All reviewscentury blvdstarbucks coffeeclose to the airportmanhattan beachpark and flyonly stayed one nightlos angelesrental caran early flightwould stay here againnext morningthe hotel is cleangrocery storefree shuttlelate at nightbed was very comfortablefront desk staff
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Room clean, but small. Certainly not my priority upgrade. No wash cloths, so had to request. Housekeeping responded quickly. Concierge pleasant and helpful. Overall stay was pleasant. Long shuttle wait(45 minutes) at airport. Hotel had 3 shuttles running/shared with the Courtyard and all three arrived at the airport at same time instead of being spaced apart and reducing wait. Based on this, felt like I had to give myself 2 1/2 hrs the next morning to catch my flight since it was a holiday weekend. Leaving hotel at 6:00 a.m. meant leaving before restaurant opened.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here 1 night, standard room for $179.

WiFi speed is horrid for a business hotel. Could not stream an HBOGo movie on my laptop at 930pm cause of WiFi speed.

No free breakfast. Pay your $3 for a coffee and $4 for your bagel.

Never used the shuttle. A/C was great, room were clean. They only give you 1 cup of coffee in your room.

This place definitely nickels and dimes the customers. Especially compared to what other hotels in the area do for you.

Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013
LAXCA, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Justinssvc,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the issues that you had with WiFi while you stayed with us. I have contacted our internet provider to investigate and correct this issue.

Your comments are appreciated about our Bistro restaurant. We are constantly working to improve the experience, value and choices.
I have passed along your comments regarding room cleanliness to our room attendant.
Again, thank you for your feedback.
Edward

Reviewed August 22, 2013

With an early morning flight out of LAX during a visit to the upper Mojave Desert, my husband and I spent one night at this very modern Courtyard. I'm a Marriott fan and I know to lower my expectations for a hotel right next to the airport, but this was not my favorite experience. The hotel seemed very stark and very sterile in every aspect - the check in area, the restaurant area which is really just a walk up counter and then carry your food to a table, and the rooms which were not cozy at all. I did really appreciate the shuttle to the airport because we'd turned in our rental car the day before, and the hotel was really easy to access from the highway. However, given that there are a couple of other Marriott hotels near LAX I'll try a different one next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HistoryLover2017
Reviewed August 15, 2013

It is very close to the airport. So there were plenty of noises. There are laundry facility at the hotel and that is useful. But the bath tub clogged up. Yet, the hotel sent people to fix it. I asked to check in early because my mom was sick so we skipped all the sites in the city. The front desk as very nice in getting my room well before check in time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
LAXCA, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear anne b,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the experiecne that you had with the clogged bath tub. I am pleased that our team was able to take care of the issue efficently.
Our team works very hard to accomodate an early check in. I have passed along your kind words of appreciation to our team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerley,

Ed

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family had stayed for overnight between our connecting flights from LAX to Washington, and the free shuttle made it so much easier for us transferring from the airport to the hotel with two young children under the age of three.

As soon as we got there, the staff at the hotel were very efficient and friendly, and when we asked if they have a baby cot to use, they bumped us up to the Concierge level, and brought us a roll-away bed to use, which worked out much better for us.

We had a local friend couple visiting us for the evening, and we couldn't travel far due to car seat restriction with toddlers, so we decided to dine in the hotel, which was a great experience as well.
We didn't go to the steak house in hotel, but instead went to a lovely family restaurant in hotel.
The food was excellent, and service was great. We had such a great time visiting there, I made a note of the hotel and staff, so we could come back to stay there when we need to visit LA next time. Our room was facing the runways, but we didn't even hear a thing until we open the curtains in the room and realise that we were right next to the runways. Fantastic. Even if you are a light sleeper, you wouldn't hear it.

The next morning we had a very early flight to catch, and the check-out was quick, and the two shuttle bus arrived to service a large number of people who needed to go to the airport and we had a very good transition to the airport.

Whether you are a travelling single, or with a family, this hotel is an excellent place to stay one night or more than one night.
Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room or higher level for a great view of the airport, and runways at night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family