“Solid choice near LAX”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Solid choice near LAX”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had a 6:30am return flight out of LAX and wanted to stay near the airport for convenience in the early morning. There are 3 reasons we chose this hotel over other hotels near LAX: excellent price, tripadvisor reviews, and their airport shuttle service. We wanted to turn in our rental car as soon as we checked into the Hilton Garden Inn so we wouldn't have to do that when we got up at 4:30am the next morning. My husband drove the rental car to Avis then the hotel shuttle brought him back to the hotel. It wasn't a really quick process, but it worked. The next morning we took the hotel shuttle to the airport. Easy. The shuttle was a nice feature that we didn't see offered at comparable hotels near the airport.

We didn't experience much about the hotel other than the front desk staff and the room since we were only there a total of about 6-7 hours. The front desk staff was efficient and helpful and the room was decent, clean, good sized. King bed was comfortable. Bathroom was fine, too, although I did find a couple hairs stuck to the shower wall and soap dish. On the flip side, the water pressure out of the showerhead was wonderful!

All in all, this hotel is great for its intended purpose - staying near LAX. We'd book it again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Justin R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Mes09, Thank you very much for taking a moment out your schedule to complete a review on our property. I am very glad you enjoyed your time with us, however short it may have been. I also made note of the process you took to turn in your rental car. I would like to share with you that our shuttle service will pick up at all LAX Rental car agencies and just requires a call to our front desk from your chosen agency. This will save you time on your next trip to the area. I sincerely do hope you choose to return to us the next time your travels bring you to the LAX area. Please feel free to reach out to me via email at justin.rose@hilton.com and I will be happy to assist. Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn LAX/ El Segundo!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Hilton Garden Inn LAX was our first port of call on our first trip to the US and was perfect for our needs. Nice and close to the airport but also a short taxi ride to Manhattan beach, we loved the location for this specific leg of our journey as it was quiet, relaxed and safe but not completely isolated. The room itself was spacious, comfortable and clean, and the bed sufficiently comfortable. The front desk staff were excellent: most helpful and courteous. We were particularly gratified when we turned up many hours before check in thanks to oddly swift entry through LAX and were courteously and without question supplied with a room (and bed) which was just heaven after 14+ hours travelling. The presence of the onsite gym (whilst basic) was an added highlight.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Justin R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Phibbsey, Thank you very much for taking a moment to complete a review for our property. I am glad you found the process of arrival smooth and convenient. It is great to hear you were able to visit the Manhattan Beach area as well as enjoy the quiet relaxation a traveler such as yourself deserves.

We strive to create a wonderful environment for our guest from the moment they walk through or doors to the final time of departure. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to our staff so we can continue to give the utmost service you expect from any hotel bearing the Hilton Brand name. If any travel assistance is ever needed please feel free to reach out to our property directly and one of our team members will be happy to help. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn LAX/ El Segundo as your travel destination!
Malaysia
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Chose this location due to price point and location. I am familiar with this area as Doubletree is nearby. I have stayed at Doubletree a few times and it is fine.
However this property surprise me with how proper and clean looking and fresh things are. So even for a short stay I was happy. In room amenities are standard. Mini bar is not stocked and there is a nice coffee machine. Wireless is included and complimentary. Speed is reasonable. Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/838809165

Saw that there is a gym but did not have time to us it.

Airport shuttle is complimentary but if you are coming in to LAX you need to call them to pick you up. It leaves the hotel on the hour.

Saw that there is

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
YongFC, Thank you for dedicating valuable time out of your day to complete a survey for our property. I will be sure to pass on your review and its contents to our team members here. I am glad that we have become a great option for your travels to the LAX area. It is always a pleasure to hear that we have been able to create a wonderful environment for you to visit and relax. I am also glad that you found our wireless complimentary internet acceptable during your time here. On your next visit I truly hope you are able to use our guest fitness center as well as our outdoor heated swimming area.

