WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Brisbane, Australia
“Our LA Stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott LAX/El Segundo for a break in a trip from Brisbane, Australia to Cali, Colombia. We selected the hotel based on the recommendations in Trip Advisor and were not disappointed.

The room was clean and comfortable, but a little jaded. However, the staff were very friendly and helpful.

There was a cosy little snack bar/cafe where we had the most delicious burger!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is a Marriott Courtyard, so it is being graded on being a Marriott Courtyard and not a Four Seasons. I was actually impressed with the food and the size of the room. I have stayed in some "nicer" hotels in L.A. that had much smaller rooms and much worse food at 3 times the price. I found this property to be better than I was expecting, although I will complain that the shuttle going to the rental car place was completely full when it arrived after a 15 minute wait, so I had to take a cab to the rental car place, which was kind of annoying.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank supersnivs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed here for one night (a Sunday night) prior to flying out of LAX on Monday morning early. Our room greatly exceeded expectations; it was large, quiet, and well-appointed with big beds and new, high-quality mattresses. The staff at check-in was friendly and quick. There were several computers next to the front desk for printing out boarding passes! The LA bus even has a stop close by! Unfortunately, we came so late that we didn't have a chance to check out the amenities such as exercise room. On the positive side, we got everything we'd hoped for--a goodnight's sleep in a quiet, pleasant room very close to LAX and seamless mini-bus service right to the airport. This is one of the hotels CLOSEST to LAX--a great benefit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Burgesskpc
trips10110
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very close to airport yet not too noisy.. Pleasantly impressed with room size.. Decent amenities.. However was unhappy about paying 15-25 for parking per night but all hotels around the area do not have free parking either.. Overall a courtyard that does not disappoint..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trips10110
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I went to LA with my family for my vacation for 6 nights. The flight arrived at LAX was 21.30. So we chose the hotel near LAX before moving to others in the area of Orange County. Also, the last day in LA, we went back and stay here before the early flight from LAX to Austin. And yes, this time I found very good comment about this hotel. And I also got the same good experience. Note that I stayed 8 and 15 July.

My criteria is free WIFI and free parking because we rent a car. And for the hotel which has valet parking you need to tip $2 when you are in and $2 when you are out and may have some parking charge too.

The facility is new. I think it was renovated sometime ago. The bed gave me nice sleep.

What I like most is the receptionists which were very helpful and very nice. Helping us for the keeping our luggage at front and also arrange the transportation to LAX. Also, they advice for the check in online to me as well which is very useful.

Breakfast is really great. The best scramble egg, I had. They serve with potato chips. The people at the breakfast were very nice too.

If you want to stay in LAX area, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here for just one night between flights and got everything I wanted: a quiet, comfortable room, trouble-free wifi, free transportation between airport and hotel, a self-service guest laundry (I had been on the road for a while), and a quick meal in the morning. I had to wait a little while for pickup at LAX, but it did not seem excessive. Check-in was quick and friendly, and the room was fine. I was on the ground floor, which I usually try to stay away from, but I heard no noises from either outside or above. I had a light meal at the small cafe near the front desk. It's true that the menu is not extensive, but it was enough for me. The same goes for the breakfast in the morning. It was just fine for me. The cafe staff, both night and morning, were friendly and helpful. A quick check-out, a shuttle to the airport, and I was gone. No hassles, no complaints.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Calgary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Very nice room, unusually helpful and pleasant staff, convenient boarding pass printers.
Negatives were; Lousy self-serve restaurant with little choice, long wait for shuttle pickup at LAX (between 20 and 25 minutes)

Room Tip: Ask for room 600!