“Would Not Eat at Again”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I stopped by this restaurant for a late night vacation dinner. I was hungry for Mexican food, but this was not authentic. Sort of expected this as we knew it was a chain restaurant.

We sat in the bar area as it was the only place that had an available booth. Steve, our server, was over in a heartbeat and we ordered strawberry margaritas. Though good, the margaritas are pre-made and poured out of a large dispenser. Chips and salsa (delicious) were given to us right after the drinks. Our order was taken, but that was were the service ended. Water we asked for never came. I went to the service stand and fetched our own water. I would have gotten more chips too to enjoy our table side guacamole, but couldn't find where they were located. My shredded beef tacos came out as chicken and the refried beans tasted off. My husband had refried beans as well and his tasted fine. Mine were runny and tasted like tin can.

Steve was more concerned with flirting with the 4 girls seated near us then he was with our service. In fact, it was another waiter who finally refilled our chip basket. When Steve finally came around, he apologized for the quality of the food. He did end up taking my meal off the bill.

Our table had small monitor that showed the menu and had various other options such as games you could purchase to play. We just found it annoying as out of the corner of your eye, you could see this thing flicking thru pictures. Thankfully it wasn't corded and could be turned around to block the screen. The bar TVs were tuned into some sort of court show with no subtitles. For a bar, you expect sports or something you can follow without sound.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'd definately go back. Conveniently located. Nicely decorated.
Floor somewhat hard to walk on if handicapped.
Some things are overly spicy.
Figure you can always add spices, but can't take away.

2  Thank D w
Reviewed February 3, 2013

It is a no brand Chi Chis with very average food (premium fajita steak was way overspiced, total waste of decent meat). The draw for most is likely the margaritas, which are also, surprisingly, very unremarkable. I got the $11 Patron version and was disappointed that it tasted like supermarket mixer (a lot of it) with a splash of tequila.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Only been here for lunch many years ago so didn't know what to expect for dinner. A lot of new places have sprung up on busy Rosecrans, but easily found the familiar Cozymel's just minutes from the movie theater.

The guacamole was prepared fresh at our table and the salsa and chips didn't last long...we were very hungry! Everyone in our group seemed satisfied with their selection, but not excited so. If in the area again, might consider another visit, time will tell.

1  Thank Shimadog
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to enjoy a few drinks and apps. The food was Ok and the drinks a little too sweet. The value was good as it was Happy Hour. Nothing bad but nothing really good either. I would try another place if I want to eat. The drinks were JUST AVERAGE.