“Outstanding Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in El Segundo
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Outstanding Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the El Segundo site for several days while on business. I say pleasure as the customer service I received from the young man at the desk to the hotel manager was outstanding. Minutes after I settled into my room, the telephone rang and it was the desk ensuring I found everything satisfactory with the room. Realizing that I forgot to pack a few toiletry items (shaving cream), I inquired about a local store. The man asked if I used any specific brand. I answered wondering why. He said it would be taken care of for me. Within an hour, there was knock on my door and the manager handed me my favorite shaving cream. He refused payment. He explained it was there way of ensuring customer satisfaction. I enjoyed my stay and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Restaurants are located across the street from hotel making it very easy for dinner.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill T
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hello there,

I stayed at this hotel for the second time and my experience was amazing. The staff treat each of the guests wonderful. The hotel was extremely clean, and very attentive to my needs. I would not recommend staying anywhere else if you are looking for a hotel near the LAX Airport. I am very pleased that I stayed at the hotel and will do so each and everytime I visit the LA area. Way to go!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Montel R
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodgings source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Visiting Los Angeles on vacation, I received a great Priceline rate for Extended Stay America. I am always initally leary when it comes to the hotels that accept my offer, but the location was prime, the rooms were clean and pretty up to date, clean gounds, parking was easy and check in and out was a breeze. I was initially in a room on the first floor, but noticed I was near a high traffic (walking) area. I asked to be moved to a second floor room. The manager was polite and moved me without hesitation. The hotel is just a walk across the parking lot to a grocery store, Starbucks, Quiznos, etc and there are many restaurants and even a cleaners right across the street. I really enjoyed the fact that I was close to the beaches and when I wanted to venture into the city (Los Angeles), the freeway(s) were very close. I am a stickler as it relates to my travel accommodations and i definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank E S
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo . Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodgings source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I paid $89 for a mediocre at best room with zero toiletries, the police coming in with a bullhorn to kick out 2 troublemaking ladies, and the check-in process that was the worst. The location is OK and as I had a difficult time finding a room I thought this would work. But Never again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank 334JimW
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I hope the issue described while checking in won’t keep you from visiting us again. We do take pride in attempting to do our very best to make you as comfortable as possible. Come visit us again soon.
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The rate I got on Priceline was wonderful, but.... I've stayed in Extended Stay hotels before; this property has issues. The Wi-Fi drops on a regular basis on weekends, the housekeeping is far from the best, the bathroom exhaust fan is inadequate, there is an odor coming from the A/C that requires the fan to run constantly. When I turn it off, the room is both stuffy and smelly. The good is access to public transportation: the bus from the airport stops in front, and the Green Line metro is a 10-minute walk down Mariposa. A good grocery store is on the same block, there are places to dine across the street, more places to dine and a pharmacy 5 minutes away by foot. I only give it 2 stars because the housekeeping staff does not dust inside the lamps-lots of dust there, and there is mold in the bathroom; probably due to the bad exhaust fan. The mold is under the tub's soap holder.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank salmanal
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Salmanal - Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I are always looking for ways to improve as a team and the property as a whole; reviews like yours helps us to do so.

I apologize for the issues you experienced while visiting with us. With your review in mind, I have met with the maintenance and housekeeping staff to review proper procedures for cleaning and fixing as well as toured the room you stayed in with them. Our goal is to ensure that a situation like yours does not happen to another guest during their future stay.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. We would love to show your our redoubled efforts so you can enjoy our location which is central to a grocery store, the Green Line and multiple dining options, once more.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Primarily intended for long term stays, e.g., short term housing. Place was dirty and old. Because of the kitchen, it smelled. I didn't feel safe. No shampoo and had to wait 20 minutes until the front desk was available.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank K L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this review, August 23, 2012

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I booked a room for relatives visiting from another country. The location and accomodations were excellent. Near LAX, tours available for pick-up. The premises were newly remodeled clean, quiet and safe. There's a 24 hr grocery next door for added convenience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ykeh
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We take pride in the cleanliness of our property and quiet neighborhood. The 24 hour Ralph’s grocery story has been a great asset to us at Extended Stay America El Segundo. Come visit us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
#2 of 11 in El Segundo
4.5 of 5 stars 750 reviews
No photo provided
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo

Property: Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo
Address: 1910 E Mariposa Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245-3457
Location: United States > California > El Segundo
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in El Segundo
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo 2.5*
Parking Fees: $15/day for stays of 1-6 nights. $5/day for stays of 7+ nights. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Extended Stay, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites El Segundo