“somewhere to eat”

Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“somewhere to eat”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

easy to find and near hotel. Food was average I guess for ihop, but service could have been better. I was given the wrong order and what i did eat was not to good, but the pancakes were great, I love pancakes.

Visited December 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Cheap Eats, good service at least 90% of the time”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It's an IHOP like any other IHOP. I had truly horrendous service on one or two occasions, and I've had truly outstanding service on many, many occasions. The food is usually pretty average. The breakfast food is always a lot better than any of the lunch or dinner items. If you want to make a safe selection, stick with a breakfast item, such as pancakes or waffles. The chicken tastes like it was pre-cooked and reheated. It would be a lot better if things were cooked to order instead of refrigerated and reheated.

I was there on Friday night, October 12th, 2012, and the guys working were just awesome. Normally I don't review an IHOP, but they were so warm and attentive, I had to make an exception. I was by myself, studying, and ordered light, but they seemed like nice and genuinely caring people.

• Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
“Good food, but uncomfortable patio”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We walked to the IHOP from the Hacienda Hotel and probably should have stayed at the hotel. The food was okay, but nothing special. The place was crowded. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table, and then they placed us in the "patio"--an outdoor area surrounded by tall brick walls with poor air circulation, so it was uncomfortably hot. No air conditioning, which the main building apparently did have. We mentioned the problem to the manager, and he seemed surprised to hear of the problem and not very interested in it. We will probably not return to this place.

Visited October 2012
Haut-Rhin, France
“Average”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Good value. Food was good, and so was the service. They forgot the salad with our food, but then they let us choose a bowl of fresh fruit instead for dessert, no added charges.

Visited October 2012
Laurel, Maryland
“good food”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The food was slow coming out, but it was good. I had the Tuscan chicken sandwich and it was tender and very succulent.

Visited September 2012