All reviews ralph's supermarket rooms are clean first floor airport shuttle starbucks parking seth lax ihop
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hello there,

I stayed at this hotel for the second time and my experience was amazing. The staff treat each of the guests wonderful. The hotel was extremely clean, and very attentive to my needs. I would not recommend staying anywhere else if you are looking for a hotel near the LAX Airport. I am very pleased that I stayed at the hotel and will do so each and everytime I visit the LA area. Way to go!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Montel R
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodgings source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Visiting Los Angeles on vacation, I received a great Priceline rate for Extended Stay America. I am always initally leary when it comes to the hotels that accept my offer, but the location was prime, the rooms were clean and pretty up to date, clean gounds, parking was easy and check in and out was a breeze. I was initially in a room on the first floor, but noticed I was near a high traffic (walking) area. I asked to be moved to a second floor room. The manager was polite and moved me without hesitation. The hotel is just a walk across the parking lot to a grocery store, Starbucks, Quiznos, etc and there are many restaurants and even a cleaners right across the street. I really enjoyed the fact that I was close to the beaches and when I wanted to venture into the city (Los Angeles), the freeway(s) were very close. I am a stickler as it relates to my travel accommodations and i definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank E S
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo . Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodgings source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I paid $89 for a mediocre at best room with zero toiletries, the police coming in with a bullhorn to kick out 2 troublemaking ladies, and the check-in process that was the worst. The location is OK and as I had a difficult time finding a room I thought this would work. But Never again!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 334JimW
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I hope the issue described while checking in won’t keep you from visiting us again. We do take pride in attempting to do our very best to make you as comfortable as possible. Come visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The rate I got on Priceline was wonderful, but.... I've stayed in Extended Stay hotels before; this property has issues. The Wi-Fi drops on a regular basis on weekends, the housekeeping is far from the best, the bathroom exhaust fan is inadequate, there is an odor coming from the A/C that requires the fan to run constantly. When I turn it off, the room is both stuffy and smelly. The good is access to public transportation: the bus from the airport stops in front, and the Green Line metro is a 10-minute walk down Mariposa. A good grocery store is on the same block, there are places to dine across the street, more places to dine and a pharmacy 5 minutes away by foot. I only give it 2 stars because the housekeeping staff does not dust inside the lamps-lots of dust there, and there is mold in the bathroom; probably due to the bad exhaust fan. The mold is under the tub's soap holder.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank salmanal
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Salmanal - Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I are always looking for ways to improve as a team and the property as a whole; reviews like yours helps us to do so.

I apologize for the issues you experienced while visiting with us. With your review in mind, I have met with the maintenance and housekeeping staff to review proper procedures for cleaning and fixing as well as toured the room you stayed in with them. Our goal is to ensure that a situation like yours does not happen to another guest during their future stay.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. We would love to show your our redoubled efforts so you can enjoy our location which is central to a grocery store, the Green Line and multiple dining options, once more.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Primarily intended for long term stays, e.g., short term housing. Place was dirty and old. Because of the kitchen, it smelled. I didn't feel safe. No shampoo and had to wait 20 minutes until the front desk was available.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank K L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport - El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.