“What a breakfast buffet!”

Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
kilkenny
“What a breakfast buffet!”
Reviewed October 29, 2008

Just arrived into LAX after an 11 hour flight from Ireland and all we had to do was call for the shuttle from the Hilton Garden Inn, it arrived pretty promptly and brought us to the hotel, first impressions were good, nice hotel although in a bit of an industrial area but very close to airport. The lobby was sparkling with free cookies on offer and the check in staff very helpful. After a wee snooze went down to front desk to ask about the metro line that ran very close to the hotel, concierge asked us where we'd like to go and I mentioned a beach, he told us that they had a hotel shuttle that could drop us off at the nearest beach - Manhattan Beach and just to give them a call when we wanted to be picked up. What service!!
When we wanted to organise a tour round LA the front desk again were extremely helpful and organised everything. Off to bed and I must say the beds are huge and so comfortable. No outside noise disrupted our sleep.
Although breakfast was not included we opted for the $9.95 breakfast buffet which was extraordinary, the variety and choice of foods was unbelievable and the staff again extremely helpful.
Overall a great experience, one thing to note - we were told at breakfast by a staff member that they served lunch at the hotel but after arriving back from our tour to have some we were informed that they don't serve lunch at all.

• Liked — It's proximity to LAX and it's breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike
3 Thank kktraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Blumenau
Reviewed October 26, 2008

We stayed at HGI El Segundo twice in our California Trip. We loved the service and the courtesy of the staff. Moreover the hotel location is very good.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank nuviBlumenau
SYDNEY
Reviewed October 22, 2008

We needed a hotel room for the day as we stepped off a cruise ship at 10am and were not flying back to Australia till 1030pm . We managed to get a managers special of 85 dollars for the day by calling the hotel directly. We checked in about 11am then caught the shuttle bus to Manhatten beach and had lunch at a restaurant called beaches near the pier the food was great. Found the hotel to be modern and clean and ideal for a stopover near LAX airport. The hotel was only about 5 minutes away from the airport by complimentary shuttle but seemed fairly quiet in the day for sleeping. We would certainly stay at this hotel again if in LAX for either a stopover or short stay.

• Liked — Good value
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Just got back from a weekend in Los Angeles. Drove over from Phoenix to see the ASU/USC football game at the LA Coliseum. I had stayed in El Segundo before, but not at this property and just decided to try something different. VERY clean and new property -- no complaints at all. The big bonus for us was that we could step right out of the hotel and board the Metro "Green Line" light rail system at the Mariposa station that is right there. Didn't want to fight the horrendous (and EXPENSIVE!) parking messes around the LA Coliseum, so did some advance planning on metro.net. Picked up the train right off the parking lot of the Hilton Garden Inn (purchased $5 day passes for the 4 of us right at the station)....transferred to an express bus at the Harbor Freeway and we were dropped off in front of the Coliseum. RIght as we got off the bus, we were greeted with a sign that said "Parking - $60"! That turned out to be a great way to go to the game and back and it eliminated tons of walking -- no fuel cost, or stress of driving, plus our van sat safely in the free parking lot of the Hilton Garden Inn.

This was the first hotel I've stayed in that had flat panel TVs with actual HD programming! Wired and wireless internet service in the room at no charge and no silly passwords to mess with. Kids enjoyed the jacuzzi and well-kept pool area (outdoor) and the breakfast buffet, although not included in the room rate, was very good. Great experience....and highly recommended!

Markham
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I only stay here one night before my flight to LAX. The hotel is right beside the Metro that takes you into the city and they also have a free shuttle to the airport, beach and other locations.

The room was very clean and everything looks new and well maintained. LCD TV and HD channels.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn/LAX (El Segundo) while in LA for a wedding. I picked this hotel based on my familiarity with other Garden Inns, good reviews I found on the internet, its proximity to Santa Monica (wedding location) and its complimentary parking for guests. I was going to be renting a car and wanted to avoid paying the daily parking fees that are common at some of the larger Los Angeles hotels (approximately $12-25 daily!).

