Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
Cambria Hotel LAX(El Segundo)(Great Value!)
$198
$127
CambriaHotels
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo(El Segundo)(Great Value!)
$129
$164
$149
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Aloft El Segundo - Los Angeles Airport(El Segundo)(Great Value!)
$129
$169
$144
Orbitz.com
1,124 results
All reviewsfree breakfastclose to the airportorder foodindustrial areayogurtfree shuttlesitting arealax el segundowould stay here againtwo queen bedsfront desk staffrooms were very cleanminute driveshuttle servicelight railhot breakfastsanta monica
Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you've ever tried to catch a flight out of LAX, you know you have to get there early. Whenever I travel to Los Angeles for business in Pasadena, rather than fighting the traffic from Pasadena to LAX to catch an early morning flight, I always stay the night before at an LAX area hotel. After staying at several LAX hotels for this purpose, I can safely say that the Hyatt Place is definitely the best option. Like all of the other hotels, it is close to the airport and has a convenient shuttle, but it is far enough away from all of the noise to allow you to get a good nights sleep.

The beds are awesome - as you would expect from a Hyatt property. The rooms are also new, modern, clean, and spacious. The staff is always welcoming and accommodating, making check in and check out a breeze.

The Hyatt is usually about $20 more a night that the other airport hotels, but it is more than worth the extra money to get a guaranteed good night's sleep and make it to your plan on time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Muller2025
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This is my new favorite hotel at LAX... very close to the airport but far away enough that you dont have to suffer the noise

Only improvement needed was the breakfast. It felt very cheap and unhealthy...everything was processed..the coffee was undrinkable...made me realize I wasn't actually at a classy boutique hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is a great new all suite hotel near Manhattan Beach. The hotel has modern, clean and spacious rooms. There is a gym and pool at the hotel. In addition, the hotel has washers and dryers on the first floor, which makes long trips to LA area easier.
The staff is very helpful. Parking is free.
The food and drink options are very limited, and there are numerous restaurants nearby that are a better choice for dining.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Staying in this hotel is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you gonna get. Good news or Bad news? At one point, I was devastated and the next I was thrilled.

Lets start with the bad news:
1) Make my booking months ahead, called the hotel for late arrival and being assured that our room is guaranteed till 2 am in the morning. However, upon arrival around 11:45pm, we were told the bad news there was no room. We have to go to another hotel! No apology, just the statement, " it's unfortunate we are over booked." No apology, just unfortunate!
2) We booked for 3 nights, and we were told to call early the next day to see if we still can get the remaining 2 nights with the hotel. Wow, what sort of hotel management is this?? What happen to all the advance reservation??
3) We have to haul all our luggages back into the car. The male clerk that attended to us just stand there and watch us without extending any offer to help knowing full well that we were tired from the long drive and late night. Just stand and watch as we struggle with our luggages. Great hospitality ... NOT!
4) The hotel we were told to go was Four Points Airport Los Angeles. A BIG nightmare there! Terrible room. Can go ahead and see all the bad reviews there by other guests that stayed there. Didn't sleep well at all!

Good news:
1) Since, I didn't sleep well at all at Four Points Airport Los Angeles (constantly woken up during the night by annoying thumping foot steps from above floor, voices and baby crying from neighboring rooms due to thin wall, saggy bed and bad cigarette smell from the room), I called first thing in the morning to ensure that I can still get the remaining 2 nights. To my surprise, the lady at the other line knew about our situation and told us that they have the room ready and we will be put in a special room with a surprise in the room. Wow, first good news, hurray!
2) Upon arrival, the lady that check us in was polite and explain to us it was a system glitch in their computer reservation system. Finally, we got a proper explanation that we deserve, unlike the night before. And were told the manager would like to meet us in person to apologize. Wow, ain't that something! Finally, we are being treated right!
3) The room was amazingly clean and VERY NEW. We were very happy and I went to sleep right away while my wife order pizza and were told the pizza is on the house to make up for the trouble that we were put through.
4) Received an apology note on the desk with some treats. Nice ...
5) The following day, we had breakfast and the lady working there was super super nice! I didn't get her name, but she gave such an excellent service! Making our stay so enjoyable.

A bit of bad news, again:
1) The night before check out, we return our rental car to the airport car rental. We requested that we be pick up at the airport. After returning the rental car, we took the airport shuttle provided by the rental car back to the airport. We waited for more than 40 minutes and make SEVERAL calls even though we were assured that it's 15 minutes.
But that is not the problem, we have a small van that come and pick us that we almost missed. The small van was tucked behind another hotel shuttle bus (Yes a bus, not a small van). Had it not been another hotel staff that station there to ensure all their guests boarded their bus, indicated to us that our hotel van was waiting and hidden behind their bus, we would not have known. When we rushed toward our hotel shuttle van, the driver almost drove off without us! That could be another 40 minutes wait! Why can't the driver get off his van and make some announcements looking for his hotel guests?

2) When we boarded the van, we took 2 of the 4 remaining empty seats. There were other hotel guests in the van already. The van went around to other terminal and pick up 3 more guests. Yes, one of the guests did not have a proper seat and had to seat on the floor WITHOUT seatbelt. He didn't want to wait for the next round ... I can imagine the wait he has to go through. A big hotel with a small van to pick its guests ... you can imagine.

Back to the good news:
1) On our check out day, the manager met up with me and extended his apology personally for the first night. I appreciated his sincere gesture. In fact, he waive the first night as free and refunded the $10 parking fees I had to pay in the other hotel. That was very thoughtful of him!
2) The manager even help us with our many luggages without us requesting. Super hospitable!
3) We have booked our departure time and receive a private shuttle bus without any other guests to,the airport. Yes, it was a happy ending ... But my thought wonder what would happen if a few other guests need to depart with us on the same time in that small van ... Would I be the one seating on the floor ... I dare not think. Hahaa.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PJONG
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Hyatt Place LAX. Great froth desk and restaurant staff - friendly, professional and knowledgeable.

Room was spacious, open and comfortable. Bed was superb. DirectTV with a lot of channels. Convenient to the 105 and Sepulveda.

View left a lot to be desired.

My one pet peeve - the AC made a gurgling water sound when it turned off - right next to the bed.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room on the "quiet" side, opposite of Nash Street and the Metro Line.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ric808
Jacob V, General Manager at Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel regarding your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Staff here at the hotel and our new guest rooms that feature DirecTV. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back when you travel to the Los Angeles area.