All reviews ralph's supermarket rooms are clean first floor airport shuttle starbucks parking seth lax ihop
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Don't stay here. The staff will not go out of their way to help you.

We booked this hotel for our last night in LA because of its proximity to the airport. First, despite being advertised as having Free Parking on Trip Advisor, there is a $15 charge per night to park. (We got this fee waived only after pointing out what Trip Advisor advertised.) When we arrived, despite having booked (through Hotels.com) a double room with two beds, we were told that no double rooms were available, that because we didn't book directly through the hotel website, that the second bed was not guaranteed. (Since when is a bed a "special request"?) The young man at the front desk told us that there was nothing he could do. He offered to compensate us by waiving the parking fee, something we had already been promised anyway. He made no effort to find a solution to the problem until we asked to see the manager. Suddenly, he was then able to give us two separate single rooms at no extra charge. (This was a good solution and would have been better received had it been done proactively.)

My friend and I each requested wake up calls for the next morning. However, the staff failed to make either call!! Wow!! That has NEVER happened to me before at a hotel, and at this hotel, it happened TWICE!!

The rooms themselves were OK, but my refrigerator did not work well; I left a sandwich in there overnight, and the next morning, the inside of the refrigerator felt warm.

The only advantages of the hotel are that it is close to the airport and that has good food right next to it: In N Out Burger, Jersey Mikes, Starbucks and Ralph's market, which is open 24 hours.

A little customer service would go a long way. Unfortunately, the staff here simply does not care about its guests.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Jerry, thanks for choosing us. We offer our sincere apologies for the reservation issue and poor service you received from our associates. We consider your feedback very important, and thus it has been shared with the concerned teams, and we will take the appropriate steps to prevent these issues from happening again. We hope you’ll give us a chance to regain your trust and earn your highest marks in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

This is basically a motel 6 with a kitchen that keeps adding extra charges. There is a charge for parking with no security, charge for pets when there is nothing of any value in the room, including carpeting. The final straw is charging early check in fee for 30 minute early check in. There is a no smoking charge of $250 yet in the 4+ rooms I have stayed in here the room reeks of tobacco smoke so clearly they aren’t using the charge to clean the room. I have stayed here about 6 times over 3 months while I search for a home in Los Amgeles. On weekends there is only one person working and they have to do things all over the property so your wait time could get lengthy if you need something. This is also the most unfriendly staff at the front desk in any of the 10+ ESA hotels I have stayed in. Unfortunately I have thenm booked for the next two nights without refund or I would look elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We were disheartened to read about the problems you experienced, and we hope you will accept our sincerest apology for what transpired. We are taking steps to ensure future guests do not encounter the same issues. We truly hope you will give us another chance to prove that we are committed to providing outstanding accommodations and service. We look forward to having you visit again so we can provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

As a TripAdvisor reviewer, I should have known to pay more attention to reviews. I made the mistake of assuming that LAX-area hotels set up for longer stays were pretty much on the same level, and found that this is not the case!

Our first clue was upon arrival at this property. Okay, there was a sign that said “lobby”... but where was the lobby? Everything was dark - apparently the Extended Stay doesn’t leave the light on for you after hours. My husband finally got out of the car and found a sign that said to call. A light came on, and after-hours agent Glenda came to let us in. Glenda actually proved to be very friendly and helpful, and helped us bring our bags to the room since Extended Stay doesn’t bother to provide luggage carts for their guests. This was not a great start, and we were already exhausted after a long, delayed flight.

Our room was old and tired, with a rackety air-conditioning unit, no charging ports, and a bare kitchen. What??? As it turns out, you have to request kitchen supplies from the office during business hours. There was a little sign promising “a clean, custom kitchen”. What this really meant was 2 each of large and small plates, bowls, cups and silverware arriving in a wet plastic tub, along with a couple of cheap, scratched-up Teflon pans. Oh, by the way... neither of the stove burners worked. I’ve included pictures showing the lack of charging ports, the kitchen supplies and the items I had to buy or make myself that the hotel didn’t provide, including a do-not-disturb sign. Really, guys?

The following morning, one of the housekeepers advised me not to leave used towels outside our room door, or that would be considered “damage” to hotel property. Gee, it would have been nice to have a sign letting guests know that they should leave their towels in the red bin outside!

The whole vibe of this property is not “welcome to our hotel”, but “we’re going to provide as little service as we can get away with, and we don’t trust you not to steal our cheap kitchen stuff”.

The one good thing about this stay was the friendliness and helpfulness of a few of the staff members, including Glenda, Tony and Brandy. However, this is not enough for me to consider returning to this property, since there is a nicer and affordable Marriott Towne Place and a Springhill Suites within about a mile of this hotel. Caveat emptor.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Thank you for being our guest. Although you are happy with the service provided by our staff, we are sorry for not living up to your expectations. It is never our intention to disappoint you, so we apologize for the problems that inconvenienced you. We are working with our staff to make sure we are paying the proper attention to these areas. We hope you will consider us again the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed February 23, 2018

1. How come this woman can be their front desk rep.? Need to be training otherwise they will lose customers for sure.

2. Gave the room with one FULL size bed to my wife and me, are you kidding me???

3. The room is smell and not clean, we got itch for 3 days after checked out.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank 8moreinc
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Moreinc, please accept my sincerest apologies for the cleanliness and service issues you encountered while here. We have shared your concerns with my Housekeeping and front desk teams, and we have taken actions to ensure that we do not repeat these issues in the future. We are reviewing the situation as a training tool to improve our procedures and to ensure this does not happen again. We understand the frustration and truly hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you and your family again when in the area.

Reviewed December 17, 2017

The ladies at the front desk are great, but the accommodations here are very poor if you plan to stay for more than several days. First reason, the wifi is extremely bad. My phone and tablet could never connect to it. I even paid for the upgrade, and there was no improvement. Second reason, the no-smoking rule is very poorly enforced. My neighbor in the next room smoked. He regularly stood in the doorway smoking, and there were cigarette butts on the sidewalk outside his door. I even called it in to report it. They said they would take care of it, but he continued to smoke. The neighbor next to him also smoked. I saw them while they were standing in the hallway. This meant that I had to turn on the AC, which is a horrible waste of power in November & December, but if I left my windows open, my room would smell of cigarette smoke. And the third reason is that the establishment offers breakfast, but in the last 1-2 weeks of the month, they run out of breakfast items (granola bars, oatmeal, muffins) and don't restock their inventory until the next month. Even if you are there first thing in the morning at 6am, they are clean out and only have coffee available. While the people who work here are friendly and I'm grateful that the establishment is pet friendly, I recommend staying somewhere else--especially if it needs to be an extended stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank midspark
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. Please accept our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. We strive to provide an excellent stay to all of our guests, but we obviously let you down. We have shared your comments with our respective team, and we will be using this feedback to ensure that these issues are not repeated. We are truly sorry and hope you will consider giving us a second chance in the future.