“Great wedding night hote! :)”

Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Los Angeles
“Great wedding night hote! :)”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in August 2010 for our wedding night before we flew out of LAX to go on our honeymoon. The hotel was perfect!

Check-in: Was a breeze. We'd paid ahead of time so everything was smooth.

Room: large! Big bathroom and tub and plenty of space. We were concerned about sound being so close to the airport but didn't have any problems.

Pool: beautiful. We only stayed two nights and it was the beginning of honeymoon, so we didn't leave the room too much, but we did try out the hot-tub. It was like a secret oasis! The landscaping and gardens around it were lush and beautiful. We easily forgot that we were in a busy city because all of the lush trees and flowers.

Restaurant: I would highly recommend getting the room with the included breakfast. It was delicious! And just very convenient to show up and eat without having to pay. They make everything to order: omelets, potatoes, sausage, bacon, pancakes, etc. They also had a great selection of pastries, toast, fruit and juices.

Shuttle to airport: arrived right on time, was helpful with bags and took us to the right terminal, no problems and no worries!

Overall we had a great stay and would definitely recommend it to anyone! It especially is a great place if you're flying out of LAX, but it would also be fun as a little romantic getaway if you're from the area like we are, but just want to stay in a hotel for a night or two! The rates are pretty good for a Hilton, and there's so much to do around the area, it's a great place to stay!

Room Tip: get the room with breakfast included!
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hoovergab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
NE Ohio
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed here one night on return from French Polynesia to our home in Ohio. After arriving from our 8 hour flight, clearing customs and immigration, and getting (half of -- Thanks Air Tahiti!) our luggage, my husband called and the free shuttle from HGI picked us up within 5 minutes.

Everything was great -- the grounds were beautifully landscaped, there was fresh fruit, some strawberry water, and fresh cookies in the lobby, and the room was immaculate (and available at 1pm, which we were appreciative of). We used the laundry facilities and the business center and both were fine.

Although there is a "restaurant" on site (great for breakfast in the AM, but more on that in a minute), I didn't want to have lunch there. There was a plaza about 3/4 of a mile away (definitely within walking distance), but I think the shuttle also will take guests various places. Also, directly outside the hotel is the Metro Rail Line. For $1.50 each way, you can get on and ride until you see something you'd like. The staff at the desk was more than helpful with instructions on how to use the Rail, a map, etc.

Breakfast -- we got it free because we're Hilton Honors Gold Members -- I think it might be $12 or so regularly. It was pretty good. Made to order eggs, a few different meat sides, yogurt and fruit, pastries, and so on. And a waffle maker with a bowl of the biggest, most beautiful blackberries I'd ever seen.

In the morning the airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes. We made it to the airport without a hitch.

I would definitely recommend this hotel with no exceptions! We got the room with points so won't rate the "Value" category below.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mom2Monkeys
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed here for two nights after a long flight. The hotel shuttle picked us up from LAX & quickly got us back to the hotel. The hotel staff were friendly & very helpful. Our room was clean & comfortable. Even the $4 breakfast was great! I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Umba
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel as part of an Orbitz package. The hotel room was probably valued at about $100/night. I would say that this place is mediocre. It has a nice appearance, but its major drawback is the flimsiness of construction. I could hear every step my neighbors took. It was painfully difficult to get to sleep with people walking all over me. The room also faced the back parking lot, and I was awoken a couple times in the middle of the night by loud people coming back to the hotel. It was more than annoying. The hotel also states that it changes sheets every three days unless you specifically request otherwise. I really hate it when they do that. It’s not like prices go down when they don’t change your sheets or towels. If I’m staying at a hotel, I want that to be part of the service. I really don’t buy that hotels all of the sudden got an environmental conscious.

Bottom line is that this hotel is not atrocious, but it’s also not especially nice. I had fitful nights of sleep because of thin walls and floors and loud people outside. If you’re looking for a quiet spot to sleep, this is not it.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Upon arrival the hotel was very nice, similar to every other HGI. I only had one problem during my stay, and for me it was a big problem. My last night there, I went to get in bed, and there was a rather large spider on my pillow, and I am deathly afraid of spiders. I called the front desk and they did everything they could do, as far as sending someone up to remove the spider, moving me to a different room on a different end of the building and a different floor. However, the damage was already done, I was paranoid all night and unable to sleep at all. I understand that I am more paranoid about spiders than most people, so this might not be an issue for everyone. In all other asspects the hotel looked perfectly clean and the staff was nice. However, considering the fact that my room was on the 3rd floor, I dont think this particular spider came in the front door road the elevator up and wandered all the way down the hall to my room and climbed in the bed. It is most likely an infestation, which is why I will never return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank csg2417
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2011

It looks very nice when your arrive - pretty front garden, good reception area, clean. However, the beds are not very comfortable. The matress has an adjustable knob to select soft or firm. The one in room 338 did not function. I turned the knob from one way to another and inbetween many times -nothing. One side high other low. Told desk -did nothing. Mgr changed my room to 339. Bed worked but not comfortable. A/C unit sounded like jet engine when starting up constantly waking me up. I will NOT be back. Also halls were very noisy. No guest manners. Rooms were clean. Wi-Fi needed desk to enter code on IPAD to function. Did not eat there as prices were high and better food at near by restaurants

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I typically stay here when I have an early morning flight out of LAX. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The staff is superb, rooms are clean and all other ammenities are HGI standard. Very convenient to LAX. Restaurants, shopping all close by.

I would stay again.

LAX Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North
Westside
Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!