“Interesting Stay - Growing Pains? - New Hotel Though”

Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was visiting a friend who was on business travel to the LAX area and who decided to stay at the Hyatt Place. The hotel is brand new and in very clean condition, though I would hope so but you'd be surprised on what I've seen in my days of travel. We were some of the first few travelers to stay so the room was in good condition and farely large.

In the middle of the night I had to run out to my car and was greeted by 6 police cars in the parking lot with lights on. I was told there was nothing to worry about but it certainly felt weird walking into a situation that was "under control." As a female traveler I was just happy once I was back in the room. I didn't feel threatened at all, don't get me wrong but just weird.

The front desk team is inexperienced but as it is a new hotel I would imagine they would grow into their positions. They stood very casual and nonchaulant when we arrived but did greet us.

The exterior of the hotel reminded me of a hospital as it is very grey and bare however the interior was more botique which was nice. There is a cafe style seating area just off the front desk which is different.

I would recommend this hotel for 1 or 2 nights based on it being new. Parking is free for most hotels in the area so new is really the only thing that would draw me in.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing away from the train tracks so you get a more open view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lexi R
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I love brand new hotels...

Everything was great with this hotel...from the shuttle pick-up at the airport, to the free breakfast, wifi and parking...an awesome deal.

I didn't use any of the amenities - pool or workout area - but found the common areas inviting and room size (king size, 5th floor) quite good.

Overall a great hotel and super nice staff...I almost never remember the staff but the folks working there really seemed to like their jobs...genuinely friendly and accommodating...

Room Tip: 501 was nice - it was on off Nash so a bit quieter...above the pool...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We arrived one night prior to our flight.
The hotel is located within the LAX airport peremiter, with shuttle services around the clock.
Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable, staff was nice and helpful, and since we had a rental car it was easy to drive anywhere in the city.
Although the hotel is located within LAX territory, you barely can hear airplanes, which is a very good thing.
A great hotel for its value.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Yoni_Blitz
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I decided to try this new hotel before our departure out of LAX the following day. As a loyal Hyatt and Hilton member, we decided to try this new hotel. As with most new hotels, there are always room for improvements.

Starting with the good parts first. This hotel is isolated from outer hotels near LAX, therefore is very quiet. It's about an 8 to 10 minute drive to LAX. The hotel also has a complimentarty shuttle to LAX which can be pre-arranged. The hotel's interior is decorated into a boutique hotel. The hotel has 1 small coffee shop where you can have breakfast, lunch, or dinner there. The other good part for those coming with a private car, the hotel does not charge for overnight parking. Unlike most 4 or 5 star hotels, the parking lot is right by the entrance of the hotel. Guests with many luggages would this very convenient.

The guest room was very nice and well-decorated. Aside from the bed and study table, it also has a living room area with a sofa-bed.

For the parts to comment, the hotel's front office staffs are a bit inexperience and is unable to answer most of the queries. However, this is not a bad point since there is always room for improvements for the staffs. The other cons are that the hotel does not have a vending machine but have only an ice machine. Guests wanting to buy drinks or snacks would have to purchase them from the coffee shop, which is slightly more expensive than what a normal vending machine would charge. The last part to comment is on the door. The room door is very heavy and slams quite loud when it closes. Luckily, during our stay, there were not many guests. If there were many guests, I'm sure the door-slamming sound would definitely wake up the other guests. I have raised this comment to the front office desk during my check out.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Since it's just a 1-month old hotel, the current price is still cheap for a Hyatt hotel. My wife has already requested to stay here again during our next trip to Los Angeles.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Journey_Delight
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Excellent hotel! Definitely worth the money. I searched around and it was even cheaper than the Embassy's suite and other nearby hotels.
Hotel is brand new, very clean, with spacious rooms. It has an L shaped couch, work area, and a large closet. Very modern bathrooms.
The hotel is located 8 minutes from LAX and it has a shuttle.
If staying in town and you have a transportation, I would HIGHLY recommend trying out the "Tin Roof Bistro" www.tinroofbistro.com. It's about 10 minutes from the hotel and it's a great place where locals go.

Please like if you've found helpful :)

Room Tip: I had a room on the 4th floor. Well pleased with it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ezra N
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a gorgeous little find near LAX. The bonus was it was not expensive. The staff was very personable and professional. The room, I had a corner one, was clean and quiet. The bed was a dream to sleepon and the pillows were perfect. When I make a reservation I always ask for foam pillows because I need to feel the firmness under my head not my head sinking down. I had four perfect pillows. The hotel is family friendly which I greatly appreciate when I amnot on business. It was so nice to relax and get a goodnight sleep after traveling all day.

Room Tip: Go above the third floor so you will have a view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Admin77
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We needed one night at LAX before flying out in the morning. In the past we have booked one of the big hotels on the Century Blvd side of the airport, But this time we tried the Hyatt Place, located 2 miles from LAX on the El Segundo side. This is a new hotel, only 5 weeks old, and it is very clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. The room was extremely comfortable and quiet. There was free parking in front, and a full hot breakfast in the morning. The staff is attentive and friendly. I will definitely be choosing this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North

Been to Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo? Share your experiences!