I am happy to report that I was extremely pleased with my choice of hotel for this trip. The hotel is minutes from LAX & most of the rental car company offices and about 30 minutes away from Hollywood. The hotel is located in a rather commercial area, yet it is conveniently located close to an entrance ramp to I-105. For those interested, the El Segundo stop of the LA Metro Green Line is right next to the hotel. (I made sure to request a room on the side of the hotel away from the tracks as a traveler had posted a review online mentioning not being able to sleep because she had a room at the hotel right next to the station.) My room faced the pool area and I had no problems with noise...I slept well. My bed was very comfortable.

I was impressed with the hotel's staff from the time I arrived until I left to catch my flight. Everyone from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff to the guy touching up some paint in the hallway was EXTREMELY friendly and courteous.

I am very particular about cleanliness--this hotel did not disappoint: my room was very clean & the hotel common areas were immaculate. The hotel looks new (or renovated) and even SMELLS clean and fresh. No musty odors here!

My "Evolution" room with 2 queen beds came equipped with a large flat-screen TV, internet access, a work desk & ergonomic chair, two phones with voicemail, ironing board, iron (w/ steam), hair blowdryer, microwave, small refrigerator and coffeemaker. You'll find two bags of coffee (regular & decaf), sweeteners (sugar, Equal), Coffee-mate creamer and coffee mugs in your room upon arrival. We ran out of coffee during our stay and the front desk promptly had more sent to our room (no charge).

The hotel's restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Room service is available until 10PM. A small selection of microwaveable meals, snacks and toiletries can be purchased from the Pantry at the front desk 24 hours a day. There is also an independent ATM machine on the 1st floor.

All guest have access to a small fitness room, which is open until 11pm. The hotel also provides all guests with 24 hour access--using their room key card--to a small "Business Center". The Business Center has two PC desktop computers (with Windows/Internet) connected to a printer/copier. I used the center to print out some Google directions and my boarding pass. The Business Center also has a supply of pens, staplers and a paper shreader.

Even though I didn't experience the pool and hot tub (I went to the beach instead!), it looked clean and all the guests that took advantage of it seemed to be enjoying themselves. BTW, the pool is heated and accessible until 11pm.

For all you travelers with a sweet tooth, pass by the front desk in the evening to grab a few of the complimentary cookies. The chocolate-chocolate chip ones I tried were delicious! (They also had regular chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin.)

If you forget any toiletries, need to buy some snacks to keep in your room, or want to grab a quick inexpensive meal, Sepulveda Blvd. is only about 2 minutes away. Heading right on Sepulveda you'll quickly find a Pollo Loco, Carl's Jr., & IHOP (Int'l House of Pancakes). Leaving the hotel and heading left on Sepulveda, you'll find a Ralph's (grocery store), Walgreens, and further down a McDonald's. (There are various eateries and stores on Sepulveda, but I don't recall them all.)

Check-in time is 3pm and check-out is 12 noon, however based on my arrival and departure times I was allowed to check in before 11am in the morning and check-out at 4pm (no charge) since they had room availability. If you need to adjust your check-in/check-out times, just let them know and they will accommodate you, if possible. Also note that they can store your luggage after your check-out time if you are leaving on a late evening or night flight and want to get more sightseeing in without having to lug around all your bags.

All in all, I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn/LAX (El Segundo). I would gladly stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to my most persnickety friends.

Tip: Check Travelocity for lower rates.

• Liked — Cleanliness!
  • Disliked — No complaints.
  • Stayed August 2008
1 Thank CleverSophisticate
Florida
Reviewed August 25, 2008

During our recent stay, we needed a hotel for the last few days of our L.A. visit. We started off the trip with a stay at the nearby Renaissance Montura. I believed the Hilton Garden would be a step down, but the rate was too good to pass up. Well I am here to say, that if I had to do our vacation all over again, I would have opted for the Hilton Garden instead. The hotel was very clean, and we were greeted by a very friendly staff in their nice bright lobby. I also like that they gave us bottles of water and warm cookies. The room was a great size, with nice linens and amenities. After spending money on parking, it was a nice break to have parking for free. While the hotel isn't located on the prettiest of streets (commercial area), the neighborhood isn't scary at all. Driving down Sepulveda Blvd, there are lots of great nearby restaurants and shops. We will surely stay here again!

• Liked — Excellent hotel with a friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing really...
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
LAX Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!