“lunch spot”

Salt Creek Grille
Ranked #8 of 160 Restaurants in El Segundo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Think modern Craftsman meets California casual at Salt Creek Grille. If you're looking for relaxed, upscale dining--it's time to experience Salt Creek Grille. The award-winning Salt Creek Grille features mesquite grilled hand-cut steaks, fresh Pacific seafood, tangy barbeque ribs and Zagat Guide's acclaimed "Best Pork Chop on the Planet". Signature salads, hearty pasta dishes, juicy half-pound burgers also accompany the classic menu. An extensive wine list perfectly complements the classic American fare. Enjoy patio dining, live dinner piano or relax by one of our three very unique cozy outdoor fire pits. Our casual, yet sophisticated, "modern retro-style" atmosphere guarantees an enjoyable experience at Salt Creek Grille. Critics agree that Salt Creek Grille is, "A restaurant for all reasons in all seasons." Come experience Salt Creek Grille's hospitality and impressive offerings that are the talk of the South Bay!
Reviewed October 21, 2013

food is very fresh and good quality, menu highlights light, healthy eating.
Price is right, value is exceptional, very appropriate location to take customers for lunch. Service was first rate, never had to look for help.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We celebrated our 25 wedding anniversary dinner here. The food was very nice. We had salmon and steak. The salmon was done perfectly and was very tasty. My husband loved his steak.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect when my friend and I decided on salt Creek Grille as a convenient meeting place for lunch. The place was fairly empty at noon which caused a bit of suspicion. I was taken to a table in the very back of the restaurant near two other diners while the rest of the restaurant remained empty. I asked to be moved to a table closer to the window and our hostess happily complied. My friend arrived shortly after I had been seated and our server, Kyle, informed us he was recently hired and we were his first table! He did a great job serving us and after my friend introduced herself and me to Kyle he greeted us by name for the remainder of our visit.

I ordered the watermelon salad and a bowl of tomato bisque soup which were both delicious although the watermelon pieces could have been cut smaller it was still an attractive dish with the delightful taste. The tomato bisque soup had a very creamy texture with a delicious flavor of tomato and Parmesan cheese.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

So I went to Salt Creek last night. Very nicely decorated restaurant with a very hip atmosphere. Fire pits, lounge seating, etc. Very L.A. Upon first glance at the menu, I was not excited. I am not a very adventurous eater and tend to stick to typical happy hour fare like wings, quesadillas, etc. I opted for the beef sliders and salt and vinegar chips. OMG, this food was so perfectly tasty. Seasoning was spot on! All of my colleagues raved about their food as well. They ordered watermelon salad, goat cheese dip and a suchi dish. All of them were extremely pleased. Our server Justine was prompt and kept our drinks flowing too. Very good experience. I was bummed that they closed just after 9pm. Seems a bit early for a cool restaurant like this.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I went to this restaurant the first time this past Saturday to celebrate my birthday with my sister. We ate in the outdoor area (near koi pond, beautiful statuary and plants. Our table (as others ) was on decomposed granite which was different but really added to the ambience as it was "quietly" walked upon.
They had a varied menu. I had a wonderful Soba Chicken Salad with lots of fresh flavors and herbs. My sister had a Portobello mushroom burger and it was delicious as well and her Sweet Potato fries were nicely cooked. Not greasy.
The one problem we had was that the service was very slow. We had to remind someone that we had not ordered our food (at the time we were the only ones out on the front patio.) The Hostess had taken our drink order and brought it to us and said our waitress would be out momentarily but after 20 minutes, we had to go back and to let them know that no one had come out. After someone day (and she was very nice and efficient), our service was attentive and courteous, albeit a bit slow. It did not matter to us as we had a chance to catch up but if one expected service to be more expedient, they would be disappointed.