“Great Staff and Service... Sooooo clean and very comfortable !”

Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Really enjoyed my week here. Close to airport and client. Was able to walk to and from office (one mile each way), which eliminated the need to use the tread-mill at end of each day. Upon arrival at LAX I called the hotel and CJ confirmed that the hotel shuttle was on the way to pick me up at the airport. He even took my cell number, in case we got disconnected. WOW !!! From the moment I checked in, I felt welcomed and that the staff truly appreciated my business.

Breakfasts were delicious and I couldn't stop ordering the bacon-cheddar burger on the three nights that I decided to dine in-house at the hotel. It was juicy and nicely seasoned. Trying to be "good" I ordered it with no bun and a side of vegetables. Quite filling and delicious.

The wifi signal was very strong in my room even though I was at the far end of the hotel. All wake-up calls were fulfilled as requested. Housekeeping did a superb job servicing my room. Although close to airport, there is very little, if any, noise. The neighborhood is also safe to walk or jog... morning, noon or night. The lighted soccer field across the street is great for both also.

DO NOT hesitate to stay here. THANKS !!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ssei1
Justin R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Ssei1, Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to complete a review for our property. It is with great pride that we receive your kind and gracious review. Your comments made about our staff are kind and most cordial as well. I can assure you they will be passed on so we may strive to provide the same service to each guest that joins us. I’d also like to thank you additionally for your comments on our restaurant and the healthy meal you enjoyed there. Our values regarding cleanliness and service are strong and we will continue to maintain these values in an effort to provide exceptional accommodations to all. It is truly a pleasure to read reviews such as yours and I sincerely hope you will visit us once again so we may repeat the same excellent service you experienced. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your travel needs!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The proximity of this hotel to the Mariposa light rail station is a huge plus for me due to my commitment to use mass transit whenever possible. The fact that it is also close to LAX makes early-morning departures very easy. I found excellent restaurants on Sepulveda Blvd. within easy walking distance. I have stayed at this hotel three times and will certainly return when I'm back in Los Angeles.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Leland K

Leland k, Thank you very much for dedicating time out of your day to complete a review for our property. It’s always nice to hear that our location and surroundings have created a comfortable and convenient place of rest after your travels. Also, thank you very much for your return visits to us as you mentioned this is your third time staying. I do hope you will take advantage of our Hilton Honors program which is available for travelers such as yourself to gain rewards for nights spent with Hilton properties. For more information on Hilton Honors please just visit hhonors.com. We are sincerely appreciative of your business and will strive to remain in the forefront of your mind when choosing a hotel in the LAX area. Additionally please email justin.rose@hilton.com with any inquiries or requests and I will be more than happy to personally assist. Thank you for your continued loyalty; we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have stayed here six weekends (for grad school) in the past 10 months. The staff is courteous and helpful. The accommodations are very comfortable. Love the beds and linens! We love the granola bars they make from scratch that are put out in the evenings. So yummy! The grounds are well maintained. There are restaurants a couple of blocks away as well as a market (where we often shop while here). We use the microwave and fridge which is so convenient. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kimberly H, It is truly a pleasure to hear we were able to accommodate you during your time here. We are dedicated to creating a comfortable and convenient environment for our guests and hearing that we were able to complete that goal on your previous stay is wonderful. Reviews such as yours are very much appreciated as they help us improve moving forward as well as show us what we are doing right. I will be sure to share your comments with our team here as well. I am glad you enjoyed our HGI Welcome Bars which we bake fresh and place in our lobby each day at five pm. In the event your travels bring you back to the LAX area I truly hope you visit us once again. If any assistance is needed please feel free to contact directly by emailing justin.rose@hilton.com or by calling our front desk as all agents are happy to assist as well. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your travel needs!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Located directly south of LAX the Hilton Garden Inn is located in a rather dull area of El Segundo. However, we found it a perfect hotel to spent out last 2 nights, especially because it's so close to the car rental drop-off location of LAX (only minutes away of the hotel, without Interstates to drive!). Although the surroundings being Dull (with a capital D!) HGI El Segundo managed to brighten up the direct surroundings with lush vegetation surrounding the front-side of the hotel and the small pool.

Although being so close of LAX I had absolutely no noise issues caused by planes as the hotel is not directly in the flight path (east/west or west/east). Only during the night time you might hear the tram/metro that runs closely to the hotel (2 minutes walking) but nothing serious and I believe it stops running during night time.

You definitely need a car to get from A to B, although HGI offers a shuttle to/from the airport. There are some restaurants close in a Mall of El Segundo but you definitely need a car to get there.

Mind you: no AAA rate available and breakfast is not included. We were offered complementary breakfast the second day and although being served on traditional dishes (finally a hotel in this price-class again that does this instead of those silly SILLY paper plates and cups) and having a small selection of cooked to order hot meals (basically: omelets in a couple of variations) it was not very special and should be included in the standard room-rate, in my humble opinion.

