“maybe our favorite restaurant”

Chef Hannes Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 157 Restaurants in El Segundo
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I have been to Chef Hannes many times and never been disappointed. The basic menu is great, and Hannes always has interesting specials.

The restaurant is small and cozy, with an old-world feel. (Hannes is from Austria, but the food is not specific to any particular region.)

Prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank doolang
There are newer reviews for Chef Hannes Restaurant

Reviewed April 28, 2009

I have been to this restaurant a few times. My only complaint is that the bathrooms are dirty. The one time it was really bad and the others so, so. I can never figure out why some of the best retaurrants for food don't clean up the bathrooms.

1  Thank Frances01
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 21, 2008

The South Bay's best kept secret! Home made bread, fresh salads, and outstanding pasta, meat, and fish dishes await you at Chef Hannes. It is small and family owned with excellent service and quiet, white-table cloth ambiance. They also have tables outside for warm days.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 21, 2008

Chef Hannes Restaurant was fabulous! We had a relative staying at an airport hotel for the evening and needed to find a place in the area and I found Chef Hannes on line and I'm so happy that we did.
From the wonderful garlic spread, great wine selection, & huge portions for a fantastic price. The service was very attentive and quick. The vibe was very small town and homey. Its an adorable place and I would totally go again! I completely recommend it!
Kelly F.

1  Thank kellyart
Reviewed January 24, 2008

Chef Hannes is a small restaurant located on Main Street in El Segundo. In addition to tables in the main part of the restaurant, there is an outdoor dining patio and a room downstairs for larger (10 persons or more) groups. I've eaten at Chef Hannes twice, both times for dinner with a group of 7 or 8. The food is wonderfully prepared (particularly the scallops, the Chicken Toscana, and the rib-eye), including the complimentary bread and potato-garlic pate. Service is excellent - friendly, knowledgeable and prompt. The restaurant is also pleasantly quiet, even when crowded - a great change of pace from so many noisy places! I look forward to many return visits to Chef Hannes.