“Hilton Garden Inn LAX”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hilton Garden Inn LAX”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in early June. I arrived at LAX on a Saturday evening and called the hotel to have the shuttle driver pick me up. The shuttle driver was there within fifteen minutes. The ride to the hotel was about ten minutes.

The hotel was very clean and the front desk staff were very nice. There is a lobby with fireplace and lots of seating. There is also a hotel restaurant/bar. I ate dinner and had drinks in the hotel restaurant the first night that I arrived. The restaurant was not busy. The service was good and the food was good. The menu is not extensive, but it was sufficient. Breakfast is served buffet style. Eggs are cooked however you order them (omelet, scrambled, etc.). There was a good variety of foods. There is fruit, yogurt, bacon, pastries, and many more items. A variety of juices, coffee, and tea are available. I believe that the cost of breakfast is about $12 unless you have a free breakfast certificate.

I stayed in an upgraded King room. There was a flat screen TV, sitting area, mini fridge and microwave. There was a coffee maker with coffee in the room. The bathroom was modern and clean but small. There was a shower with partial glass enclosure. The toilet was like those seen in European hotels (two different flush buttons).

I requested to be dropped off and picked up at Manhattan Beach. I was the only guest being transported so there was no problem with waiting. The shuttle driver was great about telling me different things about the area as he transported me. The shuttle drivers mainly pickup/drop-off at LAX, but they will accommodate requests to be transported to nearby restaurants, stores, beach, etc.

Overall, this hotel is great for a short stay near Manhattan beach or for a long layover at LAX. The staff are great and very helpful. It is far from Hollywood and other tourist sights if you do not have a car. You could use public transportation, but it would require about an hour of time of more each way.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rngonetraveling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The staff could not have been any more helpful or pleasant. The shuttle experience was excellent. The front desk was very nice and helpful. The hotel is clean and tidy.
My only complaint is that the sleeper sofa was lumpy and the king bed had a hole in it.

Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Love the gardens in the LA concrete. Friendly service, comfortable bed. Really enjoyed our stay here. Easy parking - so much better then LAX Hilton. If you are driving this is the place to stay near LAX

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BrisbaneNewDad
Dallas, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2013

A+++ - Great friendly staff, free airport shuttle, complimentary rides to the grocery store, pharmacy, beach, great breakfast, great business center, safe location, free parking, internet in the rooms, quiet, good value, nice rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Lisa F
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very nice place to stay. The internet room with printer was exceptional. I was able to print out my meeting documents and boarding pass. I was only there one night, but found everything that I need. My room was nicely laid out, clean, comfortable, and the TV menu was easy to use. Check out was quick. The only problem I came across was with the whirlpool spa. The water level was too low which made it unusable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Parkland, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I recently visited our kids in the Los Angeles area and stayed at this hotel for six nights. What a pleasant experience! Our 2 year old grandson stayed over with us one night and we used the hot tub and heated pool. In room dining was fast and the food was delicious and very reasonable. We forgot to take the Privacy sign off our door one day; and when we returned to our room that night at 8:00 pm we discovered our room had not been cleaned. We called housekeeping and they came up immediately and took care of it for us. Our room was immaculate and the king size bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on! After comparing prices with other hotels in the area, and the free parking offer, we were glad we chose this hotel and will definitely stay here for our next visit.

Franklin, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We came in for a quick trip and really enjoyed this shining example of the Hilton brand. The proximity to all parts of LA made is a great place to stay - saw the pier, the city, and of course the stars.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
#2 of 13 in El Segundo
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#82 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!