“Steaks and steaks”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 155 Restaurants in El Segundo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South Douglas Street
Transit: Bus stop out in front of restaurant/Metrorail
Description: Fleming's El Segundo, CA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are conveniently located in the South Bay, near Manhattan Beach and the LAX airport, off the 405 on Rosecrans Ave.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Steaks and steaks”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

On my last night in LA I went to this restaurant for steak dinner. Didn't make reservation but stil got a good table. My partner had the filet steak while I had the NY strip. Both were very good and tender, almost melt in the mouth. Finished with the choccolate lava cake which took about 20 minutes to make. Prices were higher than average but worth every penny.

• Visited June 2013

Lovettsville, Virginia
“Fantastic Food, loud restaurant, slow service”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have to start off by saying I really like this restaurant. The food, particularly the steaks are really good. I have eaten here about 4 or 5 times before. This time, we had a party of 6, and placed the reservation earlier that afternoon. We arrived just before our reservation time and were seated within 5 minutes. Our server was very nice and explained our dinner options clearly. They offered a special with 2 small bacon wrapped filets and 3 shrimp. 2 or 3 of our folks ordered that special, but when it came out, it had salmon, not shrimp. After our waitress came back, we explained it to her, she apologized and said that the kitchen had just changed the special and did not inform her. They brought out shrimp for the folks who had ordered the special. The rest of the order was fine. The food was spectacular as usual, including meats and vegetables. We went with the berries and chantilly cream for dessert. Others had wanted some carrot cake, but the dessert menu had a calorie count on it and after seeing 1900 calories, decided to avoid that. Overall, I thought the service was fairly slow as we waited some time for both our wine, 2nd bottle of wine, food, dessert and for the check. Also, the restaurant is very loud. You have to shout your order and the waitress/waiter has to shout information to you. I guess having a lot of people in the restaurant is a good problem to have, but I believe they could make some improvements. Both the slow service and noise I would recommend they improve on, and would make this restaurant an excellent instead of very good. It is quite pricey, but the food is worth it. I should mention they have an excellent selection of wine.

• Visited June 2013
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
“I just had a awful experience”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Seldom do I write a bad review. I like to think that I'm smart enough to stay away from bad places. I before I start writing, I see these glowing reviews from happy people.

I did not have that experience.

We came to Flemings for Mother's Day dinner. We had made a reservation through Open Table, they didn't have it... and my confirmation didn't help. We were offered seats on the patio --- or a wait of an hour.

Then it went down hill. The service was terrible. The young man sold my wife on an entree that was "sold out." Our order as a whole was messed up. Items like salads, side dishes were "forgotten." We were offered one round of drinks and never saw a return visit for refills. The promised bread never made it to the table.

The food, all in all was good. But the service was so bad that it ruined the evening. It also created a feeling of irritation and disappointment that took away what was hoped to be a special night out.

Final insult; I paid $360. for this debacle of an evening. That was for three adults and two kids. No alcohol ... and no dessert because we could get anyone to serve it to us.

You want to say "I got a bad server" and dismiss it at that. Reality, it goes farther than that. It goes to bad management, training and supervision. When you are paying this kind of money for a meal, "I'm new, and got slammed" is just not acceptable.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Mike90275
Torrance, California
“Tasty birthday dinner”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at this restaurant on Mar 31st. Online they have a special offer of steak, lobster, side dish, and salad which had to be ordered online when you make reservations. When we arrived we were seated quickly and the restaurant was quite full. Service was excellent, we got bread & drinks and our waiter proceeded to tell us the specials in case we didn't want the steak/lobster meal. The meal was pricey but worth every bite. The filet was melt in your mouth delicious and the lobster was just enough. Next time we will try the desserts that were offered. We will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2013
Dallas
“High Class at High Price”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Excellent appetizers, tasty main courses, delicious desserts, attentive wait staff. Everything you need to take your clients to a nice dinner.

Visited March 2013