“quiet & easy”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Hong Kong, China
“quiet & easy”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night last month.

- easy to reach by car, especially if you are coming from LAX.
- free parking & close to accommodation.
- free wifi & breakfast included.
- quiet location.

Stayed in a room with a separate entrance & own kitchenette. Very modern and clean overall. Garden & pool in the inner area of the hotel. Wide screen TVs on both living room & bedroom.

Place had also decent outdoor space next to pool with modern BBQ set - probably suits well with a small gatherings etc.

Room Tip: ask a room facing garden with own entrance (on street level in case you have lots of luggage)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brett M, Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
@Hannu V. Thank you very much for your positive review, we are glad you enjoyed all the complimentary amenities we offer here at the HYATT house El Segundo! We can't wait to serve you in the future and hope to see you back next time you are in the Los Angeles/ LAX area.

Brett Myers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
MISSION VIEJO
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is outstanding. From the moment we arrived for our two night stay until check out everything was just perfect. The staff was very helpful and friendly and eager to help us enjoy our stay. This place is about two miles from some of the most beautiful beaches in the state and some of the best seafood. There are also plenty of great restaurants wothin walking distance. One of the things I liked most is that they do not try and squeeze their guests with charges. This place had free parking, free WiFi, a delicious free breakfast, with coffee and a soda machine always available.

• Stayed March 2013
joeyross, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay & interactions with my Staff. Yes, our location is truly exceptional for visiting Redondo, Manhattan or Hermosa Beach.....just a few miles away.

We look forward to having you back again soon!

Hilton Head Island
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel had very comfortable suites. Stayed on a Friday evening in March and the hotel was full. Parking was an issue at 11:00 PM. I did not try their breakfast, but it looked good. At 9:00 AM, there were many families having breakfast, there was not enough room, and it was loud. There are trains traveling behind the property, so I suggest asking for a suite that is not in the back of the property. My room was on the third floor and there were no elevators. Overall, this was a very nice hotel and I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the front of the property. There is a train line in the back.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your Feedback regarding your stay with us in March. Weekends can be quite busy
here & all of our Guests take advantage of Complimentary Hot Breakfast....one of the best in the Industry. My apologies if there was not enough seating available, we do inform our Guests that they may Dine on the Patio as well.

We look forward to having you stay with us once again.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We arrived at 330 and the room was not ready .. the person behind the desk seemed to act like it was the norm.. we ending up leaving and coming back.. only to find the room was up two flights of stairs with heavy bags and two toddlers it made the situation a little difficult. The room was a good size but the bathroom was still dirty with other peoples hair on the floor. The few times I did call down for service they were friendly and quick so I will give that to them. There are soo many hotels around here that there are plenty of choices and I would probably choose another one but because of the size and my big family I might.. and I say might with doubt stay here.. there was also some guests that used the room to throw some kind of party and I think the front desk was aware of it but did not seem to mind as they told them to just keep it down at the party.. I would say my biggest complaints was no appology or compensation for the room not being ready, the dirty bathroom, and the stairs. The bed was hard.. just need to throw that in there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

My sincere apologies for your experience at our Hotel. This is not indicative of the way we operate on a daily basis. My Team is committed to Guest Satisfaction at all times.

I am sorry your room was not ready upon arrival. When the Hotel is Sold Out, it takes a tad bit longer to clean specified room types for our incoming Guests. I do have a Toddler myself so I do understand your frustration with carrying bags up 2 flights of stairs. We always place our Families with small children on the 1st Floor when available.....unfortunately this is not always possible when the Hotel is Sold Out.

We do have a strict Party Policy that is enforced an a daily basis. I have spoken to my Front Desk Agents & Assistant General Manager about this incident. We do evict Guests when they become too loud so I am sorry that these Guests were not handled swiftly enough.

I do hope that you return in an effort to give us another opportunity to make a 1st Impression.

Mckinney Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay in a Summerfield Suite and my expectations were in accord with Hyatt's usual standards; unfortunately, this hotel did not meet them.
The positives first: comfortable bed;spacious; convenient location.
The not-so-positives: the bed linen was stained, no spa as promised on websites, no oven as written in descriptions. Worst of all the issue with cleanliness. We found scum in bathtub causing blockage. We took pictures and showed to management. Ashley the manager was attentive in contrast to others on front desk.
At check-in I felt like I was bothering the staff and the person helping me, made me feel like they were judging me and that it was too much for them to help me . They never looked me in eye, no smile, no greetings,did not feelwelcome? it was a negative experience. Had issues with reservation, booked thru travelocity and they wanted to charge my credit card again inspire of showing them that it was prepaid.
This is not what one should have to face during vacation.
After I showed photos of what I encountered they have promised me refund, yet to see. Will have to spend time dealing with this and taking up with travelocity. Not my idea of a break from busy life.
You are bound to have bad experiences, though this Was a nightmare.Given all of the various chains I've frequented that have suites, this was the worst experience thus far.

• Stayed March 2013
New Jersey
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Staying here in a reasonably priced 2 bedroom suite with a lovely free breakfast buffet and free parking. We are traveling with two children and three adults and spending a total of five nights here. there was an empty heated pool to enjoy after a day in Pasadena. Tomorrow we are heading downtown to see the Le Brea tar pits and the museums,. next day, we are heading to the Getty Villa. Easy access to highways from this location...easier access to LAX for picking up and dropping off family visiting from another area.

Room Tip: All rooms are probably fine. This place is great value
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Very pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the Amenities that the Hotel has to offer. We are centrally located to many great things to do in Los Angeles, very close to LAX & only 2 miles from the Ocean in beautiful Manhattan Beach.

We look forward to hosting you once again the next time you are in the Los Angeles/El Segundo area.

rangiora
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Family of four stayed for 5 nights, two bedroom, two bathroom, sofa sleeper in lounge, fully equipped kitchen. All televisions were large and good. Pool and spa were great. The room was dusty - windowsills not dusted and behind the bedside tabels was all full of dust, kitchen cupboard doors off hinges and sticky to touch the handles, so the cleaner is lazy. The front desk staff were not particulary friendly, always took a whiel to acknowledge I was standing at the counter, they always seemed to be talking to each other and generally uninterested. Brakfast was ok, selection poor. Always ran out of basic things ie: cutlery and butter etc and had to keep asking for these to be refilled. Would stay again, it wasn't cheap - but thats LA I suppose. Location was fine, quiet location. Free parking, although the next door office workers park their cars inteh carpark and take up space. The place is a little tired and needs updating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank thenutsRangiora
Dear Valued Guest,

My sincere apologies for some of the incidents you incurred during your Stay with us. I have spoken to my entire Management Team as these issues relate to their respective departments & put actions in place to ensure they do not happen again.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to make a 1st Impression.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Manhattan Beach Marriott
Manhattan Beach Marriott
#6 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel

Been to Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo? Share your experiences!