuttle to get back. Going TO the airport was much easier than getting out. Highly recommended just for for great customer service.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Got held over night at LAX. Got to the hotel at midnight. Tired, grumpy and expecting more lines and frustration. Opposite, staff was super fast, cared, and made the check in fantastic. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Surprisingly there is a beautiful pool area outside. Woke up rested then got well fed and hit a morning swim. I would give five if it was a five star but the service team deserves kudos.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business