“High Class at High Price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 154 Restaurants in El Segundo
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South Douglas Street
Transit: Bus stop out in front of restaurant/Metrorail
Description: Fleming's El Segundo, CA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are conveniently located in the South Bay, near Manhattan Beach and the LAX airport, off the 405 on Rosecrans Ave.
Dallas
“High Class at High Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Excellent appetizers, tasty main courses, delicious desserts, attentive wait staff. Everything you need to take your clients to a nice dinner.

Visited March 2013

Orange County, California
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We held a group dinner in a private room in the back of the restaurant on a Saturday evening. The entire restaurant was booked but we were escorted to a private patio for drinks and hors d'oeuvres prior to sitting down to dinner. The food was amazing. I had requested lobster mashed potatoes be available and there was not one bite left after the meal. The service was excellent. Especially Dell. A fantastic experience.

Visited March 2013
Redondo Beach, California
“Perfect for a Special Occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I don't go out too often. When we do, we enjoy a good meal and are willing to pay for it. Flemings is one if those places that you will get a good meal and you will pay for it. We started the meal with pork bellies that wete absolutely delicious. We both had the special which was salmon with crab and two fillets. The only thing that we did not like was the side of asparagus. They were completely over seasoned and over cooked. The noise level was pretty high so unless you are sitting right next to each other, it is z bit difficult to hear. Overall good experience.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Nothing special....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Dined her last weekend with my husband and father-in-law....here are my thoughts:

The bread...I am a huge fan of bread at steak places because they get the crust just right. Fleming's has a different kind of thing going on with their soft bread and specialty spreads (garlic cream cheese or something similar?). Not my thing but I can see how others would like it.

I don't eat beef so I ordered the scallops instead. They were just okay. For the price ($20+) I was really just not impressed. My husband had the crab cakes (apparently he's suddenly watching his beef intake) and I had a few bites. I was not a fan as they were mushy and on the greasy side. My FIL had a petite filet which he seemed to like. We also had baked potatoes which were giant and delicious.

My husband ordered the Chocolate Molten Cake for dessert. Again, not my thing but he went to town on it. I'd say it was a hit.

Overall, the food didn't knock my socks off but a semi-vegetarian probably shouldn't be eating at a steak house. Service was great, the place was hopping, and the crowd was nice.

I wouldn't return if my FIL didn't love Fleming's so much! But since he does I have a feeling I'll be back...

Visited February 2013
1 Thank ameenadin
Los Angeles, California
“A great disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had heard the name Flemings and thought it might be a good restaurant. When we arrived with our party at six the noise level was unbelievably loud. The noise almost drove us out of the restaurant. Perhaps it is management's job to hire adequate staff, but our waiter was running constantly. . Waiting for our table, we went to the bar. It took us 15 minutes to be served. This was because there was only one bar person taking orders and serving the bar, the rest were serving other customers in the restaurant. At dinner we ordered refills on Chardonnay we had bought at the bar, it never came. We ordered a bottle of wine with dinner, it never came. It literally took us over 2 1/2 hours to eat because of slow service from kitchen and waiter.

• Visited January 2013