“Our first choice”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Rocklin, California, United States
“Our first choice”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler. This is my hotel of choice when I am in the area. It is close to LAX and many businesses. My family also enjoys their stay when they accompany me as it is also a short drive to local beaches, shopping, activities and restaurants. It has spacious and well kept rooms. Staff is friendly and responsive. They even grocery shop for you. Impressive complimentary breakfast and dinner during the business week. They even bar-b-q one evening. The kids especially enjoy the pool and basketball court. We will definitelly stay here next time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrea P
ResidenceInnElSeg, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Andrea P:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on our hotel.

We are a perfect hotel for guests that are here on business or for families looking to relax and explore the area. We are glad to hear that your family stays with you on occasion and that they enjoy the hotel, staff and location. Wednesday is our favorite night too as we get to enjoy you , our guests and our delicious burgers off the grill! Perfect for the warm evenings here in Southern California.

I appreciate you making us your first choice Andrea P. We look forward to seeing you and your family again very soon.

Interim General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was visiting LA with family and we had a very pleasant 3 day stay. The hotel was full; yet, the staff honored my request for a high floor, rooms close to each other (even though they were a Queen suite and a King studio), and a late check-out. I have no hesitations recommending the LAX Residence Inn in El Segundo to anyone else in the future. All the reviews about the kind and smiling staff was true during my visit.

PS: My ratings are based on an apples to apples comparison. That is, 'how does this residence inn property compare to other residence inn properties in which I have stayed'. It isn't a fair comparison otherwise.

Dear DamithFdo:

We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience while visiting our hotel.

We do our very best to accommodate all of our guests' requests and I am glad to hear that we were able to assist you promptly. You, your family and all of our guests are very important to us.

Thank you again and we hope to see you all very soon.

Best wishes,

Los Angeles
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with family during memorial weekend for 3 nights.
Very central location plenty of parking and little pool (protected from the wind) had the king suite which offers a little kitchen which is very convenient if you stay with kids.
Offered the lowest price but chose the hotel based on trip advisor reviews. Will be back.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Alex044:

We are happy to hear that you and your family had a great Memorial day weekend! Thank you for choosing our hotel.

Traveling with kids makes our hotel the perfect choice. The pool area, amenities and the spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens are a must for families. The team is excited to hear that you all truly enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you again for your time and your loyalty.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I always stay here when In LA on business. Just minutes from the airport or the freeway. It's only a 10 minute drive to the beach. I always leave some time for one of my life's great pleasures.

The hotel is basic Marriott Suite which means a nice size suite with a small kitchen at wonderfully reasonable rates. The staff is as courteous and helpful as any you will find even in a luxury hotel.

Skip the free breakfast and dinners unless you have no time to eat elsewhere or bring something in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Elewis877
ResidenceInnElSeg, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hello Elewis877:

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Marriott - El Segundo/LAX. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is perfect because we are close to LAX and like you mentioned, the finest beaches the South Bay offers.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Safe travels and summer,

Rockville, Maryland, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and 5-year-old twins.

W could not have asked for anything more during our stay. We arrived at 9 pm after flying in from the east coast. Front desk agent, Frederick, could tell our kids were exhausted and managed to get us through the check in process in less than 2 minutes. Kudos!

Room was clean and quiet, and the bed very comfortable. Complementary buffet breakfast in the morning was tasty and offered good variety.

Finally, upon checkout, we were supposed to be picked up by the local Enterprise car rental agency. Enterprise was a no-show. Elayna, the hotel manager, gracious offered to drive use to Enterprise instead. We were ever so grateful.

We would happily stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnElSeg, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Hello Gabriel M:

We appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our staff and our hotel. We strive on making you and your family's stay as comfortable as possible.

I will make sure to share your review with Fred and the rest of the team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Safe travels,

Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here while moving my daughter out of her dorm. The 1 bedroom size was great for our needs and held many packed items. Having a kitchen was a plus. The pool and hot tub were clean and inviting. The breakfast was really nice as well, and added to the value of the stay. When you factor in free parking as well, it was a really good value. The only downside; our room was not ready either early, or at check in. It was finally ready about 4:30. The front desk was apologetic, and offered drinks and snacks while we waited. The rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful as well and even helped me get my daughter's bike back on the roof of the car!

Room Tip: We had requested a ground floor room because of all of the moving from the car and back. This may ha...
Dear alian5:

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience while staying at the Residence Inn - El Segundo/LAX.

We are glad to hear that the 1 bedroom suite was perfect for you and your daughter. The fully equipped kitchen is a huge plus! It seems that our service and the amenities we offer to all of our guests, exceeded your expectations. I will make sure to share your review with the entire team.

Please let us know the next time you are in the area. We would love to assist you and your family again soon!

Best,

san francisco
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are generally good and the beds comfortable. We had a problem with the air conditioner making a loud banging noise. Maintenance came and told us they fixed it, but it was not fixed. We moved to a different room but the ac in that room only worked intermittently. Also, some of the furniture is worn.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank tripsgesq
ResidenceInnElSeg, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear tripsgesq:

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hotel. I apologize that there were issues and I hope that you will reach out to me personally so we can discuss.

You are very important to us and I look forward to hearing from you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
#2 of 13 in El Segundo
LAX Area
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!