“First class for a family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo

Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in El Segundo
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“First class for a family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

What a hidden gem. It is close to LAX (about 4 miles south) in a very nice area. We had two grandparents, daughter, and two 6-year old grandchildren. The rooms are quiet, spacious, and clean. We had two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, and two bathrooms, along with three large flat screen TVs. This place only has two drawbacks - first, is the electric commuter rail that is close by and can be heard outdoors whizzing by occasionally; second, each building has three floors and no elevators. We selected a top floor. The first "might" be an issue if your room faced the train on the outside of the facility; it was not for us, and we could see the train from our living room window in the inside court.. The second started out as an issue for us as I struggled to get our large suitcases up the stairs upon arrival. One of their many fine employees (Gabriel) at the facility left his maintenance work and rushed over to help. After carrying our bags up he returned with a beautiful gift basket for us. There are so many reasons to return to this hotel, but he alone would be worth a return visit. Our thanks again for a great six nights!!

Room Tip: If you don't wish to climb 17 or 34 steps, you might want to request a first floor room. There...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brett M, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
@Midwesterner_549 It's so nice to hear you had a great time visiting our hotel, we genuinely do try to make each guest experience enjoyable! I will definitely share your feedback with the staff and give special kudos to Gabriel, he is quite the asset and it's great to hear it from the guest.

Brett Myers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Tahiti, French Polynesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Very convenient hotel for families near Los Angeles Airport. We had a 2 bedrooms apartment with 2 bathroom: one with a King Size Bed and one with 2 queen beds. One sofabed in the livingroom, a full kitchen with a large refrigerator, dishwasher. 3 TV: 1 in each bedroom and 1 with big screen in living room, an office desk. Outside by the swimming pool, under the shade, 2 barbecues with 2 large picnic tables, nice if you want to cook. Breakfast is basic but good (fruits, yogurts, scramble eggs, juices, toasts...) in a nice place. Free wifi, computer available with printer and free parking. Laundry facilities. Near restaurants and in a shoping area. I will highly recommend this hotel.

• 5 of 5 stars
@MahinaBeach Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I'm glad the spacious set up was big enough for you and your family to relax. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to having you back real soon!

Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

After spending several days in standard hotel rooms down near Disneyland, we instantly relaxed and felt more at home upon arriving at our Hyatt House suite. Although a bit smaller than the photos showed, the two room suite with kitchen was great for my daughter and me. Having the separated space and room to spread out was ideal. The front desk staff was terrific. They went out of their way to help when the guest laundry dryers went down. The location itself is perfect; much better than I expected. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants right around the hotel, and the area is safe, modern and convenient to getting anywhere. The only thing I wish it had was a hot spa to go with the pool. We tried swimming outside in April, but the water temp was too cold. We had a 1st floor corner room on the outer perimeter near the entrance. Although convenient for coming & going, there is morning noise with trucks delivering to the corporate buildings next door. For a quieter morning, I would have preferred to be in an interior courtyard room. We did hear the light rail going by occasionally, but it wasn't bad. The suites come with two large flat screen TVs and plenty of surface space for eating and working on a laptop. This location in general is so much better than staying by the airport, and it's much closer to Manhattan Beach than I had thought. This will definitely be a future destination for us. A special thanks to employees Mei and Juan Carlos.

Room Tip: To avoid some urban noises, opt for an inner courtyard room. The hotel does not have elevators, but...
    • 5 of 5 stars
@3Magpies Wow, what a glowing review- I don't even know what to say! We strive to make each guest experience unique and it looks like we are getting it right! I will be sure to share your kind words and review with the whole team, I'm sure they will be delighted with what you have to say about their efforts! We hope to see you back real soon, thanks again.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night last month.

- easy to reach by car, especially if you are coming from LAX.
- free parking & close to accommodation.
- free wifi & breakfast included.
- quiet location.

Stayed in a room with a separate entrance & own kitchenette. Very modern and clean overall. Garden & pool in the inner area of the hotel. Wide screen TVs on both living room & bedroom.

Place had also decent outdoor space next to pool with modern BBQ set - probably suits well with a small gatherings etc.

Room Tip: ask a room facing garden with own entrance (on street level in case you have lots of luggage)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Brett M, Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
@Hannu V. Thank you very much for your positive review, we are glad you enjoyed all the complimentary amenities we offer here at the HYATT house El Segundo! We can't wait to serve you in the future and hope to see you back next time you are in the Los Angeles/ LAX area.

MISSION VIEJO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is outstanding. From the moment we arrived for our two night stay until check out everything was just perfect. The staff was very helpful and friendly and eager to help us enjoy our stay. This place is about two miles from some of the most beautiful beaches in the state and some of the best seafood. There are also plenty of great restaurants wothin walking distance. One of the things I liked most is that they do not try and squeeze their guests with charges. This place had free parking, free WiFi, a delicious free breakfast, with coffee and a soda machine always available.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
joeyross, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay & interactions with my Staff. Yes, our location is truly exceptional for visiting Redondo, Manhattan or Hermosa Beach.....just a few miles away.

We look forward to having you back again soon!

Hilton Head Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel had very comfortable suites. Stayed on a Friday evening in March and the hotel was full. Parking was an issue at 11:00 PM. I did not try their breakfast, but it looked good. At 9:00 AM, there were many families having breakfast, there was not enough room, and it was loud. There are trains traveling behind the property, so I suggest asking for a suite that is not in the back of the property. My room was on the third floor and there were no elevators. Overall, this was a very nice hotel and I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the front of the property. There is a train line in the back.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your Feedback regarding your stay with us in March. Weekends can be quite busy
here & all of our Guests take advantage of Complimentary Hot Breakfast....one of the best in the Industry. My apologies if there was not enough seating available, we do inform our Guests that they may Dine on the Patio as well.

We look forward to having you stay with us once again.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We arrived at 330 and the room was not ready .. the person behind the desk seemed to act like it was the norm.. we ending up leaving and coming back.. only to find the room was up two flights of stairs with heavy bags and two toddlers it made the situation a little difficult. The room was a good size but the bathroom was still dirty with other peoples hair on the floor. The few times I did call down for service they were friendly and quick so I will give that to them. There are soo many hotels around here that there are plenty of choices and I would probably choose another one but because of the size and my big family I might.. and I say might with doubt stay here.. there was also some guests that used the room to throw some kind of party and I think the front desk was aware of it but did not seem to mind as they told them to just keep it down at the party.. I would say my biggest complaints was no appology or compensation for the room not being ready, the dirty bathroom, and the stairs. The bed was hard.. just need to throw that in there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Valued Guest,

My sincere apologies for your experience at our Hotel. This is not indicative of the way we operate on a daily basis. My Team is committed to Guest Satisfaction at all times.

I am sorry your room was not ready upon arrival. When the Hotel is Sold Out, it takes a tad bit longer to clean specified room types for our incoming Guests. I do have a Toddler myself so I do understand your frustration with carrying bags up 2 flights of stairs. We always place our Families with small children on the 1st Floor when available.....unfortunately this is not always possible when the Hotel is Sold Out.

We do have a strict Party Policy that is enforced an a daily basis. I have spoken to my Front Desk Agents & Assistant General Manager about this incident. We do evict Guests when they become too loud so I am sorry that these Guests were not handled swiftly enough.

I do hope that you return in an effort to give us another opportunity to make a 1st Impression.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
The Sea View Inn at the Beach
The Sea View Inn at the Beach
#2 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 568 reviews

Been to Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo? Share your experiences!