Staff was friendly/correct but a bit 'detached' in their attitude. The adjustable beds of HGI: I don't see the value of it. The bed was just ok/very good but I noticed no change in softness after changing it. It just looks like a marketing gimmick to me :)

The cookie was not the standard Hilton cookie but still very nice.

I was in doubt whether to deliver my Hertz rental car on the last (Sunday)night back to LAX and have me transported back to the hotel and back to LAX the next morning by Hotel shuttle but decided not to do this. The trip from hotel to the major rental companies is only 5/10 minutes and avoids the crowded/overloaded interstates. Also, several fuel pumps are to be found directly on this route. And last but not least: the rental company shuttles (at least Hertz') run far more often compared to the hotel's shuttle and take you directly from parking lot to the right terminal in about 10 minutes.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the front, looking over the pool. During night time this combined with the vege...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arjan v
Justin R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Arjan V, Thank you very much for your detailed review of our property. Your comments made about our surrounding area and car rental locations will serve helpful to all that read this review and we truly appreciate the time spent sharing your comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Garden oasis which we take pride in maintaining. Our goal is to create a welcoming, clean, and comfortable environment for each guest that joins us and I am glad that we were able to accomplish that on your recent visit. I would also like to thank you for your attention to detail throughout your review which will serve as great tips to our future potential visitors. Also mentioned in your review was an experience regarding our front desk and I would like to assure you that our team is dedicated to providing each guest with the very best service as well as an upbeat attitude. We will strive to improve ourselves moving forward and spread the light and warmth of hospitality to our guest continually. I truly hope that if your travels bring you to the LAX area once again we may be of service to you. Additionally if any stay requests or inquiries arise please feel free to contact directly via email to justin.rose@hilton.com, and I will be happy to assist. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden In for your travel needs!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The staff was warm and welcoming . Asked for a quiet room and was provided with just that away from the train and elevator. All rooms were non smoking. Room was large and clean. Didn't care for sleep number beds. Wished there had been water in the rooms but they had some available for purchase in the lobby. There is a pool, hot tub and exercise room. Shuttle service to and from airport. They is a fight schedule posted in lobby which we thought was a nice little bonus.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the train side
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Justin R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Cynthia N, Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your recent travel needs. I am very glad that you found our property accommodating during your visit. Your kind comments toward our staff and service and most cordial and appreciated. I will be sure to share those comments with our staff as well. I also would like to thank you for your great description of the amenities we offer. Reviews such as yours are great and I am very thankful you have taken the time out of your schedule to include them in your comments. We will continually strive to commit excellent service to each guest from the moment of walking through our doors to the time of departure. I truly hope we will have the opportunity to serve you once again. If any questions or assistance is needed please feel free to email me directly at justin.rose@hilton.com and I will be more than happy to help. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed at the HGI Segundo night before leaving CA. It was OK but not the best HGI, especially for the money. Bed sagged a bit. Breakfast was OK but I was not allowed a guest on my breakfast coupon. I find this unusual. Service at breakfast was marginal and the waiters were not on their game. The cook was good and saved the meal. Shuttle was on time and professional.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Russ K
Justin R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Russ K, Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo. Your feedback is very important to us. Your positive comments regarding our shuttle and cooks are much appreciated and will be shared with our team members as well.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your less than satisfactory experience regarding some areas of your breakfast and the service you received. I do extend to you my apologies that we fell short in that regard. I will be sure to pass on those deficiencies experienced to our management team so we may improve going forward.

I look forward to showing you what has come to be expected of a hotel bearing the Hilton name and that you will allow us another opportunity should your travel plans bring you to the El Segundo area. Please contact me directly at justin.rose@hilton.com with your future stay details so I may make sure your experience is an excellent one. As a traveler, we know you have many options to choose from while staying around the area and we appreciate your continued loyalty to our property. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any comments or suggestions. Once again, thank you!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This property is an LAX hotel with shuttle service direct to the LAX Terminals. The property is well maintained with excellent beds. In spite of the constant high occupancy rate the property is very well maintained. there is no deferred maintenance.

The staff is excellent and makes decisions quickly and without hesitation.

I suggest this property on your next stay near LAX.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

ABC100000, Thank you very much for dedicating time out of your schedule to provide a survey for our property. Each survey is integral as we grow and move forward by letting us know what we are doing right and which areas we can improve in. I am very glad to see you had an excellent experience with us. Your positive comments regarding our staff and service will be shared with our team members here. I also want sincerely thank you for your recommendation of our property to others who view this site. If our staff, or I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call us directly and we will be more than happy to help. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn!

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
LAX Area
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
#63 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!