If any assistance is needed please feel free to contact our proeprty directly and we will be more than happy to assist. In closing, I would like to express sincere thanks for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn LAX/ El Segundo for your travel needs!
dallas, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Hilton Garden Inn staff and facilities provide valuable stay experiences for me. I am a Hilton Honor member for many many years. I will continue to reserve my business and personal travels with Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Vinh V., Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to provide a positive review for our property. I will be sure to share your comments with our team here so we may continue to provide excellent service you expect from any hotel bearing the Hilton brand name. Your Hilton Honors membership is most appreciated due to the fact that our HHONORS Members make up to more than forty percent of our business per year. Your loyalty to Hilton and its family of hotels is duly noted and extremely appreciated. I am glad to hear we have become your go to property when ever your travels bring you to the LAX area. I would be more than happy to assist you with your travel requirements moving forward. Please feel free at any time to reach out to me via email at justin.rose@hilton.com and I will reply to you within one business day. Thanks once again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your travel needs. I wish you the very best and look forward to having you on property again soon!
New York, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were going to stay at another hotel but the reviews on this hotel were positive and pretty spot on once we got there. Really appreciate the complimentary parking and Wi-Fi access. Not a bad commute to the downtown LA area if you have a car as well. We'll definitely keep this hotel in mind when visiting LA again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kareem K., Thank you very much for filling out a survey for our property. Every survey is reviewed by our management team and used to see what we are doing right as well as how we can continue to improve. It is wonderful to hear that your time with us was enjoyable. We make it a standard to offer complimentary Wi-Fi access to each one of our guests and I am glad you were able to use it during your time with us. In addition to the standard high speed and complimentary internet; we are also offering a premium connection which does offer lightning fast speeds and very strong connections. This connection can easily support multi-screen video conferencing and large compressed file downloads.

In closing, I sincerely thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo for your travel needs. We will look forward to your return trip to us. If our team can be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact us directly and we will be more than happy to help!
Dallas
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Chose this hotel because it was near rail station, has airport shuttle and it got good reviews. The station is across the parking lot, and we got everywhere we needed on public transportation. Clean and quiet room. Did not get breakfast, but used the refrigerator and microwave to make our own. The in-room Keurig made better coffee than was available downstairs. Great resource for my next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Rselavy, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide a review for our property. Your review is most appreciated and your positive comments will be passed on to our team so we can continue to provide excellent service to our guests.

I am glad you enjoyed your in-room personal Kuerig coffee maker. We work to stay at the forefront of in-room technology so our guests may enjoy themselves to the fullest. Our unique location offers many different options for transportation and I am pleased you were able to take advantage of the public transportation in our immeadiate area.

We will continue to strive to provide the very best amenities and service to each of our guests. We look forward to your return trip to us, so we may repeat the excellent service you experienced. If any assistance is needed regarding your upcoming stay or just general inquiry; please do not hesitate to contact our property directly as we will be more than happy to assist. Thanks for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn LAX/ El Segundo!
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel did not fail and lived up to expectations and reviews.

We arrived early and was greeted with a warm checkin. Our room was available early which is always an added bonus! Breakfast was included in our rate and I mentioned that we were leaving early on the Monday and the receptionist said you can take breakfast now if we wanted which was a great gesture and use our vouchers!

The hotel location was ideal as we dropped off our RV and just took the metro line to outside the hotel.
Great location for a hotel and we took an all day tour of LA and they will pick up you up from this hotel. ( VIP tours)

The room was comfortable and clean. Great business centre for printing flight tickets etc
Good free WIFI a must otherwise we no longer stay at any hotel that does not offer this.

Having been out all day we decided to eat at the hotel , the food was freshly cooked for us and very tasty. Great value also as we find many hotel food is just priced at stupid prices.

Tea, coffee and water available all day and cookie/snack late afternoon.

Made use of the lovely little pool and jacuzzi. Hard to believe we were in LA as was lovely and quiet and surrounded by lovely well kept gardens.

Would I use again, most certainly. Thank you for a great stay please pass on to your team.

• Stayed April 2014
JA/IRBolton, Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us on your recent stay. I also would like to thank you for the details you provided regarding the great things to do on our property and the surrounding area. Reviews such as yours help us to attract more guests to our property as well as to help us make necessary improvements as we move forward. Your comments are most cordial and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team members.

We pride ourselves on our garden oasis and pool area being well maintained; I am very glad that you enjoyed the time spent there. It is also wonderful to hear that you were able to take advantage of our breakfast and dinner service at the Garden Grille.

It has and will continue to be our goal to provide a wonderful stay from start to finish. I am glad that we were able to accomplish that on your recent stay. We look forward to your return visit to us and I wish you the very best day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
LAX Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!