“Homey hotel”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Titusville, Florida
“Homey hotel”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband, sister and granddaughter stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It was very clean and roomy. We had two bedrooms, one with a walk-in-closet! Beds were very comfortable Free breakfast was very good. Staff was polite and friendly. Would definitely stay here again if we return to L.A.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon511

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Looking at the pictures, you would think you were ob to something, when you get there its more like old stinky apartment buildings. I delt with one decent person, and the rest of the staff was rude. Our room smelled so bad it just made me sick to my stomach. When we called about it they sent someone to plug in a glade plug in tht did nothing. The offerd to move us rooms a day befor check out. i asked about some type of compensation and the manager replied absalutly not. Our vaction turned into a very stinky nightmare. You can hear everyone running through there as well as a few prostitutes. You may want to rethink this one.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank reecent
Houston, TX
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My party of 3 women stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment at Hyatt House. It was so spacious! Having the kitchen, 2 bathrooms, 3 flat screen televisions, living room, and full breakfasts each morning was a tremendous plus! The courtyard has a pool, lounging area, and even a small basketball court, but it wasn't noisy. This is a great place for families. There are stores and restaurants nearby, including a McDonalds and a Walgreens, and is not far from LAX. Security personnel were very visible at night. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators. This facility is just like a 3-level apartment complex. If you will have p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kaytee58Houston
Brett M, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
@Kaytee58Houston

Wow- thanks for the glowing review, sounds like you took advantage of all of our wonderful amenities, we are happy you and your friends enjoyed your time with us!

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt House for a quick Disney/LA trip. We booked the two bedroom as we were travelling with young children. The room was slightly dated but overall had nice decor, was clean (most important to me) and had a very edible breakfast. The only downfall was that no elevator in the building where we stayed. We marched up and down with luggage, kids, groceries.... u get the picture. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EYS_1
@EYS_1

It's been forever since I've been to Disneyland, that is great you got to enjoy that time with your family! We are happy that you found our location central to all the great things Los Angeles has to offer and will see you on your next adventure at the HYATT house Los Angeles.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Really lovely rooms with with lounge, dining, 2 bathrooms and full kitchen. TV's in bedrooms and lounge. Very friendly staff. Only negative was no lift for accessing upper floor rooms. Rooms were very quiet and free wifi was great.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Nelly C
@Nelly C

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, we are happy that you found that the accommodations met your needs and that you were able to relax in our spacious rooms! We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Sacramento
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I travel a LOT for work - I'm literally on the road 3-6 days every week for my job. I stay in a lot of hotels, so I'm pretty qualified to speak to the quality of this place in comparison to others. This was my first trip to this hotel, and will be my last ever.

I stay in the Greater Los Angeles area a few times a month, and, based on a few very positive experiences at the Hyatt House in Boulder, CO - decided to book here for this work trip.

THE NEIGHBORHOOD
I'm familiar with the El Segundo / LAX area - so I know it isn't exactly Beverly Hills - and that wasn't what I was expecting. This was a totally different neighborhood than what I expected, however. First - it IS on the railroad tracks. And the high-tension power lines. And is 1/2 a block from what looks like an oil refinery (or maybe it's a sewage treatment plant?). The adjacent buildings are offices and chain restaurants, but this whole area is really awful in general.

THE HOTEL
The hotel looks as if it was built, decorated, and last cleaned somewhere in the late 1980's. There is a seediness to the lobby and the room that felt sad, tawdry, and cheap. Stains were on the room's carpet, drapes, sink, walls, bathtub / shower, and countertops. The furniture in the room was ratty, the fabric torn and "pilled," and smelled. The trash containers still had leftover trash from the last guests. I literally did a "bug check" on the beds - it felt that bad. This truly was a fleabag of a hotel.

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE
You know, I can generally handle a little dirt in a hotel. The customer service however simply ruined this stay, and inspired this review.

On check in, the front desk was staffed by three "frat bro" type guys (in look and attitude), who were joking around about getting drunk that night. They casually announced that the power would be shut-off by the City all night, and so I should charge by phones now. Had I known this on booking the room last week (which they surely knew at that time - a planned power outage!?) - and had it not been 10 PM, I'd have gone somewhere else. I asked for a wake-up call, and they declined - laughing, they told me that the phones would probably be out, too. They gave me a slow-stick (what, am I 8 years old?!) and laughed again as they told me the power would be out until 7 am, but... not at the front desk / building, which was powered by a generator.

So - with power out and no wake-up call (and zero cell reception) - my nearly dead cell phone did wake me up at 5:30 to get to work. NO HOT WATER. This was fun, to take a freezing cold shower and get dressed into my suit by light of a glow-stick.

On check-out, the girl at the front desk was checking out other folks, laughing and joking about no hot water or electricity to them (they were clearly not amused). I complained about the filthy hotel and lack of power, and she shrugged, and said she'd "let the manager know." Cold comfort.

LAST POINTS...
I got a coffee at Starbucks around the corner at 6 am - which by the way had power - as did ALL other buildings around. I grumbled to them about the hotel's lack of electricity, and they laughed, saying "that happens there a lot, we hear from other guests. We don't know why."

This is not a good hotel for the business traveler - or for ANY traveler, for that matter. This hotel brings down the entire Hyatt brand. AVOID this hotel at all costs!!

Room Tip: DON'T stay here!! Filthy dirty - horrible customer service, and NO power!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank MichaelD466
Brett M, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
@Michael D.- It's unfortunate you were here during the planned power outage, we did our best in the short time we had to relay the message to all guests. It's out intent to provide you with an experience that matches your expectations, it's never our intent to fall short. We hope you give us another chance when traveling to the Los Angeles area.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here 5-6 times over 2-3 years and recently stayed for 5 nights. I would say it is still a nice place to stay - quiet great location good breakfast and nice in-room kitchen but I was disappointed because the hotel took out their very nice hot tub to avoid the cost of installing an ADA required accessibility chair.

• Stayed June 2013
Brett M, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
@orionyh
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our location, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the facilities! We hope you and your family chose our location on your next trip to the Los Angeles area,

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Manhattan Beach Marriott
Manhattan Beach Marriott
#6 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel

Been to Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo? Share your experiences!