“A great hotel in LAX land”

Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Residence Inn is about 2 miles away from the worst airport on earth, and serves as a welcome contrast. It is clean, bright and staffed with great people who make your stay enjoyable. I was the guest of friends from Chicago and enjoyed this property and the free shuttles to local restaurants.

Room Tip: ask for the 4th floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnElSeg, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Hello s j:

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review on the Residence Inn Hotel Marriott - El Segundo/LAX.

I will make sure the staff knows that you enjoyed your spacious and clean suite. We strive on providing the best customer experience.

We look forward to your visit again soon.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo

Reviewed September 5, 2013

There were four adults and one baby in our group and I didn't want to pay too much but I didn't want to stay in a dump either. Also, the hotel is conveniently located and offers a free shuttle service to LAX. I stayed for two nights, 3 days and the place was quiet, clean (even on weekends for an extended stay!), and parking was adequate. I didn't have time to check the pool, nor the gym so I couldn't rate them in my review. I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: I rated location very good because once you miss the entrance on El Segundo street, you'll have...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear helensdale:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Residence Inn Marriott- El Segundo/LAX.

We are perfect for families! I am glad you and your family enjoyed your spacious and clean suite. Hopefully next time, you can use the pool and relaxing patio area.

Thank you again for your loyalty and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my wife for 4 nights. Everything was as expected and explained by previous comments .
Pros :
1- At the front desk there us an awesome guy (Fredrek ) very helpful and honest man in all advises. He cares to give the clients the useful advise not just any reply. I think he is an advantage to this hotel
2- They have a van that took me to 2 errands in the same area for free which saved me time and money. Another plus for this hotel
3- Rooms are big with kitchenette suitable for cooking and big fridge

Cons :
1- The only negative experience I have is something that's not the responsibility of the hotel.
The shuttle bus that was supposed to take me to airport was late so they called a cab for me.
The cab driver was very rude, unprofessional and impolite. I will report a complaint against him for sure

Room Tip: Avoid train side
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnElSeg, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Moataz E:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We are glad to hear that we met your expectations.

I will make sure to share your feedback with Fred. I am sure it will make his day. His goal is to make sure that your stay is perfect!

We look forward to your visit soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stay here quite often on business trips. The hotel is everything you'd expect from a Marriott Residence Inn property. Large spacious clean comfortable rooms. I almost never find anything not in working order. Complimentary breakfast, WiFi and parking are of course welcome benefits. On top of all of this, the staff here is amazing. They couldn't be friendlier and are always willing to do anything in their power to help you out.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors will have better cell phone coverage.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank blg456

Dear blg456:

We are so happy to hear that you stay with us often. Thank you for your loyalty.

You and all of our guests are very important to us. It is nice to see that you enjoy the suites, the amenities and the service. I will make sure to share your positive review with the team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you again and safe travels.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Residence Inn quality where?
We have always experience great service and stays here --- until---drumroll--- now!

We expect a good safe. Clean stay at Residence Inn this was not it!

The service? Front desk yes ... However after that it lacked we needed towels for the pool and they never came! So we dripped all the way back to our room!
The pool area was filthy!! Seriously banana peels, water bottles, left all over. Personal towels what do people live here long term?? There was stuff floating in the pool and all over the bottom.
The furniture in the room was so worn wait was it shabby chic? Or garage sale redo?

The hide a bed was scary--- open it sit down and it was like something from an old sitcom where it's going to close on you because the thing literally popped up off the ground!

Lets not forget people leaving notes to "some rude soul" in the laundry room to not touch their laundry that obviously they left in the washer to long.

There were also questionable people hanging about outside who were not paid "guests"

My suggestion stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013
ResidenceInnElSeg, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear mk4HI:

I am sorry to hear about your non so pleasant stay with us. I can personally assure you that what you encountered is not normal for our hotel.

We understand you are busy but we would really like to hear from you. Please call the hotel and ask for the front office manager.

I appreciate your time.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Least expensive hotel we stayed at during weeklong LA area vacation, and good value for the money. 2 miles to airport, with free parking. Nice pool area and close to El Segundo "downtown" area for restaurants. Nice, clean spacious room.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear jillatin:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience!

We are happy to hear that you found our location, amenities and suites very convenient for you. You and all our guests are very important to us. Downtown El Segundo happens to be our favorite area and it sounds like you had fun.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

You really need a car if you are staying here. Breakfast was fine, but the area does get quite crowded, we had to eat outside on the patio which was fine, but you need your room key-card to get back inside every time you want to get something extra. Plenty of parking. Only negative we can comment on is that the cleaning staff didn't replace towels on one occasion. Laundry was a great plus too.
We had booked the shuttle to the airport on the day of our departure and when we checked out were told that the shuttle was busy, but they had booked a taxi for us, and the hotel paid for the service. We thought that was great. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello BMLNewZealand:

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. Summer is such a very busy time and we do our best to make sure each detail is not overlooked. Thank goodness for the outside patio area.

We appreciate you staying with us again!

Safe travels,

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Cambria El Segundo
#9 of 13 in El Segundo
Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
#3 of 13 in El Segundo
LAX Area
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!