“Nice place to try”

Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed September 22, 2012

It was nice, clean and spacious place to stay. We were in transit while just arrived in LAX before continuing our trip to Vegas. The staff were so friendly and very helpful. The breakfast menu was quite good.
My friend recommended me this place and I was happy with this choice.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Erwinlist
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your most recent Stay at the Hyatt house - El Segundo.

I will definitely share your comments with my Team, they strive for Excellence every day & Reviews like this are truly a testimony to their hard work.

Thanks again & we look forward to seeing you back very soon !

There are newer reviews for Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Two friends and I traveled to Los Angeles for our annual road trip and picked Hyatt House because of the ability to book a two-room suite. So apart from having my own room to sleep in, I had no real expectations.

The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the bathrooms were spotless. Our room was in the back of the complex and there was an elevated train across the parking lot, but that shouldn't scare you upon checking into your room. The train made hardly any noise and passed by very quickly.

The free breakfast was a nice touch, too, and we all liked the food that we ate. I saw many families at breakfast and they also seemed to be enjoying themselves.

The beach was only a couple of miles down Rosecrans and we took full advantage.

Should we ever make another road trip to LA, we will definitely book the Hyatt House in El Segundo.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JohnH1972
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your Great Review !!

We pride ourselves on creating the exact atmosphere that you described above & it gives me
great pleasure to hear such a positive response. I will definitely share your comments with my
Team & we look forward to welcoming you once again the next time you visit Los Angeles.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Lovely start to US holiday in 2 bedroomed suite with kitchen facilities. Super beds massive and comfy.Varied breakfast and very friendly staff.nice pool.restaurants nearby and good supermarkets and other shops at mall. Got super shuttle from airport as no hotel shuttle .Managers evening reception was a very welcome barbq. Hotel on subway if you don't have transport. Relaxed atmosphere throughout including taking breakfast to room for teenage boys. Manhattan beach is lovely a few miles away we hired car for universal studios.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth S
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased that you decided to spend your Labor Day Holiday Weekend at the Hyatt House - El Segundo. Our 2 Bedroom Suites are just perfect for families that are looking to get away & relax. Our Summer BBQ & Evening Social Hour is a huge hit with our Guests, I'm so glad that you enjoyed both during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Hyatt House - El Segundo.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The rooms were clean and the service was alright. Breakfast was wonderful and the pool was awesome. 3 of 5 nights here I had to call for noise complaints , one night being the night before I left and had an early morning flight. Front desk staff did nothing and I literally had to smother my head in pillows or turn my tv to drown it out and was told that at 2 am I had to accommodate the family that checked in late. And because of that If I came back to Los Angeles I probably wouldn't stay here again. Not to mention we were told our bedrooms had two queen beds in each room instead of one. One hassle after another. If you're a heavy sleeper you're golden, if not stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Jennaaaa
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear "If you wanna sleep, go somewhere else",

My apologies for the noise issues that you incurred during your stay. Unfortunately this does occurr from time to time based on the layout of the Hotel, but can be easily controlled by the Front Desk & should have been addressed immediately.

Hopefully you will give the Hyatt House - El Segundo one more opportunity to make a 1st impression....we look forward to your return Trip.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family and I stayed here twice for week long stays last Summer and this year have returned for another week as we enjoyed our time here so much.
The hotel is superbly positioned near to excellent shopping,the airport and of course Manhattan Beach a very short drive away.
The staff are so pleasant and helpful,breakfast is excellent and on certain weeknights evening snacks are provided which are delicious.
We stayed a few nights in Beverley Hills at a much more expensive hotel to see north LA but coming to the Hyatt again was like coming home.
We shall certainly be spending our third Summer here next year.

3  Thank Steve M

Dear "Return visit",

Thank you for your kind words & positive Feedback. My Team will love to hear this as we strive for excellence with each Guest Experience.

Thanks again & we look forward to welcoming you Home once again !!!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I needed a reasonably priced hotel for an extended family (wife and me, grandparents, daughter) and wanted to spend a few days in the South Bay area, and a two-bedroom "suite" (basically just a rather small two bedroom apartment) at the Hyatt House fit the bill perfectly. Simply put, for a family that doesn't want to spend a ton of money (after paying for five plane tickets from Tokyo to LA I was pretty tapped out!) this is a great property. Close to lots of great restaurants like Houston's and McCormick & Schmicks, decent casual choices like PF Changs, tons of shopping and the beach. The free breakfast each day was nothing fancy, but hey it was free! And I did appreciate the fact there was a little variety every day and my little girl loved being able to head over and grab some cereal and pancakes whenever she wanted in the morning. Pool wasn't fancy but perfectly fine and the basketball court and BBQ facilities were nice extras Staff was very friendly and pleasant. Some caveats for foreign visitors - this is not really a hotel, more of a rental condo with continental breakfast and housekeeping. You must have a car. The staff is terrific but cannot wait on you hand and foot. This not a romantic getaway, it's all families all the time with rugrats everywhere. Keeping these entirely predictable limitations in mind I really thought this place was great and everyone in my group agreed they wanted to stay here again.

Room Tip: I could hear kids running around above me in my first-floor room, it didn't bother me but if you...
2  Thank Chadokimu
Rick R, General Manager at Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear "Great location and fantastic for families",

Thank you for your positive Feedback, I will definitely share your comments with my Team.

We strive for excellence & positive Guest Satisfaction every day. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the amenities the Hotel had to offer & the Staff lived up to your expectation.

We look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is the second time we have had the pleasure of staying at this property. The location is great. 5 minutes to LAX, close to shopping areas, 25 minutes to Hollywood. The room was very comfortable and clean. The amenities were excellent.. If you travel with a family, they have 2 bedroom, 2 bath units with small kitchens that are reasonably priced and includes breakfast and lite dinners on some evenings. The general manager, Kyle Vandershoor, was extemely helpful. We will definitely stay here again!!

1  Thank FamilyTraveler1959

Dear "Outstanding !!!!!!!!",

I'm very happy to hear that your stay with us was so memorable !!!! The Hotel is very convenient to LAX, Manhattan Beach, Hollywood & many shopping venues in the immediate area.

We look forward to having you back soon at the Hyatt House - El Segundo.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Manhattan Beach Marriott
Manhattan Beach Marriott
#6 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel

Been to Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo? Share your experiences!