“VERY MODERN ROOM....NEAR BEACHES & SHOPS”

Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“VERY MODERN ROOM....NEAR BEACHES & SHOPS”
Reviewed April 22, 2009

We stayed here in Sept 2008 whilst travelling around California!
The room was very very modern & clean. Great Kitchen...lovely big comfortable bed...2 massive tvs!
The complex was lovely & tidy...there was always a member of staff gardening/tidying or cleaning the pool which was great to see!
GYM was incredable! Loads of great equipment! Internet room was fab too!
It's location was great...short drive to the beaches...short walk to shops...3 mins drive to big shops like Target...wasn't in the centre of LA...BUT great location esp for small children!
The breakfast was lovely & free...but that means everyone goes crazy for it haha! It was a case of getting up very early!
What was really nice was that in the evenings they do a Happy Hour, which was a selection of local wines/beers & snacks for free. This was really nice...plus a nice relaxing atmosphere!
Great value for money!!
Would reccomend to anyone!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield for the last 4 nights a a 2 week trip to california. We had a 2 bed trio room. It had one room with a Queen size bed and a 2nd bedroom with 2 doubles. Also a living area with sofa chair, dining table and chairs, kitchen and desk with wifi interent access.
The rooms were very clean and well presented, just as they look on the website. The bathrooms are very small but as there are 2 this wasn't a problem. The bathroom extraxtor fans were really noisy !
The daily room service was excellent and the front desk staff also very helpful with everything we asked from places to visit, where to eat, changing travellers cheques etc etc. There is security 24/7.
There is a nice pool and hottub in the centre of the complex with sun loungers around. All the suites/rooms and built around the pool. This is popular with children as is the basketball court next to it. The only problem with this is the constant thumping of the basket ball on the court if you are trying to have a quiet rest in your room but not a big deal.
The complimentary breakfasts are fine, enough for us to eat, and the staff were very helpful, especially at busy times when plates and cutlery was running out they worked really hard, however some people were quite rude and moaned, This isn;t a 5 star hotel and some people should remember that !!!
We visited disney (30 mins) and hollywood (20 mins) which were all close enough to drive easily. We were also very close to the beach (2 miles) and the area has a number of restaurants (and supermarkets if you want to eat in). We also visited the beaches of OC from here and it is less than 5 miles from LAX. It is a very good location for a longer stay as there is so much within easy access if you have a car.
I would recommend this place and would consider staying here if I came again and wanted a comfortable base to visit the LA area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We were VERY pleased with our stay over spring break. Even during a peak season stay, the hotel staff was able to stay on top of things. The whirlpool was drained and refilled while we were there because of heavy use, which I thought was very attentive. I read a couple of reviews that weren't all that favorable, so we were skeptical, but we were really impressed with the quality of the hotel itself, the staff, our room, and the free breakfast and social hour. People compared this hotel to Embassy Suites, but I would prefer this hotel over Embassy because of what you get for your money. We took advantage of the full kitchen, and only ate out dinner one night. The social hour appetizers were way above the Embassy Suite's and as we aren't big drinkers, the free beer and wine available was just right. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. The only detrimental thing was as it was during spring break, the hotel was at full capacity, and guests tend to go through plate after plate of free food, the dinnerware and silverware often ran out at breakfast and during the social hour. We did have to wait a couple of times for clean plates. Also out of Hyatt's control was the rudeness of some guests. One couple was too intimate and thought it was their own private whirlpool. Some guests asked for food items that weren't offered. One irresponsible family with five kids let the kids scream and run around literally all day at the pool and during breakfast/social hour without any control (our well-behaved daughter even said they were out of control). Absolutely fabulous stay. We would even pay full price (we used discounted rate). Easy access to highways and not far from beaches and Hollywood areas.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2009

The property is in 3 floor units but does not have an elevator. There was a nice pool aqnd spa but no pool towels. The rooms was nicely furnished. It was my first stay at a Summerfield and they just are not quite as complete as a Homewood. The room was quiet but I don;t think all rooms are because the light rail train is literaally on the side of the property.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed February 4, 2009

Normally when travelling with the kids I stay at Embassy Suites, but I had a Hyatt reward night so I thought we'd try here. The location was convenient and easy to find from LAX and the 405. We got in 3 hours later than planned, were tired and started unpacking, my daughter used the toilet to go #1 and the toilet flooded. We called down to front desk to have someone come fix it and they said there was no maintenance staff on duty and we would need to change rooms. So we repacked and changed to a room facing the outside of the hotel. Turns out this room faced a loading dock for the next door building and I was awakened several times by the beeping of trucks backing up to the loading dock. When I went to use the exercise room, several pieces of equipment no longer had onboard TVs working, but I was still able to get my workout in. The breakfast, while better than a roll and a piece of fruit, fell far below what we are used to when we stay at an Embassy Suites property.

The staff was friendly and tried to help to the extent that they could, but Hyatt needs to make some improvements to keep up with their competition.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Southampton, England
Reviewed October 4, 2008

A two night stop over in Sept 08. Stayed here first for a couple of times in 2006, and was worried reading some of the reviews since, but this place is so convenient for LAX and I thought 'it couldn't have fallen off that much surely'. I was right. Our suite was very nice as before and everything was clean, comfortable and up-to-date. Felt perfectly safe, and no evidence of anything seedy in the hotel - or its car park! They now have a strict no party policy as well. Very good hot breakfast as before so all in all above average for value and comfort. Didn't try the pool or gym but both looked fine. Very useful business centre facility for those who don't have their laptops with them.

• Liked — Hot breakfast with good range and quality of food.
  • Disliked — The very small handle on the sliding door to the bathroom
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
Reviewed October 2, 2008

I stayed here 10/08 for business. Because the majority of the reviews on here were good, I thought I would be ok. This was the worst hotel stay I have ever had.

The staff was rude and incompetent. That I can handle but the second night I was there, the fire alarm went off in my room while I was sleeping (midnight). The front desk called and instructed me to take the battery out and go back to sleep. I refused. The alarm continued to go on and off until security showed up 45 minutes later. I had to switch rooms and ended up losing much needed sleep. I was never apologized to by anyone at the hotel and ended up checking out 2 days early to stay at a near by Marriot. I did not feel safe being forced out of my hotel room in the middle of the night..

This place is truely not worth the risk

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Rude staff
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank frequenttravelerII
Manhattan Beach Marriott
Manhattan Beach Marriott
#6 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel

Been to Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo? Share your experiences!