“Good Choice If the Price Is Right” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Good Choice If the Price Is Right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

Stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in El Segundo for the 2007 Rose Parade. Staff checked me in at 08:00 in the morning after arriving from Asia. This was great as I was expecting that I would need to leave my bags at the hotel and return later in the day to check in. Pretty much your standard Marriott Courtyard experience. Staff was very pleasant and helpful but if you use a side entrance and don't pass thru the lobby, you won't interact with the staff very often. Restaurant serves breakfast only as is usually the case with Courtyard properties. About a five minute walk to the Mariposa station on the MTA Green Line which was ideal as I didn't rent a car for the three days I was in Los Angeles. Big factor at this hotel is price: if you can get a weekend rate, it's a good deal; the standard mid-week rate is beyond my budget. And if I was looking to spend the mid-week rate, I'd look at a location other than El Segundo.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2008

Our room was fine - clean and what I expected from a Courtyard near LAX. At the Marriott weekend rate of $87. for a double queen, it served us well for a late check in with an early morning flight. The location is not with the hotels closest to LAX, but only a 4 min. ride to the terminals and close enough to be kept awake by airplanes taking off. It is located between the airport and the car rental return locations, which was convenient.

• Liked — near the airport - if you have a flight
  • Disliked — near the airport - if you don't have a flight
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2008

This is a good, clean and quiet hotel. It is near the airport, but you can't hear the airplanes. We stayed for three nights and liked it very much. The hotels looks recently renovated including room furniture and bathroom fixtures and tiles. The staff was nice and helpful. There is free parking and a free airport shuttle. The only problem we had was the bad sound quality of a pay-per-view movie we rented, but after complaining to the front desk they took the charge off of our bill. We are coming back next month and plan on staying here.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Malvern
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2008

We stayed at this hotel following a gruelling flight from the UK.

Following a great welcome and beautiful reception decked out for Christmas, we checked into our ground floor rooms.

The rooms we were in overlooked a courtyard which had a beautiful gazebo in it.

We didnt stay long enough to enjoy the pool and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The gazebo
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
westfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2007

My family and I stayed in this hotel during a very difficult time in our lives. It helped so much to be able to come back to this hotel at the end of some very long days and recharge for the next.
The hotel was convenient and clean. The staff was fantastic.
The atmosphere was uplifting (fireplace going...Christmas plants and holiday decor). Breakfast buffet was good and the price for staying there was very fair. I would recommend it highly.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank isabelm50
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2007

I needed to spend one night near LAX and booked this hotel based on the positive reviews here at TripAdvisor, as well as a lovely stay recently at a newer Courtyard by Marriott.

I was so disappointed! True, the bedding was covered in clean white sheets, and the toilet, sink, and bathroom countertops were thoroughly clean. But the whole place was run down, and the service was awful. The room decor was dated and in need of replacement. Perhaps they are gradually refurbishing rooms and I just happened to get an old one, who knows.

The front desk staff were virtually mute, minimal eye contact, no sense of "we're glad you're here"! (The one shining exception was the friendly guy who drove me to the airport in their shuttle.) No one mentioned there was a charge for the lobby breakfast buffet...until I was almost done eating! No signs anywhere, no mention by the front desk staff when I inquired about breakfast, etc. $10, and it was really nothing more than you would find at any chain motel -- and fully self-service -- a tub of eggs, a tub of bacon, cold cereal, orange juice, etc.

The jacuzzi was under repair; the hallways were dim and worn out; there were stains of unknown origin on the wallpaper in the bathroom, and a thick ring of rust decay around the shower/tub drain. The neighborhood is not a place where women would walk at night.

And all of this for $189/night AAA rate + tax! If you just need a place to crash near LAX, and can afford it, it's OK. It' s just a disappointment for the money, and not up to the standards I associate with Courtyard by Marrriott.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Run down, poor service
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank vallelunga
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2007

Let me tell you what happened. The Marriot Hotel I had booked at was oversold and my room was given away. I was devastated. In turn, the manager gave me a room at the Courtyard Marriott El Segundo near LAX and said it was complimentary! I was happier but had to drive about 10 mins to get to the Courtyard Marriot. Arrived with no problems and checked in promptly. The hotel stay was completely free with free breakfasts. Usually, you have to pay for breakfasts. There is a guest laundromat in the hotel which is so useful!

Loved my stay here!

• Liked — It was a nice family hotel.
  • Disliked — No comment
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Travellerforlife
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
#2 of 13 in El Segundo
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!