All reviewsfront deskcentury blvdstarbucks coffeeclose to the airportmanhattan beachpark and flyonly stayed one nightlos angelesrental caran early flightwould stay here againnext morningthe hotel is cleangrocery storefree shuttlelate at nightthe shuttle driver
Reviewed August 22, 2013

With an early morning flight out of LAX during a visit to the upper Mojave Desert, my husband and I spent one night at this very modern Courtyard. I'm a Marriott fan and I know to lower my expectations for a hotel right next to the airport, but this was not my favorite experience. The hotel seemed very stark and very sterile in every aspect - the check in area, the restaurant area which is really just a walk up counter and then carry your food to a table, and the rooms which were not cozy at all. I did really appreciate the shuttle to the airport because we'd turned in our rental car the day before, and the hotel was really easy to access from the highway. However, given that there are a couple of other Marriott hotels near LAX I'll try a different one next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HistoryLover2017
Reviewed August 15, 2013

It is very close to the airport. So there were plenty of noises. There are laundry facility at the hotel and that is useful. But the bath tub clogged up. Yet, the hotel sent people to fix it. I asked to check in early because my mom was sick so we skipped all the sites in the city. The front desk as very nice in getting my room well before check in time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
LAXCA, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear anne b,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the experiecne that you had with the clogged bath tub. I am pleased that our team was able to take care of the issue efficently.
Our team works very hard to accomodate an early check in. I have passed along your kind words of appreciation to our team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerley,

Ed

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family had stayed for overnight between our connecting flights from LAX to Washington, and the free shuttle made it so much easier for us transferring from the airport to the hotel with two young children under the age of three.

As soon as we got there, the staff at the hotel were very efficient and friendly, and when we asked if they have a baby cot to use, they bumped us up to the Concierge level, and brought us a roll-away bed to use, which worked out much better for us.

We had a local friend couple visiting us for the evening, and we couldn't travel far due to car seat restriction with toddlers, so we decided to dine in the hotel, which was a great experience as well.
We didn't go to the steak house in hotel, but instead went to a lovely family restaurant in hotel.
The food was excellent, and service was great. We had such a great time visiting there, I made a note of the hotel and staff, so we could come back to stay there when we need to visit LA next time. Our room was facing the runways, but we didn't even hear a thing until we open the curtains in the room and realise that we were right next to the runways. Fantastic. Even if you are a light sleeper, you wouldn't hear it.

The next morning we had a very early flight to catch, and the check-out was quick, and the two shuttle bus arrived to service a large number of people who needed to go to the airport and we had a very good transition to the airport.

Whether you are a travelling single, or with a family, this hotel is an excellent place to stay one night or more than one night.
Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room or higher level for a great view of the airport, and runways at night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I only had a short time in this hotel (1 night) but it was great to stay in for my short layover. The airport shuttle service is fantastic and the drivers are friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and very comfortable- I can't tell if its because my last 12 hours were spent on a plane but I swear I slept on a cloud that night. Would definitely recommend for layovers, especially given the affordability.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Manda2053
LAXCA, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We take great pride in our hotel and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic experience at this hotel. The room was quite large, comfortable and affordable. I was most impresses by the dedicated and amiable staff. And there are complementary shuttle busses every 15 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2013

We are proud to hear that you enjoyed our customer service and found our rooms large, clean, comfy and affordable. The staff at the Courtyard El Segundo would like to thank you for staying with us.