“Clean and new but far away”

Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Clean and new but far away”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

What a great deal! This is an excellent hotel that is very clean and new. The free breakfast is surprisingly good. Also, we never heard airplanes overhead despite the location near LAX. The only complaint is it is far from anything that is worth doing in LA, and the hotel has a terrible view. We basically kept the curtains closed the whole time. However, the location is not really that big a deal if you want to go to sights all across LA since you will need to rent a car regardless of where you stay.

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter which room you get if you want a view because they all have equally bad vi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank World_Was_My_Oyster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

5 stars in my book!!!! Need I say more. Everything was great!!!!! Clean, good food, good service, good location, good everything. If you want to be close to West Hollywood, Santa Monica and downtown LA, this is the place to stay. It is worth every penny.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Great lobby that is easy to work in and very comfortable. Rooms are well appointed and the staff are very friendly. Unlike most hotels in the area this is new! Gym is very big and it has an awesome menu in the lobby so you never have to leave.

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here for almost two weeks. The hotel location is far from the tourist attractions and beaches and its a good 15 min walk to the supermarket and some fast food places, there isn't a lot of places to eat around the hotel so you do need to hire a car. With a car it's easy to get to hollywood, venice beach and shopping outlets all between half hour and an hour depending on traffic. The rooms were very clean and modern, the pool area was nice. Only complaints would be that the wifi is not good at all, we could only get it to connect in the bathroom. Also our room kept vibrating, I'm not sure if this was due to the air con but it still vibrated when the air con was turned off, sometimes it was barely noticeable and other times it was enough that things on the desk and sides were rattling, it was quite odd and I mentioned it to the reception but they have no idea what was causing it. The breakfast was good and the lady that serves the breakfast was so friendly and lovely. She was by far the most friendly hotel employee and I notice she has been mentioned in other reviews on here, she is a real asset to the hyatt. We would definitely return.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days, and I loved it. The rooms were very nice and clean, and my kids loved the pool. There service was great the staff was very nice. Kena the kitchen lady was awesome very nice lady and Violette was very nice helped me get directions and get a car rental. Overall it was great I will come back next year.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the past couple of months and was very satisfied. However on this latest visit I arrived at about 9:00 PM and was checked into a room in an area of the hotel where I had not stayed before. I was somewhat surprised when I entered the room as it did not appear to have been cleaned. Although the bed was made, the little things you notice like the folded toilet paper was not done and there was trash in the can. Being late and tired I didn't much care about the little things but when I pulled down the bed cloths the sheets were obviously dirty. One side was full of lint from someone's bedcloths and the other side was full of hair. I immediately collected my things and attempted to call the lobby for fresh bedcloths or a new room. I couldn't find a number at the phone to call the lobby. What's with that? Then I returned to the lobby and was immediately given another room without as much as a question which gave me the impression that the management knew there was a screwup. The next room appeared to be clean and up to the standard I had experienced on previous visits. The jury is out on whether or not I'll stay there again. I may give them another chance but I don't need this kind of issue late at night after a long day of travel.

Room Tip: Check your bed sheets before you settle in.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mikeinintegra
Jacob V, Manager at Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the cleanliness of your guest room. A clean room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a great stay. I am sorry that this was not your experience. You can be confident that I will follow-up on your concerns so that situations like this do not occur in the future. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! When you’re in the LAX area we hope that you can stay with us so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt for 3 days for our vacation to Los Angeles. This is a newer hotel with a modern look and feel. We chose this hotel because it offered free parking, free internet, and free breakfast. There was a good variety to choose from for breakfast and parking was plentiful. The room and hotel were clean and customer service was excellent! The location is great if you have a car and don't expect to stay at the hotel other than to sleep. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to LA!

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
LAX Area
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo? Share your experiences!