Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
  • Pool
  • Pool
LAX Suites(Inglewood)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfire pitfront deskfull kitchenmonday to thursdayfree breakfastbedroom suitemarriott propertiesbasketball courtmanhattan beachlight dinneryogurtmain buildingfree parkingoutdoor poolhappy hourshort driveclose to the airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Called from the airport and the shuttle was not available so I was advised to take a cab and would be reimbursed. As soon as I walked in the door, Frederick was attentive and answered all my questions before I even asked. My money was reimbursed for the cab immediately. My husband and travel companions commented that Frederick was the PERFECT example of customer service and how our workplace could benefit if all employees were like him. We arrived after dinner hours and The Boat sushi and Thai was recommended and it was delicious and convenient because they delivered.

We left before the complimentary breakfast started but coffee and tea was available. Steven assisted us in the morning and was very helpful and accommodating also.
Airport shuttle in the morning was right on time.
Great experience.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stigliano777
ResidenceInnElSeg, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Stigliano777:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo was enjoyable.

I will make sure to share your feedback with Steve and Fred. You and all of our guests are very important to us.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Nice clean hotel with a good breakfast but the rooms and overall property are a little dated. They have updated, but property is still showing age. Good for families but couples wanting a little better should look to other Marriott properties in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim C

Dear sae:

We are happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay and that you found the hotel clean. That is very important to us.

Please feel free to contact me directly the next time your travels bring you back to the El Segundo/LAX area. Hopefully at that time, I can share of any changes at the hotel.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I don't know about you but I'm of the age where I used to watch Sanford and Son reruns and always used to hear Fred Sanford mention El Segundo and how shady it was. But I digress.

Like everyone else mentioned, El Segundo is a great location in LA. Easy access to Manhattan Beach (a must see for visitors), the highways and the airport. Many restaurants in the vicinity (not in immediate walking area but within a 5 minute drive). We were about 20-25 minutes away from Hollywood and Santa Monica which was very nice considering how congested and crazy LA can be.

Hotel was clean, comfortable and roomy for our family of 5. Heated pool and hot tub were nice and everything was in close proximity to the rooms. Kitchenette was very nice.

Price was right and staff was very friendly and helpful.

Overall this was what you should expect from a hotel like this.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this for anyone visiting LA and/or its attractions.

My only request would be with improve breakfast a little. It was free and it was hot but the eggs were those that were more like small scrambled egg balls (perhaps pre-made then warmed?) and it was VERY crowded both days we were there as the seating area is pretty small (even with the conference room they opened up for additional seating).

Room Tip: There is a rail/metro line righ along the east side of the property. Request a room away from there to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear cberd1221:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while visiting the Residence Inn El Segundo/LAX.

I agree with you, El Segundo is a perfect location. We are close to everything that LA has to offer. I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

The entire team looks forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my family last week of December and the choice was based on TA reviews. It was exactly what I expected, good service, very helpful front desk, clean, location. The only minor observations: breakfast area always very crowded and housekeeping of rooms not so consistent (one day lacking towels, other day no kitchen cleaning - it was clear that it depends on who was taking care - training should be considered as improvement).
The location was perfect as I could visit LA attractions, enjoy and knowing a nice area as Manhattan Beach and get my early flight without any stress.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear DS -BR:

Thank you for taking the time to share your your experience. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo was enjoyable.

Safe travels,

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I can't say enough good things about our stay here. The staff, management & focus on customer service was incredible. What started out as a horrible situation ended up feeling like an extended holiday

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Priscilla R

Dear Priscilla R:

We are all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. You and your family are very important to us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Best,