“Nice property close to airport”

Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed for one nite after getting in on a late flight. The shuttle was not available so the hotel
told me to take a taxi and they would reimburse me which they did including the tip I paid which was a pleasant surprise! Room was clean and comfortable, lobby had a nice breakfast
area with a fireplace will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank pjw08

Reviewed December 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel twice recently and will do so again the next time we are looking for accomodation close to LAX. The hotel offers full kitchen facilities but we did not use them as both a full American breakfast and an evening snack complete with wine and beer service are included at no extra cost. The beds are comfortable and despite being only 10 minutes from LAX, the rooms are very quiet. The hotel offers free parking and a free shuttle service. Alternatively they will reimburse your cab fare if the shuttle is busy. The front desk staff was knowledgable, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elpavorealblanco
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Stayed here for a week whilst in the area for work. The rooms are huge - my room had a separate bedroom. Big question, were they clean? Yes. Couple of huge flat screen tv's, ipod dock make the difference in these rooms. In the kitchen area is a microwave and they provide popcorn on a daily basis if you want it! But here is the best bit, I have never had such great service somewhere as here. The desk staff were so friendly and helpful - and remember your name! If free, they will run you around in the hotel mini bus - handy if you want to go out to any nearby restaurants etc.(One night when the bus wasnt free, they paid for a taxi to take us!) The breakfast each morning provides a great start to the day and they even allow you to take food away. There was hot food (egg's, potato, sausage etc) and waffles, muffins, bagels, fruit, yoghurts - a good selection. Some evenings there would be food provided in the evening - along with beer and wine. I loved my stay here and would not hesitate in going back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Mart_uk
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We arrived after disembarking from a cruise out of Long Beach. We had to stand outside in the pouring rain waiting to go through customs at the cruise port for 45 minutes we arrived at the hotel at 11:00 soaking wet suitcases and all. The welcoming front desk staff allowed us to check in right away and dry off. The room was a one bedroom with separate living area and kitchen. There was an excellent guest laundry which included laundry detergent. We had 10 days of laundry to do so this was perfect for us.
The room is clean, quiet and nicely organised. The bed is comfortable...the bathroom large.
Best of all...the hotel provided transportation to areas within 3 miles. It was still pouring rain so they provided transportation to the indoor mall and picked us up after we had dinner...fast service!!! Their transportation to the airport in the morning was easy to arrange and on time.
Breakfast was good and included.
I would stay again...no concerns!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cat15
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We always stay here when we travel to El Segundo for therapy sessions for my grand-daughter. Our suite has two bedrooms with bathrooms, a lovely sitting area with a flat screen as well as a kitchen with refrigerator & stove so that we can cook our meals if we choose. They offer complimentary hot breakfast each morning and even provide an evening meal several nights during the week. We always find the property clean & well maintained, inside & out with a very friendly staff. Our stays are normally between one & two weeks and Mari in customer service is always helpful in handling the special needs of our girl.

Room Tip: We always utilize a handicapped room to accomodate a wheelchair.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here for close to two weeks. During the stay I had no problems with the room, other than the wireless internet connection.

The room was always clean and had the full services I would expect.

The bed was comfortable, the TV worked well, the area was quiet.

The kitchen was great for being able to cook healthy meals and was equipped fairly well.

The free breakfast was okay but very predictable. There was free dinners Mon-Thurs but I did not participate.

In my room, the wireless internet was horrible. I would often lose access to the internet even though the wireless service still seemed to be present. The access would return on its own.

The wired internet was fine for work purposes.

If you are looking for a place with lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance, this hotel is not for you. There are lots of options within a < 5 minute drive.

I would stay here again if I was working in the same area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank WhitbyTerry
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed here one night because we needed a hotel close to the airport to rest for a few hours before returning to LAX to pick up our daughter from her flight. We found the hotel to be in great condition and very clean. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. We were very impressed with the social hour the evening we arrived that included a full meal (salad bar, main dish, cookies, wine/beer/soda.) The social hour is only on Monday-Wednesday nights I believe, but it negated the need for us to find a place for dinner that night! Also, the shuttle drivers were very friendly as we utilized the shuttle several times. We stay at many Marriott properties throughout the country and would highly suggest this property to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family