“Perfect for a stopover”

Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights after flying from Australia. Even though we arrived well before check-in time, they got us a room almost right away. The staff were sensational - customer service was magnificent. The area wasn't great, but we chose it for its location near the airport. Free shuttle to and from LAX was a bonus. Breakfast buffet had plenty of choice, and the pool kept our boys entertained. Would stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Having stayed often at hotels around LAX, I was a little surprised by the unusually polite, warm and helpful responses I got from the front desk staff when I first called to make our reservation.

I was even more delighted when my wife and I drove up to the place to check-in for our one-night stay before flying out early next morning.

For a start, the hotel has plenty of parking on the premises, and it's free! (Eat your heart out all you other LAX hotels!) As for the reception staff, I honestly don't think I've ever been more courteously and warmly welcomed - and I've stayed at some pretty 'swank' hotels over the years.

The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and even had a refrigerator and a microwave, as well as a coffee pot and free coffee. The bathroom was larger than average, and had all the extra little amenities one hopes for. As for the bed, let's just say the wake-up call came on-time, but way too early.

All-in-all, a superb hotel. Five short minutes from the airport, in a very quiet neighborhood (no overhead flight-path noise), at an absolutely brilliant price.

If you're looking for a short overnight stay before a flight, or a more extended sojourn while exploring the beaches, etc., then look no further. This place leaves all the other local competitors standing! So much so that, crazy as it sounds, and for the first time in my life, I'm actually looking forward to the next occasion when we have to overnight near the airport for an early-morning flight! Amazing!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Menifeemonkey
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here one night in September in order to be close to LAX for an early morning flight. I was able to check check in early (just after 12:00 noon) with no hassle and found the front desk clerk to be very professional, friendly and educated on the amenities. They have a nice sized pool, as well as a workout facility, a restaurant and a bar. They offered me two (2) free bottles of water as a Hilton Honors Silver member, and gave me my choice of floors and room location. The road (Mariposa) is not terribly busy so even if you're facing it there's little to no traffic noise. This hotel provides free shuttle service to LAX, as well as free parking, which you won't find at the other hotels along Century Boulevard. It is less than 5 minutes away from the airport. The rooms are nicely decorated - not brand new but clean and functional. When I first sat on the bed in the room I was shocked at how hard it felt. But then I quickly realized that this hotel has the new adjustable beds so you can change the firmness on each side of the bed individually based upon your preference. It was easy to operate and actually worked well. There are mini refrigerators in the room, as well as a small microwave and coffee pot. Having stayed at other area hotels for the same reason (the night prior to an early flight) I would say this is one of the better options and the friendliness of the staff was an added bonus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We were excited to check into our room at the hilton garden inn el segundo. The location seemed just OK (a little shady) but the hotel seemed very nice for the price. We arrived at 9am and went right to the hotel from the airport. A room was not available when we tried to check in (which is understandable) so we decided to go walk around the beach for a while and come back. The desk personnel said NOTHING about anything unusual going on at the hotel. An hour later we come back, a room was available for us. Great. Except then the desk personnel informs us that they would be conducting fire alarm testing ALL DAY. She wasn't lying, because 2 seconds later an earpiercing alarm went of, and she handed us ear plugs. We had just bought lunch to eat in our room, and I already had a headache, so the on and off ear piercing alarm wasn't going to fit in well with our plans for our relaxing vacation. The desk personnel was kind enough to call the double tree and get us a room there for what they said would be the same rate. We hauled our stuff over to the double tree (which was fortunately just around the corner but in a much more 'safer' feeling area). Of course we had to fight the double tree and hilton customer service to honor the same rate we had at the Garden Inn, but in the end they gave us the same rate. If I didn't have so many hilton honors points i would GLADY give up my honors card after this experience. HILTON = HASSLE.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KSprincess
Mike P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent experience with us. While we are very glad our partner hotel was able to accommodate you, we apologize for any inconvenience this posed onto your trip. Please note that these tests are indeed rare to our property and we hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

They have won a guest for life! This hotel was perfect and had parking on-site. We walked into a clean, classy establishment complete with a restaurant and amazing service. Everyone we met was pleasant and very warm. Not what we expected in LA! We found ourselves chatting with the staff when we went downstairs! I recommend buying the breakfast with your reservation, you'll get vouchers good for up to 4 people (even when two people are renting a room). The breakfast was wonderful, and cooked to order. They had excellent coffee and everything was fresh. There was a little bar and a lot of places to sit inside & out. The entire property was landscaped beautifully, with lush tropical plants. There is a Metro rail station right outside - which concerned me since we were placed in a room next to it - but it was not loud at all. Didn't wake me up and we have a 9 month old who slept great! The rooms were clean and modern, the tv was even HD and not an off-brand! I simply cannot say enough good things about this place. Go! Don't even bother looking anywhere else!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor is the quietest - from what the front desk said. We were in room 202 which is next to...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I had a brief stay in this hotel 16 months ago and was pleased with it. This time I stayed for five nights and had ten other people from around the world stay. Everyone was very pleased with the standard of the hotel, the amenities, staff friendliness and willingness to go the extra mile for their guests.
In the evening the hotel shuttle took us to restaurants in the area and was happy to pick us up at the end of our evening. There is always a smile when you enter the lobby; free cookies and coffee at reception, and large well equipped rooms that have everything a business traveller needs.
This one is hard to beat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Our stay at this facility was very nice. It's location near the LAX makes it a good choice when traveling. The hotel has a small interior restaurant in the lobby. There are many places to eat and shop near by.

Room Tip: The rooms are all good choice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
LAX Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!