“That was nice !”

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Altough italian is the main theme here, the dishes are sometimes away from typical italian fare, like the meatloaf I had. Still the flavors of Italy found their way in the dish. Our party of 3 on a quiet winter tuesday night had a plate of spaghetti primavera which were slightly a bit heavy tomatoe wise to our taste (but were still quite good) and penne arrabiata which had a definite kick. the meatloaf was quite tasty.

overall, a very good experience at a very friendly price.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Typically I could find a better headline. However, my title is my gut reaction. The food is simply delicious. It tastes good, it is prepared with care and precision. The presentation is that of a fine eatery, yet the atmosphere is comfortable and welcoming. My party and I ordered a solid variety ranging from a chicken stew, to a vegetarian selection to ahi tuna. The wines, beverages and desserts were all perfectly designed to complement the menu. Staff were energetic and concerned about our overall experience.

I'm not certain if Chef Hannes is a real person, whether he (she?) works in the kitchen, or if this is just a name/brand. Either way, a restaurant should be able to stand on its food. If that is the case, then this small shotgun restaurant is the equivalent of a culinary skyscraper.

This Food Is Good!

1  Thank Winghop
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We arrived after a long flight hungry, tired and glad to be back in California. I took my lady and daughter downtown to show off the great place that El Segundo is. There was a farmers market going on and after a bit of wandering, we settled on Chef Hannes restaurant. Our server, Amanda, was on top of her game and had us seated, watered and brought out this great potato-garlic-basil spread for us to nosh on while we perused the menu. I had the lamb in pasta, it has a name but I'll be danged if I can remember it...pasta agnello or something like that...whatever it was called, it was fabulous. Daughter had the salmon and my lady had something pork. Service was excellent, parking is free along Main street and the food was fabulous. I have seen some sites that give this place a three or four dollar sign on the price, I would give it a two dollar sign, the food really is not that expensive and at around $70 for the three of us, I thought it was quite reasonable given the level of food and service. We had our leftovers boxed up to enjoy later and left very pleased that we had found such a great place tucked away. They have a couple seats outside, but the cool November air kept us in. Definitely a revisit when back in town.

1  Thank cuttershelper
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Ate lunch at this establishment while on vacation in California. The salmon sandwich was excellent and the service was great. Would like to go back again at some point I future as they feature excellent wine list.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a cute little place on Main Street with a nice, relaxed atmosphere. Everything I've ever had is delicious. They always have really great specials and the food is always fresh and pure tasting. Prices are fair and service is always good! Bread and spread is great too and different from other places!

Great place to go for any need... With family, friends, coworkers, solo, or as a couple!

1  Thank Jackie178